The Magical Thread of Slimy Awesomeness

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LuthienNightwolf, Dec 18, 2016.

1. LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

And now she's yelling at you to get over there and help her clean up the mess. lol I can't imagine slime is easy to get out of your carpet.

• LuthienNightwolf

I couldn't get the best picture because they wouldn't stop swarming me, but I wanted to show off some of the pretty lavender slimes I've been getting in my beach colony. These slimes were all either hatched from blue eggs, or bred from blue slimes, I haven't brought any other colors down here. All the different shades of blue and purple-ish all come from just one color line. :) It's really interesting to see how many variations you can get without even mixing colors.
      Lavender Slimes 1.png
      Lavender Slimes 2.png

Seismothesaurus and Stryder87 like this.
      • Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

Those look more Turquoise/Teal to me, but the subtle variations are quite impressive! I've gotten those colours too. I should take a shot of my cave where I put in a couple and let them breed a bit. The colours are similar.

• LuthienNightwolf

There's a lot of turquoise and teal and some dark blues too, but the lavender ones are hard to get a good photo of because they keep moving and getting buried. There's maybe 4 or 5 in the whole bunch.

Edit: Here, I worked some photoshop magic to help them stand out better. lol Also used the eyedropper tool to pull colors from them, you can really see those purple hues when they're laid out flat.
          Lavender Slimes 1.png
          Lavender Slimes 2.png

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
          • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

That what /you/ think. When you're not there they've been breeding with the Moonlight Jellies offshore. :poke:

Roskii Heiral likes this.
            • Stryder87

I started with the blue and purple ones on the left. The colours are starting to range already. :3 Funny how I hit the screenshot just as I blinked when I got bit. Talk about timing!
              Cave Slime.jpg

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
              • LuthienNightwolf

Hey Slime Farmers, have any of you ever wanted to bathe with slime from your latest brood?

Yeah....me either. >.>

Seismothesaurus likes this.
                • Seismothesaurus

Seismothesaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Great, now I can't unimagine slow-motion smearing slime balls around the hutch floor every morning. :x

• Stryder87

Ummmm... what was that even about???

• LuthienNightwolf

Bath bombs, I guess. I ran across it randomly in my suggested videos and I was too intrigued not to look. lol I'm a bit afraid of what they might do to the drain, but otherwise....maaaaaybe? Probably expensive though, I believe these are a Lush product.

Here, found something about them. Couldn't find anything yet on their actual site but I guess this article will work. http://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/beauty-hair/a10335479/lushs-jelly-bombs/

• Stryder87

At least it wasn't pink slime. Ooooo... bathe in it AND eat it at the same time!! Tastes like chicken!! haha

• LuthienNightwolf

Edited my comment up there after a little digging, if you want to see what they are. I guess they turn your bath water into jelly. Weird but...still mildly curious. lol

And ew, no thanks on the pink slime, that reminds me too much of that scene from Poltergeist. :rofl:

• Stryder87

Never watched that movie. I knew it would scar me for life. But, I was thinking of those videos where they show how they make chicken nuggets out of pink slime. Somehow I suspect it's nearly as disturbing! :avalilol:

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

Oh man, those jelly bath and snail videos reminds me of how gross goo is irl Dx
                              If slimes were real, I would most definitely not be a slime farmer irl. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near them. Ew, ew, ew xD

• LuthienNightwolf

I imagine they'd be terrifying irl. lol Little blobs of snot with pointy teeth and beady little eyes. They'd probably smell funny too.

That gets me wondering, what do slimes eat? Other slimes? >u<

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

I'm imagining they're producers, living off of salts, minerals and some type of unknown energy source :)

• Seismothesaurus

Seismothesaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is what I think as well. Their bodies schloop up nutrients through contact. Maybe they can hurt us because they have external digestive juices.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

I picture them as feeding through osmosis, absorbing anything organic they can adhere to. Probably in the caves, patches of fungus, algae, and decaying matter. Basically big amoebae. They tend to pick up a lot of inorganic matter by feeding this way, which is why Purple Slimes can drop Iridium, they concentrate chunks of it one tiny particle at a time as they feed, and it's just a lump of something inorganic inside of them. Anything they drop is just something they sucked inside during feeding that they can't or haven't digested just yet!

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

That's a good hypothesis too :D

• LuthienNightwolf

Schloop. lol

Seismothesaurus likes this.