1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED The Mantizi Empire (Patch 1.3) v0.8.3

Beetles and Romans and Space, together at last.

1. OctoSHarkTasaurus

OctoSHarkTasaurus Subatomic Cosmonaut

Not compatible, but it isn't in "outdated" so we can say it's going to make a return... I hope.

2. E253MechaShadow

E253MechaShadow Phantasmal Quasar

Oh boy, I really miss this one. The author seems to have been inactive since last August, so I wouldn't bet on an OFFICIAL return.

3. UnsubRedun

UnsubRedun Plebeian

UnsubRedun updated The Mantizi Empire (Glad Giraffe) with a new update entry:

The Mantizi Empire (Patch 1.3)

Read the rest of this update entry...

4. voiditect

voiditect Scruffy Nerf-Herder

*insert Hollow Knight joke here*

5. UnsubRedun

UnsubRedun Plebeian

hollow knight... is good

6. UnsubRedun

UnsubRedun Plebeian

'sup

7. Lindazana

Lindazana Cosmic Narwhal

Yesss, glorious space-beetle empire returns!

8. LunaraGK

LunaraGK Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Issue installing it into a server, error returned: [Error] Fatal Exception caught: (ItemException) Duplicate item name 'mantizitier2head' found

9. UnsubRedun

UnsubRedun Plebeian

Yep, I was just about to make a post about this crash. Over the past hour or so, I've discovered the source of a crash people are getting related to armors. It turns out at some point my mod got rolled into Frackin' Universe, so there's a bunch of duplicate files that are causing conflicts. I'm going to see if I can get in touch with the FU guys and see what can be done.

10. LunaraGK

LunaraGK Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ah, alright, I wish you the best of luck in that matter.

11. UnsubRedun

UnsubRedun Plebeian

Sadly, I must say that for the foreseeable future, this mod will remain incompatible with Frackin' Universe. I won't go into details but as a matter of principle I am unwilling to make some admittedly minor suggested adjustments regarding itemNames, but I invite anyone who knows how to do so in order to make the mod compatible if they wish. There shouldn't be many, it's just a line of code in a couple of the armors.

Sorry guys.

As for the future of this mod, however, I'm not going to let this slow me down. This weekend I will begin familiarizing myself with Tiled and other tools in order to get some framework for spawning Mantizi villages and dungeons. NPCs work for the most part, but there's nothing to spawn them in yet. There's also a bunch of furniture already in the files, and they've been tested and WILL spawn tenants already, you just can't access them without admin commands right now. But that's hopefully going to change soon!

Not long after is the asset art review I mentioned previously and a re-done ship.

xaliber and Darmak like this.
  12. E253MechaShadow

E253MechaShadow Phantasmal Quasar

OH SHIT WADDUP
    Sayter must eventually remove all Mantizi items from FU. Needless to say, FU is absolutely great, but it tends to reimplement items from outdated mod without the original creators' permission. I guess it's okay for mods that are announced to be discontinued forever, but it's a real pain in the rear when the author decides to update the mod.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    xaliber likes this.
  13. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

Fu changed it, its compatible now

14. UnsubRedun

UnsubRedun Plebeian

There's crashes related the now missing Mantizi items in the new version, but I'm doing some independent research into this at the moment as I think I might know what can be done to fix it. In the long run, future-proofing the mod with itemName changes could have prevented this, but I take full responsibility for these current woes, as my refusal to change the source of the assets is what caused them to change theirs. Updating the mod with a notice about this.

15. Asterio

Asterio Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, there some missing { in mantizi\dialog\combat.config.patch ;)

16. UnsubRedun

UnsubRedun Plebeian

Thanks! Some other people are pointing out some other code I missed, I'm takin' a peep right now. Code is not my strong point lol

jonathonspy likes this.
  17. Musty Musketeer

Musty Musketeer Space Hobo

is the mod abandoned?