Gameplay [The Kingdoms RP] Bustowia

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by The Squid, Apr 10, 2016.

1. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Bustowia
    [The Kingdoms RP]
    Celaeno Mass VII
    X: 975262876 Y: -236264090

Part of the The Kingdoms RP storyline, Bustow Gurrilla and his small crew have decided to carve out a life for themselves amongst the stars. Hoping to one day grow an empire capable of rivaling the Miniknog, Bustow and his crew temporarily shed aside their craving for action and begin building a new home.

Day 1- Arrival

Bustow Gurrilla here. We've arrived at the Celaeno Mass VII without much incident, other than the fact that the ship's engine is completely wrecked. I suppose that's what I get for trying to escape the Miniknog with a crappy ship.
    We did a little scouting, which was actually quite productive; we found a well, which should provide us with a source of water for the next few days. We also found two other stone structures, which we haven’t done anything with. I think we’re probably going to sleep on the ship tonight, but since it’s running low on fuel, I doubt we’ll be able to do that much more. This is Bustow Gurrilla, signing off.
    Screen Shot 2016-04-04 at 5.16.07 PM.jpg

Day 2- First House
    Bustow Gurrilla. We built our first house, which Steelcrank now lives in. Since he was a lumberjack for his village before he joined our crew, he went and chopped down a few trees. We’re working towards building a sawmill by the end of this week.
    We did a little more exploring today and found an abandoned camp, which we looted. We realized that the inhabitants hadn’t been gone for long, as there were some smoldering ashes in a barrel which they had been using as a campfire. Anyway, there wasn’t much. Just some food and a few iron bars. We used the iron bars to make a saw blade, which will eventually go into our sawmill.
    We also cleared out one of the smaller stone ruins and turned it into an outhouse, which is actually a lot more helpful that one would imagine. Well, it’s getting dark. Bustow Gurrilla, signing off.
    Screen Shot 2016-04-06 at 7.31.56 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2016-04-10 at 10.39.19 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 8.02.57 PM.jpg

Day 3- The Farm
    Today, we built a farm! Aretoun went out and collected some seeds, as well as a few crops that were growing in the wild. Being a Floran, she knows a lot about plants and gardening, so she’s currently our farmer. We have some wheat, potatoes, tomatoes, bananas, rice, and pearlpeas growing.
    Steelcrank, Pincrimp, Oilweld and I stayed back to build the farm. It’s an interesting structure; there are three floors, each holding several crops each. On the very top is Aretoun’s house.
    Right now, we’re building a house for Oilweld. It’s sort of like an apartment sitting on top of the outhouse, but he doesn’t mind. It’s better than sleeping in a tent.
    I have to get back to work. This is Bustow Gurrilla, signing off.
    Screen Shot 2016-04-10 at 11.16.22 AM.jpg

Day 4- The Mine
    Today was EXTREMELY productive. To the West of our settlement, we discovered a somewhat-abandoned mine (there was one person left). She’s a Human by the name of Georgi Armstrong, and she helped us navigate through the mines. She hadn’t been down into the deeper parts, as it’s infested with hostile creatures, but since we had a somewhat large group we decided to explore. We found lots of useful materials, mainly coal, copper, and iron, and we were able to salvage several weapons and a few pickaxes from some of the dead miners.
    We asked Georgi what had happened, and she informed us that a large creature had attacked the mine, killing most of the miners. She had hidden in a large crate and had survived. There were a few other survivors as well, and they had ventured deeper into the mines to look for more. When they never returned, Georgi went back to the surface and set up camp.
    Anyway, we started construction on our sawmill today. It’s almost done, we’ve decided to switch around the living spaces. Since Steelcrank has experience working in sawmills, he’s moving into the sawmill. Pincrimp is moving into the other house that Steelcrank lived in.
    Anyway, I have to go. Bustow Gurrilla signing off.
    Screen Shot 2016-04-04 at 5.32.38 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2016-04-06 at 7.17.52 PM.jpg

Day 5- The Town Square
    It’s been raining non-stop for the past day, so we decided to build a sheltered area between the sawmill and Pincrimp’s house. We put in a few benches, as well as a furnace. It’s a nice little place for everyone to gather, talk, and wait out the storm. We’re calling it the “Town Square” for lack of a better name. Pincrimp drew some plans for a watch tower, just so that we can defend ourselves in case the giant monster that attacked the mines comes for us. We took a vote, and we’re going to build it. We might need to chop down a few more trees, but it shouldn’t be too hard. We're also collecting some rainwater and boiling it, so that's also pretty helpful.
    Anyway, this is Bustow Gurrilla signing off.
    Screen Shot 2016-04-06 at 7.32.35 PM.jpg

Day 6- The Tower
    We built the watch tower in between the farm and the outhouse, which is also looking somewhat like a tower with Oilweld’s apartment on top of it. We also built a gate on the east side of the village, so we have a little protection on that side as well.
    Other than that,today was spent building small things, like furniture and weaponry. We harvested a bunch of our crops today, and Aretoun replanted them. I’m not sure what season it is (I’m guessing it’s spring because of the rain) but should winter come unexpectedly, I think we would be prepared. We came a long way this week. I’m impressed.
    Screen Shot 2016-04-09 at 8.24.08 AM.jpg Screen Shot 2016-04-09 at 8.50.29 AM.jpg Screen Shot 2016-04-10 at 11.08.15 AM.jpg
    Anyway, this is Bustow Gurrilla, signing off.

Screen Shot 2016-04-10 at 11.07.55 AM.jpg

Population- 6
    Jobs- lumberjack, miner, farmer, and chef

food: [-1.4] 26 crops, 11 recipes, 15 water, 6 citizens
    health: [+3] 5 food groups (+1 each), 2 water sources (+2), no medicine (-.5 per person)
    housing: [-1] 2 tents (+.5 each), 4 basic houses (+1 each), 6 citizens (-1 each)
    morale: [+1.5] no clothing (-.5 per person), 1 recreation (+1 per 10), .5 sanitation (+1 per person)
    TOTAL: [2.1]

Tech Level- wood/cloth, copper (and small amounts of iron), coal fuel
    *I'm pretty sure I messed up this part, because the total score seems way too high

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
    Alucard818, Kirumaru, SivCorp and 4 others like this.
  2. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

Nice town :)

I don't know if I understand all the rules correctly, but I'll tell you what I think:

- Food: each citizen requires 10 crops, so you count +1 for every 10. The score is +2 (2.6?) for the crops.
    Each citizen counts as -1, so -6 for the population of 6. That results in -3 (-3.4?).

Also, each citizen needs 2 water. If you are under that you might get a penalty...
    Not sure about recipes. I just realized that I never accounted for them...

So I would change the food score for -3.4. You would have TOTAL: [2.2], which is better than my colony had for most of its existence :up:

Anyway, Sivcorp can tell you better.

Edit: you can increase the water reserve easily with rain collection. So don't worry about that score.

The Squid likes this.
  3. Pedro Falcão

Pedro Falcão Pangalactic Porcupine

A very peculiar style. I really like it!

The Squid likes this.
  4. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Yeah, I thought the food was where I made the mistake. I also miscounted the amount of water I had, because there was some water underneath the guard house that I figured I could use. Thanks for the help! :DD

5. jakecool19

jakecool19 Pangalactic Porcupine

Wow those buildings look amazing, I wish I was that creative.

6. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

I'm not really trying to set the standards in stone or anything, for I want it to be adaptable.

That said, a little tweaking of your numbers could get you a more accurate stat.

Population- 6
    Jobs- lumberjack, miner, farmer,
    -- add chef-- (needed if you are going to make recipes)

food: [-3] 26 crops, 11 recipes, 15 water, 6 citizens.
    -- so you have 2.6 people covered in raw food, with 2 more covered in recipes(11/5=2). That adjusts to 4.6 - 6 = -1.4 from food
    With water, I think one source can supply 5-10 people, depending on type. With a full well, 20 units of water seems good. So your estimate of 15 is fine. 6x2 =12 units of water needed out of 15. You are fine on water.
    +-0 water, -1.4 food

health: [+4] 5 food groups (+1 each), 2 water sources (+2), no medicine (-.5 per person)
    -- unless you have hunting, which it doesn't look like it... You only have 4 food groups. It also looks like just one water source (well) for just standing water doesn't really count, unless you are actively collecting rainwater.
    Health at +2.

housing: [-1] 2 tents (+.5 each), 4 basic houses (+1 each), 6 citizens (-1 each).
    -- looks good.

morale: [+3.6] no clothing (-.5 per person), 1 recreation (+1 per 10), 1 sanitation (+1 per person)
    -- an outhouse doesn't get a full point on sanitation, I think. There is no indoor plumbing, nor septic system to carry the waste away. Perhaps just a +.5 on that.
    Moral at +1.

TOTAL: [8.1]

New total of +1.6 --seems more in line with the others starting numbers :) --

Tech Level- wood/cloth, copper (and small amounts of iron), coal fuel

The Squid likes this.
  7. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

I made most of the changes, except for the amount of water sources because I realized that I do mention them collecting rainwater at one point. Thanks for the help though. I think now that I know how to do this, I'll be better at it in the future. :DD

SivCorp likes this.