Gameplay [The Kingdoms 1.x] RP Story building - all builders welcomed!

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by SivCorp, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Pedro Falcão

Pedro Falcão Pangalactic Porcupine

Hmm. I must praise this new scheme of kingdom evaluation. I won't be able to make much use of it, though, because my village is going to be a military compound, so only space- and resource-efficient building solutions will be used.

2. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

@SivCorp can you define how many animals a rancher can oversee? There will probably be mixed groups, for example: two chickens, a Mooshi and a Fluffalo.

3. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

Oh yeah... ranching. Um... probably 10 max? And the food giving animals should count as a source for food too.

And apologies for being somewhat inactive recently on this... IRL has been tossing me some curve balls to deal with.

TheFloranChef likes this.
  4. LuckyRare

LuckyRare Phantasmal Quasar

(Alice Morass system VII x-199026582, y176569346)
    Sinrae, the Felin
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Humble Beginnings

I landed on a planet not unlike Earth. At least at first glance it seemed to have the same kind of green rolling hills and green trees. Even the sky was blue! Although I couldn't recognize any of the constellations.

And then I was surprised to discover it had not been uninhabited either. Well, at least it means I won't have to feel so alone. Perhaps they might even be friendly. I sure hope my translator didn't break... Oh well, adventure awaits!

[​IMG]
    I discovered a pair of tents next to an open fire. Only one of them seemed to be occupied. I wondered to myself where the owner of the second one might be... Whoever was sleeping inside the first one, however, was snoring rather loudly. I dared not peek inside, I would have to wait until morning. In the meantime, I decided to go explore a bit more of where I was.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    What's this? Some kind of a structure, but without any visible doors or windows. A tunnel of sorts? I'm in luck! Could this be a home to an underground civilization? I wonder... It does look like a tunnel. This might lead to more people and more people means food. However sparingly I might use the canned meals I had, they were going to run out eventually. I needed more supplies and a way to gather fuel if I wanted to ever get off this planet and find out if anyone else survived the...Big Bang 2.0.
    [​IMG]
    Unfortunately my flashlight wasn't quite done charging yet so I had to cut my trip to the surface short and simply wait out until it might get brighter.

The Squid and TheFloranChef like this.
  5. SivCorp

This should be in it's own thread. This thread will be for tying all the kingdoms together, answering questions, that kind of thing.

A good start nonetheless.

6. LuckyRare

LuckyRare Phantasmal Quasar

Is it mentioned anywhere in the initial post that it should be a new thread?
    But none the less, it's more of an introductory post, I'll add a link to the thread once I make it. Going to go to sleep, it's 4 am here already x.X

SivCorp likes this.
  7. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

I suggest avoiding the More Starbound Critters mod for now. It needed corrections for 1.1 and 1.1.1. Although a new version is available on Steam, it seems the mod creator is no longer playing Starbound so there could be more problems in the future.

8. Rhynera

Rhynera Void-Bound Voyager

I have a question about this part of the rules:

Carpenter - 1 carpenter processes 1000 wood [[needs workbench]]
    Miner - 1 miner generates 50 ore [[needs hoe/pickax/drill, mineshaft area, crates]]
    Smelter - 1 smelter generates 40 bars [[needs furnace, waterbarrel, crates]]
    Clothier - 1 seamstress generates 3 garments [[needs plant material/fabric, spinning wheel]]
    Manufacturing - 1 worker generates 5 tools/items/furniture/ect. [[needs workbench, raw materials, workspace]]

For example.. Miner generates 50 ore per day? week? in the entire playthrough? And how does this factor in practically? At what point do you know when you need more of a particular profession?

9. SivCorp

The rate is per game day.

You know you need more when you actually need more... it's story driven, so not too strict on this part. Just make it believable, and it will be fine.

10. RedPanda_Warrior

RedPanda_Warrior Star Wrangler

So, I think I might participate, lemme get this right with the mods:
    Download mods you recommended (for me, that's all except FU!)
    No cheat mods that would effect this
    We are allowed to start with viable weapons, right? Not too OP, just enough to get through with this, because this is based off of building without real cheats
    I can skip mining facility, and at least upgrade mining speed once and optics (because it's stupid before that)
    Ok, I think I'll participate.

endertrot, TheFloranChef and SivCorp like this.
  11. RedPanda_Warrior

RedPanda_Warrior Star Wrangler

Also, do we need to have some sort of central building like a town hall/castle/Capitol/stronghold?

12. SivCorp

Yes,
    Yes,
    Yes,
    And yes

Welcome :)

13. Ralij

Ralij Big Damn Hero

May I hop back in on this? Got burned out on the game before but its sucking me back in with the new update and release. Found this while trying to remember what the ratios were from way back when, lol. I'm glad to see this is still around and going full steam ahead! Cheers.

TheFloranChef and SivCorp like this.
  14. Ralij

Ralij Big Damn Hero

I will take the like as an affirmative. WIll post a link to the thread as soon as I get around to making the thread.

Question/proposition for my run in regards to ranchers: I think chickens would be easier to care for than fluffalo, so would it be fine to run with 20 chickens per rancher and 10 fluffalo or cows per rancher?
    Sanitation: Will septic tanks count towards the sanitation points prior to the establishment of a proper sewer system?

15. SivCorp

I agree. 2 chickens per 1 larger animal works for the count. An outhouse, tank, or other such thing is fine.

And I will also be restarting soon... only this time with a bit of a twist ;)
    I'll be starting on a wasteland world, with the discovery of a downed ship.... Fun stuff, with a twist

Ralij and TheFloranChef like this.
  16. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

I'm gonna start mine in November. I'm too busy to do anything until then :(

17. Ravoik

Ravoik Space Spelunker

When you guys finish all these rps, you guys should maybe meet up on a server and re-create them

The Squid and SivCorp like this.
  18. Ravoik

Ravoik Space Spelunker

I think ima star mine soon, making character now and finding a nice planet

TheFloranChef likes this.
  19. SivCorp

You can have as many people play together on you Kingdom as you wish. You can even play multiple characters within the same kingdom if you wish. :)

As for mods, you can use mods that add items, worlds, vehicles, stuff like that. What shouldn't be used is overtly cheaty mods that give you outrageous money, resources or skips progression. You are developing a story and a kingdom from simple roots... it's not good to shortchange the experience.

At the beginning of the game, you can start at any level below durasteal. That means the 3 starter techs are fine, the ship being fully functional and even upgraded once is fine. I also start with 100 manipulator modules to upgrade the MM off the start... for the dig speed is stupid in this game. It's an unnecessary speed gate on progression.

Spawning items is fine, so long as you have a logical place where they came from. You can trade for items, "make" them by having a believable amount of resources, workers and workbenches, or steal them.

20. Ravoik

Ravoik Space Spelunker

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016