Gameplay [The Kingdoms] Zeces Nest

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by Ralij, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Ralij

Ralij Big Damn Hero

Sgt. Harker at your service. Well, ex-sergeant anyway. With the destruction on earth the remnant of humanity has lost their collective minds. My unit's leadership was no different. To make a long story short I'm no longer a soldier of the USCM. I was stuffed aboard a damaged craft that leaked fuel and sent to drift in space. After surviving by gnawing on my own arm and drinking my own liquid wastes the craft was finally caught in the gravity field of a planet, Zeces Nest II, which I am now writing from. Luckily the teleporter operates still.

I arrived at night sometime and made my home in a cave on the hillside. The berries and flowers of the vines that hung from that cave seem to be completely edible and there are no longer any vines in the cave.

Day 1- I spent my first daylight hours on this planet exploring. There was a significant cache of goods scattered about which is now in my possession. If my luck holds I'll be able to use these goods to barter my way off of this planet.

It wasn't long till I discovered bridges, ruins and graveyards, it seems that this planet was more than just a cache site for rumrunners, but who? Were they human or an alien species? Why did they abandon their towers? There are many questions as of yet for this planet, but that's a secondary concern for me right now.

Covering much of the surface on the first day I learned that there is an abundance of edible foods here, including wheat, corn, and pearlpeas. I used some hunting spears I found in the smuggler's cache to kill a wayward poptop and made a meal out of it. I haven't eaten this well in a long time.

Day 2

I finished exploring and learned that I'm not alone. A single floran (!) lived in a rather nice wooden house on the far side of the planet. He swear that he, or she since I can never tell with them, was unarmed but I know better, as long as a floran breaths it is armed. A few swipes with my blade and I drove its curiosity off. Hopefully that will be enough to get it to leave me well enough alone.

The rest of the day was uninspiring, just took some trees down and concentrated the seeds nearby the mountain to establish a small forestry section while the mine is established. The mine is the most important thing at this point, we are in dire need of copper and iron to make tools out of.

Shack.jpg

Week 1

Nothing built, basic shelter still up and crops planted. A deep dig and quick smithing work for armor and weapons, as well as the core fragments to fix up the ship and being dragged to a mining facitlity to kill a freaky crystal thingy that fires laser beams out of its eyeball crack and the ship is back to functioning...

RAIDING PARTY!

For the next two weeks Harker will spend all of his time raiding and destroying all other species in the region, hunting down furniture and other items that the ship would be able to replicate. Over the course of the raids Harker would amass a small fortune by stealing everything that wasn't nailed down and shooting anyone that got in his way. From the perspective of his victims he could've been any race, covered in head to toe in black robes and scarf none of his actual body was visible and his identity would remain a mystery. All of this destruction financing his aim for his final goal...

The outpost was a crowded facility nowadays. Refugees from all over flooded into the station. Humans from the destroyed Earth and in-fighting by the USCM factions, the hylotl fleeing the floran menace, apex, avian, and glitch all trying to escape from their social overlords and the florans... well nobody was quite sure what they were doing there. The recruitment boards were nearly bare, nobody seemed to need any work done, or at least didn't want to hire refugees to do it. Odin Harker put a nice big board advertising a pair of rooms available for a human inhabitant, the only necessary skill was the ability to farm.

It wasn't long until he was inundated with requests. He picked the first two on top of the pile and kept the rest of the information handy. The lucky two were best friends Lucien Allen and Jamie Cagle. The two women were from the backwoods of Tennessee on Earth, escaping in a makeshift rocket that Jamie's daddy built, though he did not make it himself. They were picked up by a glitch merchant convoy and dropped off at the outpost with nothing but the clothes on their back. It wasn't a hard choice for Odin to pick them, hoping that Jamie inherited some of the ingenuity of their father and knowing that they knew what it meant to get their hands dirty and had the pluck to survive in the backwoods meant they were already conditions.

The home that they were to live in wasn't much as far as niceties go, but it was a sturdy shelter, warm, with a full kitchen that was stocked with what supplies could be had. It wasn't living the high life, but it certainly beat begging for scraps at the outpost.

First farmhouse.jpg

It wasn't long after the first two residents got established that Odin got to work establishing a second farmstead, making sure to get every edible thing this planet had to offer was being grown in large enough quantities to support a population. ...

(I realize these aren't as nice as they were in the other thread, but having to start over and just getting over being sick has kinda killed my creativity for the time being. Besides, a people focused on raw survival probably wouldn't put the effort into the buildings being pretty would they?)

2. Ralij

Ralij Big Damn Hero

I guess this is mostly story so far xD

Judging from the lack of fruit on the inhabited world Harker decided to do something a little different, establishing quick and small agricultural colonies on multiple worlds without other infrastructure. It would be uncomfortable for all involved and they would live in shacks in the short run, but it would prevent long run nutrient deficiencies in a larger number of people. Harker's ship would run between the worlds to ferry supplies in the mean time.

The second quick building, another farmer's shack more than a proper building was erected and two more colonists moved in.
    Perry Cagle and Sunny Hieb were both well off upper class members of Earth and had been vacationing in their luxury cruiser when the Earth died. The cruiser's supplies were nearly out when they picked up the signal at the outpost inviting all human refugees shelter. They barely made it and sold the ship to the penguins for scrap and lived at the outpost. While neither of them are used to a rough life they quickly made themselves of use around the outpost, taking any odd job with a cheerful disposition. It was for their persistence and how quickly they learned that they were chosen. It wasn't long until they adapted to the farm life, rough as it was on their bodies. They endured several mild illnesses due to the strain, but they made it through, thanks to the other colonists. They quickly became beloved and valued members of this tiny, growing community.

second farmhouse.jpg

On the large desert world that the lush homeworld orbits a pair of structures were constructed and underground farms built.
    Desert Farmhouse1.jpg Desert Farmhouse2.jpg

The funnel design as well as the underground nature of the dwellings keep the heat to a minimum and provide protection from the elements, making both houses pleasant places to live.

Fabian Anders and Angel Acaba moved into the subterranean dwellings. Angel worked in her mothers restaurant in Madrid as a child before becoming an astronaut and serving meals on the orbiting space station. Fabian was a Syrian chef known for his dancing mannerisms in the kitchen, at least until it was demolished. Wandering around Fabian was kidnapped by pirates and taken to space to be held for ransom. The pirates quickly found out about his culinary talents and decided to offer him a place on board. Without a home or family to tie him down to Earth he accepted and traveled the galaxy with a pirate crew, hijacking and plundering whenever, wherever, and whoever. The pirate ship and most of its crew was killed in a battle with Dreadwing. Fabian escaped via escape pod and ended up at the outpost, a vagrant once more before arriving on Zeces Nest I as a farmer and chef.

Kingdom Details
    Population: 4
    Food (need/capacity):
    - Vegetables: 12/60
    - carbs: 12/90
    fruits: 12/30
    Need protein!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  3. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

Will you build on several planets or just the desert one?

Don't worry about the first buildings. Once you get more materials, you can be more creative.

4. Ralij

Ralij Big Damn Hero

I'm planning on building on quite a few planets, both for the challenges that an individual world might offer and for resources. Definitely going to be building a number of fuel stations on the barren moon types, at least one on ocean world, forest, snow, tundra, arid, and likely more. I may end up with a colony/city per planet type. This is assuming I don't run out of steam before then.