Chat The Nep Lounge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kaede Grimwater, Oct 4, 2016.

?

Fighting in HDD can be exhausting. Which of the CPUs do you think can maintain HDD the longest?

Poll closed Nov 15, 2016.
  1. Neptune

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Noire

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Vert

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. Blanc

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. Merithor

Merithor Pangalactic Porcupine

Continuing Part 4:
    As an example of being submissive is when you meet up with Vert in Leanbox, Vert easily manipulated Gear into siding with her before the fight. Along with her Self Esteem and Confidence being manipulated, peer pressure and specific threat will cause her to fall into everything else mentioned.
    As her part is "The girl next door" cliche, she has too many flaws, she's too normal. Even IF can out do her for CPU qualifications.... Hell, nearly -any- of the makers can out do her. Only 2 things keeping her in the CPU line are her fellow candidates/friends and Share energy.
    In MegaDimension she proves more reckless, by running out of the terminals field to being teleported to HyperDimension and staying with Uzume. Even though in the long run it helped keep Uzume alive, her thought process of the oncoming threat of Arfoire caused her to leave Nep alone (which really, Nep can take care of herself.... surprisingly) where as Gear herself can if it's not against a big baddie.

2. Kaede Grimwater

Kaede Grimwater Existential Complex

I wonder how Nepgear would have turned out had Re;Birth2 and Re;Birth3 been less traumatic for her.

Megumin, Jimlad 42 and Merithor like this.
  3. Merithor

If the incidents of Re:Birth 2 didn't happen in the form of failing to save the CPU's the first time, her confidence might have been higher. But this she is the protag, but it proves she has the power, pretty much being the strongest Candidate, but her short comings keeping on like Warechu to Compa's boobs...
    If Gear wasn't so worried about Neptune, she might not have gotten stuck in UltraDimension. She worries way too much, which relating to before, makes her reckless. If she didn't listen to Vert (but has the mentality to listen to any Goddess...), she could have outed Vert in the fight alone... Makes me wish that happened, allow Gear to prove she doesn't need help all the time..

All in all, she could have been Noire level in CPU mentality to getting things done immediately (but with out stressing like Lonely Fart does), and possibly tie in with her in power if she didn't have to rely on friends to get things done or fear of not able to do anything right. Instead Uni takes this place of having all the confidence that Gear lacks while feeling like she can't compare to Noire. (hence why Gear and Uni are best paired together)

4. Kaede Grimwater

It isn't that I like it or anything, I just don't really know what might be considered a spoiler or not anymore. Too many people to keep track of, and my mind isn't great at remembering things. Anyway...

I think the long and short of it is Nepgear simply got put in string of bad situations. This kinda wrecked her confidence pretty hard. Losing to Magic and being imprisoned for 3 years hit her pretty hard, but I think the biggest hit was when she was finally getting her confidence back, and Magic shows up and dominates her again. That confidence boost leading to another shattered self esteem really had to hurt.

5. Merithor

I was saying because a lot of what we put would be spoilers, character development/story happenings. Aaand that is easy to use.

--Agreed, she's got hit in hell and back just to go back to square one. :X

6. Silverduke1

Silverduke1 Giant Laser Beams

I just got megadimension neptunia VII on steam ^^ albeit i still need to play Re:birth 1

7. Kaede Grimwater

Re;Birth1 isn't connected to VII. So you don't have to worry as much.

Best of luck in any case.

Megumin, Jimlad 42 and Inf_Wolf14 like this.
  8. Kaede Grimwater

@Merithor

Did you get the true ending? I have true ending stuff to discuss. By the way I got the true ending.

9. Merithor

Yes I have. :3

10. Kaede Grimwater

Goodie! But...uh...how to discuss what I want to discuss. It might not fit within the PG-13 limit of the forums.

11. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

Y'all always got conversations. :p

(I'm not sure what you plan to talk about, but if you think its borderline...)

(Oh yeah, I'm Chika now.)

12. Kaede Grimwater

1. WOOOOT CHIKA!
    2. Where did you get such a nice picture of Chika?
    3. Are conversations exempt from the PG-13 rating?
    4. Can't tell you what it is about. It is ending stuff.

13. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

1. I agree.
    2. DeviantArt, of course, you have to sort through the Vert x Chika ships...
    3. Not really, but at least you are trying to prevent such content from being publically accessible.
    (Plus, as game theories and discussion, I think youll be fine. :))
    4. Aye, gotcha.

Edit:

Here's the page link if you're interested. (Quite a few also good pictures by this author.)
    (Honestly, I almost went with the Orange Heart picture...)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  14. Kaede Grimwater

I kinda feel bad only talking about VII stuff. Only a few of us can partake. SO, let's talk about something that everyone can talk about. Something that bugs me a bit. CPUs can fly, and yet they still seem to use conventional travel methods likes boats, or planes, or other such things. Why is this? Seems weird doesn't it?

15. Ruin

Ruin Existential Complex

They've stated before that being in HDD is tiring. That's reason enough.

Granted, there's no excuse for them not just zipping over to the area that's being attacked in a crisis.

Jimlad 42 and Inf_Wolf14 like this.
  16. Kaede Grimwater

I suppose that is a good point, and one I really should have remembered, but I am dumb.

Megumin, Jimlad 42 and Inf_Wolf14 like this.
  17. Kaede Grimwater

This is a neat picture.

[​IMG]

18. Ruin

Ruin Existential Complex

Now, the joke with the Planeptune and Lastation shipping is of course the fact that the Planeptune ladies are the protagonists representing IF/CH (and Sega, but that's not important right now), and Lastation is representing the console the games belong to. That's the joke, we all know this. However, doesn't anyone else think it's odd that representations of Sega and representations of Sony are so lovey-dovey? In game-history, they've never really had any huge relations. I'd also think Blanc would distrust Planeptune and Lastation much more, and Vert would look down on everyone else.

Jimlad 42 and Merithor like this.
  19. Kaede Grimwater

I didn't know this.

Megumin, Jimlad 42 and Ruin like this.
  20. Merithor

Technically hit the ball on the park.
    Blanc still doesn't trust the others despite how close they are.
    Vert IS looking down on everyone via her breasticles. She keeps flaunting them, thats reason enough.

Jimlad 42, Ruin and MilkCalf like this.