Chat The Nep Lounge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kaede Grimwater, Oct 4, 2016.

?

Fighting in HDD can be exhausting. Which of the CPUs do you think can maintain HDD the longest?

Poll closed Nov 15, 2016.
  1. Neptune

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Noire

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Vert

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. Blanc

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. Ruin

Ruin Existential Complex

Sure. I just mean to a much greater extent.
    Yup. I've always thought her trunks-of-loot were a metaphor for the air of superiority Microsoft has had with their consoles in the past, i.e. "What I have is better than yours." That's certainly why Vert, and Leanbox by extension, has huge regal themes.

Jimlad 42, Merithor and MilkCalf like this.
  2. Kaede Grimwater

Kaede Grimwater Existential Complex

Soooooo, I went and played Re;birth2 and Re;Birth3 on my new computer, and the frame rate is SO FRIGGIN HIGH! I don't know how to handle this! I am used to terrible framerates. Usually high frame rates are a good thing, but I can't get used to this.

Anyway! @Ruin
    I was playing around with recording Re;Birth2. It is a short video, but tell me what you think.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0yR7jZaSUUoUGpSeU5mZ29SRUE/view
    Team Lastation!

3. Ruin

Ruin Existential Complex

I detect you may be attempting to bribe me with that Mass Destruction remix.

The video and audio quality is decent. Though the game's audio was noticeably worse than the Overground audio. That may be caused by the audio layering. Though, I'm no expert in this field.

Also; Thanks, now I'm listening to Persona tracks again. (Like that's any different than usual.)

4. Kaede Grimwater

Actually, that for two reasons.
    1. I really like the song.
    2. You might like the song.

Either way it works out.

I wanted to record more, but then I remembered that I have already done everything.

Megumin, Jimlad 42 and Merithor like this.
  5. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

The strange relation"ship" between Uni and Nepgear always interested me...
    Although this pushed me over finally... (To the research!)

(I'm sure there's holes in this, but this was my conclusion from about 5 minutes of research :p)

I looked into it a little more, upon the release of the PSP, the only real competitor was considered the Nintendo DS released prior. (Note: Sega portable consoles, including the GameGear were NOT considered viable market competition.)
    Reading further, when released, the PSP, Sony had published a list of pledges for the console to produce games.
    I think, in somewhat relation, the Sega also supported Sony with their first portable console. (Some games were republished by Sega THROUGH the PSP.)

Thus, I'm going to infer that Nepgear x Uni, platonically of course, represents that support between Sega and Sony with the release of the PSP.
    Between the candidates, I think, is simply for the sake of relationship realism... (Needs more research into this...)

Although, what bugs me would be why Sega didn't support Nintendo nearly as much as they did Sony...
    I would think there is some bad history, at least in market competition, between the two; But, again, I need to research into this as well...

Give me your thoughts...

6. Kaede Grimwater

This sounds like it would go over my head, but I suppose for the most part it makes sense.

Megumin, Jimlad 42 and Merithor like this.
  7. Ruin

Ruin Existential Complex

Possibly, but I find it hard to believe one small-time partnership would've played that big of a role in the Nep-verse lore.

Jimlad 42 and Merithor like this.
  8. Inf_Wolf14

I imagine there's more behind it.
    That was just a conclusion from a quick 5-minute research break. :p

Jimlad 42, Merithor and Ruin like this.
  9. Kaede Grimwater

Happy New Year everyone!

[​IMG]

10. Inf_Wolf14

Damn, keenh has some awesome work...
    I didn't even see that picture til now. :eek:

Jimlad 42 and Kaede Grimwater like this.
  11. Kaede Grimwater

Nepgear customization ho!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Most of the time I keep everyone in their default outfits, but this outfit is just so good.

12. Ruin

Ruin Existential Complex

[Warning! : This post will be segmented because of Spoiler folders. It'll be a little tough to read. That, and I'll try to hold back, but I'm not going to be completely positive.]

So, I finally started playing Victory II yesterday. I'm roughly ten (10) hours into it. I'm not very far, only just got past the
    Zero Dimension Arc
    and got
    Iffy and Compa in the party in the Nep portion of the Hyper Arc.
    Ref #1 took forever and I even started to rush half way through it. I wanted out of that hell-hole immediately. Reminds me of mk2, not something I like. I liked
    Uzume and her interactions with Nep. Umio is the best part of the entire Arc. Hands down.
    Right now, I'm... sadly disappointed.

As for the gameplay, I do like the new combo system over the old one. (Also, has anyone noticed that when a party member leaves their stuff is auto-unequipped and returned? Cool, but when they return they're given what the game deems "best" by default. That's a huge problem if you have the Weapon & Armor DLC.) The game looks and sounds beautiful, though there are still some assets here and there that they haven't stopped reusing yet. I'll be glad when they finally stop using those Horsebird (as an example) models and "Cheery Town Music" tracks and make some new ones. Anyway; the game itself loads leagues faster in all respects than the earlier titles. It's crazy fast to go from in-combat to the dungeon map or vice-versa. I like not having to wait, who doesn't? Of course, the in-battle areas aren't presets anymore. They're actually the exact area of the map you were in when you entered battle. (For the most part.) Try entering battle around a breakable object, leaving battle, breaking the object, and then going back into battle. Small detail, but is appreciated.

However, that's where my praises end. The game balance feels so... slow. I don't mind the level grinding required before, but it feels like the levels don't have any real weight. I level up ten times and I still feel the same in terms of strength. Credits come crazy slow, and everything in the shop is stupid expensive. Namely consumables. Which are way more necessary with the heavy nerf'ing of general play. Status effects stay after battle, you're not healed upon exiting to the map, random encounters on the map, EXE doesn't stay between battles (and is way less useful), and items have limited stock. I also feel like I have no means of customization. I've never been the type to actually use the alternate costumes, but I've found... well, none. That and there aren't accessories anymore. (Meaning, the stat items, not the costume parts that equip to the head slot.) Only Weapon and Armor. What the hell?

Anyone else here hate how the game is
    split into segments? Like the different Arcs, and then again into the CPUs for the Hyper Arc?
    I really don't like that. I liked having a
    party that gradually got larger over the course of the game
    in earlier titles. Especially when the game
    takes Nep away. It may be contrived, but Nep is still my favorite character, and the protagonist, so taking her away several times over the course of the story really pisses me off.

[sigh]... Sorry. I don't want to complain, especially in front of others who may enjoy everything I don't. I just had to share. I could go on, but I don't want to be any more negative on it. I'm just disappointed that the game isn't what I wanted. To extend an olive branch here: Imagine if you absolutely adored a certain type of candy bar. It's your favorite one. Then you hear news of the company making a second type of the candy bar. They got a professional chef to design it, and an artist to design the wrapper. The chocolate is beautiful, and hell, even the wrapper is gorgeous. You take a bite... and find that a majority of the flavor you loved is gone. And the others ingredients are replaced by alternatives used by other candy companies. I hope that makes it more clear.

[EDIT]
    Before anyone directly replies, let me say this: I've put a lot more time into the game, and while my over-arching, general complaints still stand, I genuinely believe this to be a fantastic game. Ref #1 just sucks major eggs. It's just not what I wanted in the next Nep installment.

Oh, and I'd like to share screenshots, but I'm on PS4, so that'll be a little bit of a nuisance to do.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  13. Merithor

Merithor Pangalactic Porcupine

Nepu Nepu Revival Beam Sparkle~~~!
    (Just Kidding) ;P

Question:
    If you were to generalize the characters in to different countries/Dialects, what would you choose?

Vert: Quite obvious for this one, Britain/English, her Basilicom (from what we know of) is rustic Englisyh architecture and she drinks a lot of tea.
    Blanc: German. Majority of of her moves are German named, most of the points she makes (before brutallizing everything) is through her angry toned voice even though it's just stereotyping saying they are naturally angry.
    Noire: America.. Thing is majority of this one is coming from Uni's end then Noire except for the technological factor...
    Neptune: .... .... .... This is the problem, Noire and Nep technically fit into the situation for American. So.. Can I just say Canadian because she's super meta? >_>;;;

14. Kaede Grimwater

I don't think I know enough about the world to guess.

15. Ruin

Ruin Existential Complex

In absolute fairness, Blanc only uses German naming as much as she does because she's a Chuuni and thinks it's cool. Though, old-age Japanese themes are really all we have to go on for Lowee. So, perhaps a mix of German and Japanese?

Jimlad 42, Inf_Wolf14 and Merithor like this.
  16. Merithor

Thing is on the Japanese theme, that was only 1 game. Otherwise it's been Fantasy/Magic theme.

Jimlad 42, Inf_Wolf14 and Ruin like this.
  17. Ruin

Ruin Existential Complex

Sure, but that was also the only time Lowee had any real-world designs. Not arguing, but it's really difficult to say what the origins of every CPU would be when the only one that doesn't look Japanese is Vert. And Vert only looks American because of the visual pun with Microsoft being the only American company that makes consoles.

Also, bit of an aside; But have you still been playing VII recently? I recently finished the true end and would like to discuss it with someone else.

Jimlad 42, Inf_Wolf14 and Merithor like this.
  18. Merithor

Yes I have. Find me on Kaede's steam (DemDem) and add me so we can talk about it. I'd try not to put any new spoilers here unless really deemed necessary.

Jimlad 42 and Inf_Wolf14 like this.
  19. Kaede Grimwater

Sorry I haven't posted much lately, I haven't really had much notable news. Most of it is minor accomplishments on VII.

Megumin, Jimlad 42 and Inf_Wolf14 like this.
  20. Ruin

Ruin Existential Complex

Here's my last Victory II progress post!

[​IMG]
    Card Master was one of the most soul-crushing experiences I've ever had the "patience" to put up with. Hours spent opening 30 Chips at a time and reloading. Over and Over.
    But it's finally over. And so are all of the trophies/achievements. Phew, what a grind those last ones are. (Godly Game Creator, Sucky Game Creator, Item Meister, and Mayor depending on your attachment to the Delphinus set.)