The Magical Thread of Slimy Awesomeness

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LuthienNightwolf, Dec 18, 2016.

1. LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Page 2 actually. ;)

I'm still salty I discovered the long missing easter egg and he never responded. lol

Seismothesaurus and Jerev like this.
    • Jerev

Jerev Pangalactic Porcupine

I chose page three because it had more and better pictures ;)

It would have been legendary, if CA had responded. But you still got proof of your deed documented in this thread :iswydt:

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
        LuthienNightwolf likes this.
      • sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

Now that I have the slime hutch, I'm going to start using it as testing different colors. I'm hatching a green and red, hopefully one is male and one female, and I'll fence them off and see what color offspring they have. I'll keep you guys updated on if I get any yellow!

gamerfluid and LuthienNightwolf like this.
        • Rauchschwalbe

Rauchschwalbe Cosmic Narwhal

• Charity322

Charity322 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I wonder how Abigail would feel about slimes in the house. If anyone would appreciate them I think she would.

• gamerfluid

gamerfluid Void-Bound Voyager

We need some kind of ultimate slime-wrangling tool in this game...hmmm...
            [​IMG]

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
            • wronghandle

wronghandle Star Wrangler

Never thought I'd want slimes with kitty ears, but here we are.

gamerfluid likes this.
              • gamerfluid

gamerfluid Void-Bound Voyager

OMG Emily... don't act like you can't see the slimes in the house. THEY'VE BEEN BREEDING IN OUR BEDROOM. Our dog even likes them, so ???
                emilyslimereact.png
                Also, I didn't know slimes were so against dumpster-diving:
                vlcsnap-2017-08-03-10h43m45s505.png

Especially considering my farm slimes have a weird habit of falling in love with inanimate objects! (or at least, falling in love with another slime AND the object...and standing on either side of said object instead of going around to get to the other slime :p)
                vlcsnap-2017-08-03-10h38m28s500.png
                that pink slime spent a LONG time bumping up against that lamp post, all by itself o_O

vlcsnap-2017-08-03-10h37m07s621.png
                same with these dudes. The stone does NOT make a sound when slimes touch it, unfortunately, cuz then they would have played me the song of their love. Maybe with the next update.

• LuthienNightwolf

Omg those ditto slimes, I just can't. lol Great pictures!

• wronghandle

Ahoy hoy, slime farmers! Is luck a factor in the chance of hatching a male? I've got 3 female greenies and a lucky lunch sitting around gathering dust.

• LuthienNightwolf

Good question, I'm not actually sure myself, I always thought it was a random thing. I don't know much about luck anyhow though so maybe one of the other farmers can answer that one.

wronghandle likes this.
                      • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

It's just random chance-- why should getting a female slime be considered 'unlucky' versus a male one? If you hatched three males and were waiting on a female, then you'd be overjoyed to get a girly-slime.

(Side note; according to the wiki the gender of a slime is set when the egg itself is created, not when it's incubated. An egg will supposedly always hatch the same gender even if you were to go back and replay that save file again and again; it's determined when the egg is spawned or produced.)

• wronghandle

Good point. I guess I had the impression from other posts that males were scarcer.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Hmm, that I can't speak to. I've never seen any statistics but my general impression is that it's a straight 50/50 split with slight deviations for random chance. Just combing through some of the screen shots of the larger colonies on this thread, the ratio of males to females looks pretty even. (At a casual eyeballing! I haven't actually counted Slimes! That would just put me to sleep. :zzz: )

LuthienNightwolf and wronghandle like this.
                            • LuthienNightwolf

When I started my reds I hatched three males before I got a female. I think this game just likes to troll. lol

wronghandle likes this.
                              • wronghandle

Preliminary report from the greenhouse: they swarmed me while I was tilling, and I accidentally chopped one with the hoe. RIP greenie. Learn from my fail - have seeds in your pocket when you pick cabbages, avoid needing to hoe around slimes.

Seismothesaurus likes this.
                                • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

The hoe actually does damage? Unexpected. Your axe/pick/scythe are all low-grade weapons, but I've never heard of anyone doing damage with the hoe before. Huh.

• wronghandle

Right? And there weren't little numbers to show loss of HP. I heard that I'd made contact a few times, but I figured I was within acceptable parameters. Then --squish-- dwarf scroll where slime had been. Boo.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Ah! Well, that explains it all! Clearly it was a messenger Slime, set to self-destruct when relaying its telegram! :poke:

wronghandle likes this.
                                      • Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

And here's what happens when Penny runs into (literally) a slime in the house! The girl walked right by it and it went Splooch!!

Penny & Slime.jpg