1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED The Nebulites 3.2

The Nebulite Race: An ancient race forgotten by time!

1. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

Don't see why I couldn't make it compatible. I'll work on other mod compatibility patches post-3.0.

EDIT: Sent the invite to the conversation. You may have to look on the more recent pages for the current beta revision, the conversation wont let me edit the original post.

2. Zombielogic101

Zombielogic101 Phantasmal Quasar

Man seeing that image on the mod's front page makes me really wanna get a hold of it.

3. OctoSHarkTasaurus

OctoSHarkTasaurus Subatomic Cosmonaut

As much as I want this race back (I'm one of the oldest users of the mod... hehe) I suggest you wait for the 1.3 update for the game, seeing as that will change a f*ckton of content and gameplay. It's been so long since I used this, damn. I don't even remember my character's name.

EDIT 1: His name was Oroex!

EDIT 2: How are you going to integrate the nebulites into the story? Are they the people who built the cultivator?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  4. Armok

Armok Cosmic Narwhal

any estimated release date for the reworked version?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  5. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

Its basically ready to go, but it may be best to wait for Starbound 1.3 before a re-release.

6. Armok

Armok Cosmic Narwhal

Good, I'm looking forwards to playing as a nebulite

7. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

Alright guys, gonna open it up for public beta to look for bugs before 1.3 rolls around. Some stuff IS missing at the moment (armors, tier 2-6 bows ect.) but I'll be getting those in soon.

Saint Apollyon likes this.
  8. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

ZimaZang updated The Nebulites with a new update entry:

Update/Beta - Complete Overhaul!

Read the rest of this update entry...

9. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

GJ on the test release! I'll be sure to boot it up and give it a spin to check for more bugs.

10. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

Side note: Because armors aren't in yet, you may not be able to progress through the main story. To get around this you'll probably have to spawn some armors in so here are some ids for human armors.

TIER 1 (IRON):
    • humantier1head
    • humantier1chest
    • humantier1pants
    TIER 2 (TUNGSTEN):
    • humantier2head
    • humantier2chest
    • humantier2pants
    TIER 3 (TITANIUM):
    • humantier3head
    • humantier3chest
    • humantier3pants
    TIER 4 (DURASTEEL):
    • humantier4head
    • humantier4chest
    • humantier4pants
    TIER 5 - ACCELERATOR (AEGISALT):
    • humantier5ahead
    • humantier5achest
    • humantier5apants
    TIER 5 - MANIPULATOR (FEROZIUM):
    • humantier5mhead
    • humantier5mchest
    • humantier5mpants
    TIER 5 - SEPARATOR (VIOLIUM):
    • humantier5shead
    • humantier5schest
    • humantier5spants
    TIER 6 - ACCELERATOR (SOLARIUM):
    • humantier6ahead
    • humantier6achest
    • humantier6apants
    TIER 6 - MANIPULATOR (SOLARIUM):
    • humantier6mhead
    • humantier6mchest
    • humantier6mpants
    TIER 6 - SEPARATOR (SOLARIUM):
    • humantier6shead
    • humantier6schest
    • humantier6spants

11. Armok

Armok Cosmic Narwhal

Hey, what's the id for the black sun?

12. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

neb_staff_raid1

Armok likes this.
  13. Armok

Armok Cosmic Narwhal

Also a bit of a bug I've noticed: whenever I upgrade my ship, it immediately gives me the next upgrade

FreeBound likes this.
  14. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

Thats... odd? Havent had that happen yet but I'll do some testing later. Maybe a mod conflict? As far as I know there shouldnt be anything doing that but I could have overlooked something.

15. Armok

Armok Cosmic Narwhal

After a bit of testing I've figured out that it was the optional erchius mission that was causing this bug. The mod automatically repairs the ship's ftl drive upon bootup which seems to trigger the bug. Also I have 2 questions: will you be reimplementing the shadow element, and will you be adding racial crafting station(s) for the nebulites (vanilla crafting stations seem out of place to me)

16. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

The darkness element is absolutely coming back, but I want to make it more of a special element, rather than something that just any quarterstaff can have. Though I don't know if I'll bring back purity just yet. As for the racial crafting stations, I really do want to do this, but I'm not sure how to go about doing it, since the recipes are added as generic recipes rather than race-specific ones. I might be able to make a patch file to remove certain recipes from Nebulites specifically though and go about adding stuff in that way.

Armok likes this.
  17. OctoSHarkTasaurus

OctoSHarkTasaurus Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh my god, it's back. I'm so happy, I can finally be fully immersed in goody-good-goodness again.

Armok likes this.
  18. Armok

Armok Cosmic Narwhal

I have just came up with an amazing addition for this mod: procedurally-generated ancient weapons that drop from the ancient vault guardians, the drop chance should be 50% and these weapons will most likely be staffs or broadswords (primarily due to the fact that the guardians wield staffs or swords) the element (and if possible the abilities) of the weapon should be based off of whatever element the guardian was (and, again if possible, the abilities should be based off of whatever abilities the guardian had). I'm thinking this'd fit nicely hence the fact that the nebulites are a race of ancients. also (unless I've overlooked this) I'd like to see the unique quarterstaffs to be upgradable at the ancient forge

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  19. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

for some reason the character sprite is a bit messed up....
    good mod otherwise

20. ALWAYSANGRON

ALWAYSANGRON Subatomic Cosmonaut

Is this compatible with frackin?