[The Kingdoms] RP story building - All builders welcomed!

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by SivCorp, Feb 12, 2016.

1. LuckyRare

LuckyRare Phantasmal Quasar

[​IMG]
    Made a water supply thing for my colony:
    A reservoir tank (Emergency water supply)
    A color-coded main tank to show the levels of water 2x10x10 (Blue meaning surplus), yet to decide how much water each citizen consumes however.
    A filtration system/with a tap, Operated by a lever (not actually functional, but it looks nice).

TheFloranChef, The Squid and SivCorp like this.
  2. Rhynera

Rhynera Void-Bound Voyager

This looks interesting. Will there be a new thread for 1.0 or will this one simply be edited?

I also have a question about the spawning rule. Is this a ban on the command or a ban on spawning items that don't fit into your kingdom? For example, I'm considering a Floran kingdom, but have found no colonies. Would I be banned from spawning a decor item to fit the theme of the build (assuming I have the tech level and/or citizens to create said item in an rp context)? I have no interest in pillaging cities when I do find them and the pixel printer requires going through several tiers to create, so I'm curious as to how this is handled.

Also, the game defaults our starter planet to be a lush biome. Are we allowed to start our story on a different planet (forest, ocean, etc)? And at what tech level would serious terraforming be available?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  3. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

I will most likely start a new thread, to avoid confusion with old information.

For spawning items, that is fine so long as you have a resource cost in them. Example: you want Floran furniture, you spawn in a set of table and chairs. You then take some of your wood supply and delete it, as a material cost.
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of the pixel printer being so far down the tech tree.... Perhaps I'll allow it to be spawned at the start, in order to streamline the whole thing.

Yes, any world that doesn't require an augment pack to survive on can be your starting planet.

Never likes this.
  4. LuckyRare

What will you call it?
    In terms of supplies the people need, what is the duration or consumption rate?
    Water/food wise, do they just need to have 1 water/food unit per day or just per person?
    Food is probably easy with the rotting, just place w.e food in their storage box and replace with it turns rotten to consider it eaten :rofl:

5. SivCorp

I will link it here, and it will keep the "Kingdom" moniker.
    I won't require food to be put in homes, just a certain amount of crops per person... Probably 3 per person.

Tools will just be hoes, unless a mod is available to create picks/drills. And not all professions will need those tools.

6. LuckyRare

Can always use the pickaxes you find, I just sell those...xD At least this way they'll have a use...I won't be posting until nearly the end of August, since my character is saved on another PC

SivCorp likes this.
  7. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

Here is another interesting mod: Create-A-Friend.

It allows you to choose what clothes the npc will be wearing. This could be useful to show their professions, for example.

You could also use it to "find" an npc in a dungeon or outside your colony, according to how your story goes. And later transfer them to your buildings (just moving the spawner and selecting the same seed). But so far you can't recruit them as crewmembers.

Edit: just to make it clear, you'll need to have the clothes and equip on the npc. You can change at any time.

I haven't tested it yet, but I think it works for custom races. I created some Ningen npcs before 1.0, so we should be able to make Avali, Felins, Fenerox, etc...

Edit 2: you can in fact create custom race npcs and recruit them with the Job Offers mod.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    Never and SivCorp like this.
  8. LuckyRare

Sounds good, I'd take it. Will make things easier for RP purposes.

9. TheFloranChef

@SivCorp how will the Kingdoms relate to the main story? I'm talking about the very beginning of the game. Will the characters be members of the Protectorate? Or are we going to ignore that?

I think it'd be interesting if the Kingdoms took place after the events on Earth. Our characters could be members of the Protectorate that were away or that left before graduating. They could be independent from the Protectorate too, of course.

10. SivCorp

I think I'll leave it up to the individual players. It will be placed after the earth events of the main storyline, though. But if you want to work within the Protectorate or not is up to you. Personally, I will most likely be RPing within the Protectorate, trying to reestablish it, most likely.

11. TheFloranChef

Ok. I'm considering this: my character will miss graduation day because of a mission. He'll have no idea of what happened on Earth. lol

12. SivCorp

I think the mods needed to make this happen are up to date now....

Time for a restart with a new thread. Standby....

NEW THREAD IS UP!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
    Beatrice, The Squid and LuckyRare like this.