Gameplay [The Kingdoms] Sygnus System

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by moremuffin, Feb 25, 2016.

1. moremuffin

moremuffin Cosmic Narwhal

Kasali Logo.png
    Kasali's Clan

The story of a young Avali out to find his place in the universe, and possibly overcome his annoying habit of talking in third person all the time.

Mods Used
    Frackin Universe
    Blocktable Plus
    Automatic Irrigators
    XS Mechs

- Beginnings -
    Kasali doesn't think Apex are that smart after all. After all they failed to destroy FTL drive on the first shot. Kasali feels the second shot was a bit rude though and the emergency shutdown of the engines has left Kasali ... well ... Kasali will figure that out at some point.

At least there's a planet nearby that Kasali might be able to scavenge supplies from and maybe repair the engine.

Day 1
    After an extensive search Kasali doesn't think this planet is actually inhabited at all, just terraformed on the way past and colonists left to fend for themselves. They don't appear to have done very well for themselves if all the ruined towers and foundations are any indication. It seems doubtful they ran out of food given the abundant plants Kasali has found in his exploration. Which leaves the possibility that there's something more ferocious than the wildlife Kasali has seen out there.
    2016-02-23_00001.jpg
    Kasali has decided to build out from this ruined tower. Not a very heartening start but at least it gives Kasali something to work with to protect himself from the local wildlife.

Day 5
    It would shame Kasali for another clan member to see him living in such a place, but they aren't here and Kasali will do what he needs to. Though Kasali's new goggles seem very stylish to him and thinks maybe he will not be too embarassed after all, especially since he has some Avali Nanotech on the ship now to reinforce the resources he finds. 2016-02-25_00003.jpg
    Kasali will have to find proper Avali foods at some point but supposes that it's a good thing he likes corn.

Day 7
    Kasali has repaired his engine. \o/
    But before he can invite people to join his colony he must make sure he has an impressive house to not look the fool in front of the new arrivals. He has heard that wheat trading can be pretty lucrative and shall try his hand at being a farmer for a little while.
    2016-02-25_00006.jpg
    The wildlife has seemed pretty subdued lately, perhaps they've noticed that someone has taken up residence in the tower. Given his suspicions about the fate of the previous inhabitants, Kasali is not sure this is a good sign.

Day 17
    So tired. Kasali can't remember the last time he slept without being quickly woken up by nightmares of the staff at Terramart. 20 percent! 20 measly percent and they won't budge no matter how much Kasali haggles, and threats to complain to management are laughed at. Well the jokes on them, Kasali's house is finished and he can start building his own colony ... starting with a more reasonable merchant for one.
    2016-02-25_00007.jpg

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  2. moremuffin

Day 20
    Kasali has decided that that hill to the east of his home is going to be in the way of further development soon and decided to be rid of it. Kasali is very lucky he didn't miss the orbital bombardment otherwise he'd be building a new home right now ... probably worth it anyway Kasali did enjoy himself very much, perhaps if his colony expands he can do it again.
    2016-02-26_00001.jpg
    For now Kasali has decided to use the space as a temporary apiary for the bees he has collected on his travels. They should prove useful as a source of honey for food and trade goods.

Day 22
    Kasali has finished gathering resources to complete another Avali house. He has asked his good friend Eikaka for help and is surprised to learn he has taken a mate for himself. Jasi is training to become a doctor but has also taken on a job as a shopkeeper for the colony to pay for tuition. This also gives the colony a supply of first aid kits to help with any injuries.
    2016-02-26_00003.jpg
    Eikaka has also wasted no time in upgrading Kasali's mediocre farm into something more worthy of the name.

Day 24
    Kasali has found a Miniknog research facility on a nearby desert planet. To say nothing of the threat this poses to our nearby colony ... Kasali thinks he will enjoy this.
    2016-02-26_00004.jpg
    Perhaps he enjoyed himself a little too much, nonetheless Kasali has his vengeance for his ship and this research facility will be a good source of building materials for the colony.
    2016-02-26_00006.jpg

Day 27
    Kasali's clan is unusually tolerant of humans. We choose to see them as responsible for their own actions rather than that of their ancestors. Jaden was worried at first when he saw this was primarily an Avali colony but soon became engrossed in his beekeeping and forgot we were anything other than other people.
    2016-02-27_00003.jpg

Day 30
    Kasali's progress on the new structure up the hill has reached the point he can move into it and free up a tent for a new clan member. Nauko has brought his culinary expertise to the colony as our new chef.
    2016-02-27_00002.jpg

Population - 4 of 6.5
    Jobs - Farmer, Merchant

>> food - [+2.5] - 25 crops (Chef 35), 17 recipes, 5 water, 4 citizens
    >> health - [+4] - 5 food groups (+1 each), 1 water source (+1), basic medicine
    >> housing - [0] - 2 Avali Tents(+1 each), 2 citizens (-1 each)
    >> morale - [-2.7] - no recreation (-1 per 10), no sanitation (-1 per person)
    >> total - [+2.8] - Content but could be better. Proper sanitation needed. More crops need to be planted soon.

- Tech Level - Building Materials: Canvas/Graphene

Side Note: I'll flesh out the story a little more when I start to run out of ideas on building.
    EDIT: Ripped out the original bee-keeping house because in all honesty it looked horribly out of place.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  3. moremuffin

Day 31
    We've finished pushing the tunnel through the hill to access the fields to the east of our current position. Kasali will have to consider the placement of a watchtower before we can get any residential development going to try to control the local wildlife's access to our citizens. After that's been taken care of it should provide a fertile area for crop development. Kasali has also been in talks with a biologist at the Science Outpost, apparently she has a student looking to set up their own lab somewhere and was wondering if we would be amenable. For now Kasali has said he will take it under consideration but doesn't really see any disadvantages.
    2016-02-27_00007.jpg

Day 33
    The overlook is finally finished. From here Kasali can oversee all military operations around the colony through the Avali's neural network. Naoli has also joined the colony as chief strategist and security consultant. Naoli says he should have a new security plan in about a weeks time after he has performed a proper survey of our current operation. He has also recommended hiring a few more of the Terrans since they are more suited to "Take and Hold" operations than Avali and they could offer valuable advice. He also informed Kasali that we will need a proper mine at some point so that Kasali doesn't have to do all the mining by himself any more, plus the fact that he couldn't possibly supply an entire security force by himself.
    2016-02-27_00008.jpg

Population - 5 of 6.5
    Jobs - Farmer, Merchant

>> food - [+1.5] - 25 crops (Chef 35), 17 recipes, 5 water, 4 citizens
    >> health - [+4] - 5 food groups (+1 each), 1 water source (+1), basic medicine
    >> housing - [+1] - 3 Avali Tents(+1 each), 1 Outpost (+3), 5citizens (-1 each)
    >> morale - [-2.7] - no recreation (-1 per 10), no sanitation (-1 per person)
    >> total - [+2.8] - Content but could be better. Proper sanitation needed. More crops need to be planted soon.

- Tech Level - Building Materials: Canvas/Graphene

4. moremuffin

Welp, due to a blackout Kasali kind of got wiped a bit so that's the end of him sadly :/

5. Ralij

Ralij Big Damn Hero

Aw man :( You were right about the building style, somehow manages both sleek and flowingly elegant. I hope you'll begin again, rather enjoyed reading through this.

moremuffin likes this.
  6. moremuffin

Well I've got headstart on Black Desert tomorrow so I was probably going to be on break for a little bit anyway, but I'll probably restart again in a week or so. At the very least I've got a much firmer grasp on Avali advancement and building styles now at any rate, they've somehow quickly become one of my favourite races.

7. Ralij

Ralij Big Damn Hero

Ah, have fun in BDO! Hopefully we'll see you again xD

moremuffin likes this.
  8. moremuffin

Semi-False alarm, luckily only the character got wiped this time so the world file's still intact and I've managed to retrieve the co-ordinates. So I'm just going to admin the new Kasali up to his previous equipment level and carry on from there.

I can stop panicking now.

9. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

Glad the world files where undamaged :) I enjoy seeing the lore and building style of this modded race. I've personally not used any modded races yet, but enjoy the story nonetheless.

moremuffin likes this.
  10. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

It's looking really nice! Keep up the good work. :)

moremuffin likes this.