Story The Hylotl Outcast...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by haynesy566, May 25, 2015.

?

Should I continue?

1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    95.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. haynesy566

haynesy566 Heliosphere

Before i get started feel free to suggest anything you want added to the story and as long as it fits in, I'll add it. Also feel free to submit character art or whatever you interpretation of any character it, Thanks guys :rofl:
    Chapter 1
    Kiro awoke with a groan, his tent rocked in the breeze. He'd been on Planet Epsilon Delta IV for three months and still hadn't found any noteworthy items to sell back at the outpost, which seemed to be the only way he could make a life for himself. He thought back to when he was a child, his father had always taken good care of him, even though his mother was dead. Kiro knew he was different, so it didn't bother him when the other children made fun of him, well not on the surface anyway. He'd practice a strange form of martial arts with his father every afternoon. That was before his father was put to death for having a relationship with a Floran. They discovered it because Kiro had harder skin than most Hytol children. Kiro was snapped out of his thoughts by the sound of footsteps and gravelly Floran voices..
    "I thought this was supposed to be a deserted planet...

He collapsed his tent and used his trusty Matter Manipulator to dig a small trench so he could listen to what was being said. The Floran's came closer, "The Glitch won't cook up very nicsssse, we'll have to sssell it to the Slaverssss. However the Avian, what'ssss it'ssss name? Ssssilverclaw? That'll make a nice soup."
    Kiro sighed, "Looks like I've got some work to do after all...""

Chapter 2
    Kiro unsheathed his sword and charged at the pair of Florans. The pair shrieked and grabbed their spears but were too slow, and in one, fluid movement, Kiro finished them both off. He looked to his right, their was a Floran watchtower in the distance. "If I can take out the guard at the top without being seen, then I should be able to make a stealthy getaway." He ran forwards, using the trees and undergrowth as cover, and within two minutes he was crouched at the base of the watchtower. He heard approaching footsteps and frantically searched for a way inside. Finding a small door at the back, he entered the building, but the Floran was still following. The door opened and a spindly Floran walked in. He was jittery and looked nervous, "Hello? K-Kiro?" Kiro shook his head, "Nobody here should know my name, who are you?" The young Floran spun around, "M-my name isss Juan Ashwood." Kiro frowned, Ashwood? That's my mother's family name. "How do you know who I am?" Kiro demanded, he was getting increasingly suspicious of this young Floran. Juan smirked, "We're half-brothersss, but that'sss not important right now. You need to go and free Sssilverclaw and the Glitch, they don't have long left. If you stick with me, I can get you to them, but you'll be on your own from there. Once you get away and lossse any one in pursuit, I'll meet you back at you camp, don't worry, I know where it isss." Kiro snorted, "How do I know I can trust you?" Juan smiled again, "Your jussst going to have a little faith."

"SILVERCLAW! I cant stand being in this primitive cage any longer!" A robotic voice screeched. Silverclaw sighed, sometimes being bodyguard to the 77th heir to the Glitch throne was challenging, sometimes it was boring and at the moment it was completely annoying. "Baron Shaftcatch, I believe you are behaving very appalling considering the current situation, so I suggest you quieten down or else these insolent tribesmen will turn you into nuts and bolts." Silverclaw and Shaftcatch had been stuck in this cage for six hours but the Baron made it sound like they had been here for days.

The Baron was not the most popular Glitch, considered the most peasantly among them due to his lack of RAM and inferior strength. Shaftcatch was only entitled to the throne from the ties he had with his grandfather, Archduke Cobblegear. He was the leader of the only known religion that the Glitch people had ever fully allowed, but was eradicated by a group of atheist Glitchmen who were later executed.

As for Silverclaw, he was an orphan Avian, grew up with only one friend for company, Trinity. She was the love of his life, but Silverclaw also had an amazing combat ability and didn't like the virtuous Avian life. It was this combat ability that ultimately got Trinity killed. From that point on, Silverclaw vowed he would only fight if it was defensive and thus sought out to become the bodyguard of Baron Shaftcatch, 77th heir to the throne and most rejected of all Glitch-kind.

They had been travelling the Gamma quadrant in search of an old Glitch ruin that was said to contain a weapon that had highly destructive capabilities, of course this was just a rumor but the Baron would not deterred from his thirst for more power. The ship's scanner had picked up a high level of Solarium energy, and the Baron insisted they land the ship at the once. Once landed they explored a lard, damp cave and were ambushed by a large group of experienced Floran soldiers, who they later found out, were local militia governed by a maniacal Floran named Bloodthorn the Mad. It didn't take long for them to be overwhelmed by the enemy and were hauled back to a village and were mocked and jeered at. After about the first hour a small boy
    ran forward, he said his name was Juan and he was going to get help...

Kiro crouched behind a stack of clay pots as a bulky Floran shuffled past. Kiro glanced around quickly, seeing no one else around he leaped from his hiding space and slashed the Floran's neck. It went down with a light thud and Kiro dragged the body over to the clay pots and stuffed it inside. "One less monster around." He said under his breath. He continued creeping quietly around the camp, he was surprised with how comfortable everyone was. It was as if the Florans had been here for quite some time and it didn't look like they were leaving anytime soon. Suddenly a loud metallic screech tore through the tranquil air, "Let me out of this pig pen right now you primitive freaks of nature!" Kiro's pale lips curled into a slight smile, that must be Baron Shaftcatch, the old Glitch that Juan told me about.

"Silverclaw I see something." SIlverclaw sighed, "My lord if it is another butterfly, I, with utmost respect and good intentions, don't care." Baron Shaftcatch shook its head, "No, faithful servant, it is a strange fish-man, With a sword!" Sliverclaw's eyes snapped open, "Where my lord?" Shaftcatch pointed to a nearby stack of crates. Shaftcatch opened his mouth to greet the 'fish-man', but Silverclaw clamped a hand over the robot's mouth. "Quiet, you'll alert our captors."

Kiro scanned the surrounding area, not seeing any tribesmen, he ran to the cage and released Silverclaw and the Baron. "Thank you so much, o' traveller, to what name can I give my thanks?" Kiro frowned, "My name is Kiro, but now is no the time for gossip, we must go." Just as he spoke that, a large group of Florans circled them.

Shaftcatch made a grinding, whimpering noise, "My body was not anatomically designed for fighting." Silverclaw snorted and leaped over a Floran fighter, he tossed a weapon to Shaftcatch and grabbed his trusty scythe. Kiro drew his shortsword and snarled ferociously, and with his Floran battle tendencies kicking in, he charged at the warriors, hacking and slicing in a bloodthirsty fury. Shaftcatch let out a high pitch squeal and swung his club weakly, whacking a warrior in the side of the head, and knocked him out cold. "Oooh goody, I got one!" Silverclaw was a blur, using his Avian wing pack, he powerfully leaped from warrior to warrior, cutting them down and staining his feather in color of thick, Floran blood. Kiro's eyes were bloodshot, his body effortlessly cutting down those before him. Suddenly a child's cry tore through the air, Shafcatch, Silverclaw and Kiro all stopped. A bulky, scarred Floran was holding a knife to Juan's throat. "Oh dear god." Shaftcatch said. Kiro growled, and went to charge at the Floran but Silverclaw held him back. "He's baiting you, Kiro. If you move now, the Floran will just kill him. Wait and see what he wants, then we will work out what to do, so that everyone gets out of this alive."

The trio marched into the center of the Floran camp, the leader still had Juan by the throat but said he will not kill him if we do as he says. The Floran explained that they were looking for the same strange power source as Shaftcatch was, and in exchange for the trio's freedom, as well as Juan's, they must help the Florans find the power source. Kiro kept his eyes fixated on the ground, so Silverclaw spoke for them, "We will help you, as long as you can keep your word about and freedom, we will also require some fuel to get us to the nearest friendly planet. If you can manage this, we will help you without any resistance." The Floran leader thought about this for a moment then nodded and threw Juan down to the trio. "Ssstrangerss will meet in Floransss messss hall in ten minutesss."

The mess hall (if you could call it that) was a large structure, both the walls and the floor consisting of large wooden logs not from this planet. The roof was a thick blanket of tightly woven leaves. The trio stood awkwardly among the dozens of Florans, they hissed and screeched at them, Kiro kicked one that was nibbling on his foot. Shaftcatch scratched the rust spots on his backside, "How long is ten minutes for a Floran?" he asked, "It's been at least half an hour." Silverclaw snorted, "Respectfully, Baron, please shut up." Shaftcatch sulkily complied. All the while Juan remained silent and tembling. Once he looked up to Kiro and said "This is part of the plan." Kiro gave him a puzzled look but said nothing, instead focusing his attention on the increasing number of Florans muttering about 'Wooden fish sticks'. Finally the Floran leader made it's way into the mess hall, and addressed them in a serious voice, "Ssstrangersss come with usss to danger mountain." Shaftcatch yelped and a couple of nuts and bolts fell from his pants.

The leader brought only brought along five lackey's but made Juan walk close with it. They eventually reached a huge, fleshy mountain, at the base of it the leader told the group to stop. "Ssstrangersss go in mountain cave, kill monssster and bring Floran back treasssure. Little Floran ssstay with big Floran'ss until ssstrangersss get back." Kiro was about to argue but Silverclaw grabbed his arm, "Let's go friend, we'll be back." Shaftcatch let out a mechanical squeal, "I am not going inside that giant thing. The mountain will eat us all, and I will not be responsible for that mountain getting indigestion." Silverclaw sighed as they ventured into the damp cave.

Kiro's flashlight beam flickered softly, a strange liquid dripped from the roof of the cave. Shaftcacth was shaking with fear, his joints clanking noisily. "Would you stop that, Shafcatch." Kiro snapped, "Creatures could hear you from a mile away." Shaftcatch whimpered but obeyed, "I'm not really cut out for this." he said sulkily. Silverclaw was silent. Then the cave branched off in two separate directions. Kiro held a hand, signalling the other two to stop walking. He pulled out a strange device, "What's that?" Shaftcatch asked? Kiro smirked, "Something they sell on the black market back at the Outpost. Its called a Hypersonic Refractor. It maps out underground systems, detects life forms and anything of value, and it only cost me forty diamonds!" Shaftcatch yelped, "FORTY DIAMONDS? Silverclaw, once we are out of this mess I simply must have one of these things!" SIlverclaw nodded and said dismissively "Aye, my lord." Once the machine finished mapping out the system it let out a soft beep and Kiro gestured for the group to take the left path.

Juan crouched on the squishy ground outside the cave. He made sure none of the other Floran's were looking at him and he pulled out a small, handheld computer and pressed a button that would send a signal to the Novakid mercenary ship that was in orbit of the planet. Once he was sure they had received his message he stuffed the machine back into his pocket and continued to wait, hoping that the group would get out of the cave in time.

After what seemed like hours of trekking through the cave, they reached a large cavern, Kiro's Hypersonic Refractor was beeping intensively. "What's that beeping mean, Kiro?" Silverclaw asked. Kiro turned and faced his two friends, "You better get ready to run." Before they could ask why, a huge slug-like monster shot towards them, it's speed contradicted it's body size. It's head was green, swollen and covered in purple scars. A large, pulsating crystal was embedded into it's forehead. "Silverclaw!" Kiro shouted as they ran, "I have to get that crystal on it's head. It's the power source we've been tracking!" Silverclaw nodded and instructed Shaftcatch to keep running to the exit. Silverclaw attached a cord from his belt to Kiro's. Silverclaw leaped into the air, Kiro following close behind, and they both landed on top of the monster's head. The monster kept charging forwards, chasing after Shaftcatch who was screaming "I want my Mother Board!". Kiro shoved his sword into the skin between the crystal and the beast's head. The monster let out a scream as they dislodged the crystal. As soon as it was removed the creature let out a groan and fell limp to the cave floor. "I guess that must've been keeping it alive." Kiro said with a shrug. Silverclaw grinned as they jumped to the ground. "My good people, we are nearly out of the cave and into the beautiful sunlight!" Shaftcatch yelled.

The trio emerged to an all out battle. A gang of gaseous Novakids were opening fire upon the Florans, who were screeching and running back to camp to get help. "Kiro, you're the fastest of us, make sure none of those Florans get back to camp to alert the others. The Baron and I will help out the Novakids." Kiro nodded and sprinted off into the direction of the retreating Florans. Silverclaw grabbed his weapon and charged at the Floran leader, leaving Shaftcatch standing next to the mouth of the cave, waving his club around crazily.

Sliverclaw found Juan amoung the chaos, he had knocked out a Floran and was repeatedly hitting it with a wrench the Floran had been carrying. "Let us go, Juan. You can come with the Baron and I." Juan shook his head, "Help me find Kiro. I've got to get him to Gamma Epsilon IIV." Silverclaw had no idea what Juan was talking about but agreed to help him, the two went to get Shaftcatch and find Kiro.

Kiro swung his sword at the two Florans, cutting down one with a slice to the neck. However the other stopped and pulled out a strange, blue device. The Floran threw it to the ground and electric tendrils arced out of it. The tendrils latched onto Kiro and he couldn't move. The Floran walked toward Kiro, it reached behind it's head and Kiro thought he'd gone mad. The Floran's face peeled off to reveal a cultist hood. The rest of it's fake skin disintegrated. "My master will be pleased to see we have finally caught the specimen." The creature pressed a button on its wristwatch contraption, Kiro struggled helplessly as he was teleported to the cultist ship.

Juan, Shaftcatch and Silverclaw looked around helplessly. "Where is Kiro?" Juan said, his voice in a state of panic. Sliverclaw patted his shoulder, "We'll find him, but first I'd like to know something. Why don't you sound like other Florans?" Juan took a deep breath. "Well I'm not actually from here. My father, who is also Kiro's father, raised my on an abandoned planet. The Avians were the old inhabitants, so there was plenty of artifacts that I could study. My father taught me to read, write and speak fluently in most languages. Then one day he said he couldn't look after me anymore and brought me here. The Florans welcomed me because my mother was a very honorable woman in the village and everyone was still sad about her passing." Silverclaw nodded, "And what about the Novakids?" Juan laughed, "Oh, they're old friends of my dad's. My dad saved Clint Nova's life. He's their leader. They also taught me to fight and gave me a ton of cool gadgets they looted from pirate ships." Silverclaw smiled, "Ok, I feel I've pestered you enough, now let's go find you're father."

Kiro awoke on a strange ship. It used to be a human ship but now blue tendrils pulsated along it and seemed to consume the ship. "Let me go!" He yelled. Three cultists stared at him curiously. "Subject XVII has awoken. Commence testing in 5... 4... 3.... 2.... 1..." Kiro screamed as metal prongs shot into his arms, filling his blood with a liquid that seared his veins. Kiro's body convulsed repeatedly as the cultists took off their outfit. They were scientists, two Apex males and one Glitch woman. The first Apex spoke in a deep voice, "Subject is responding with the expected results, negatively." Kiro groaned and writhed then blacked out.

Shaftcatch wanted to prove his usefulness to the group. Ever since they got involved in all this mess he felt that he was a hindrance to their survival. Shaftcatch scanned the area that they last saw Kiro, he was determined to find something that would help out the group. He knew he'd have to try hard so that's why, when the injured cultist groaned from beneath his feet, Shaftcatch screamed in surprise. "Guys, look what I found!". Shaftcatch pointed and stared as Silverclaw and Juan ran towards him. "Good job my Lord! Now leave the dirty work to me." Shaftcatch leaped with joy, "They love me! They really love me!" He sniffled and blinked back oil tears. Silverclaw crouched beside the groaning cultist. "Who are you? And where is Kiro?" The cultist spat on the ground but began to talk after Silverclaw twisted it's arm.

Kiro awoke as the scientists pulled a blanket over him. "Subject XVII is deceased, vaccine unsuccessful." One of the scientists said, in a slightly sad voice. Kiro's hand shot up and grabbed him by the throat, "Get me out of here, now!" He said, squeezing tighter on the scientist's throat. The scientist attempted to free himself but Kiro's grip remained strong, the scientist croaked the word "yes" and Kiro released. "Your going to teleport me back down to the world we just came from otherwise you can consider this ship, and all your crew, dead." The scientist shook it's head, "We ordered an orbital strike on that planet in approximately twenty minutes." Kiro hit the scientist, "I need to get to my friends and my brother." Kiro fell forwards suddenly, "What did you do to me?" The scientist shrugged, "Your extremely lucky to even be alive. We injected you with an incurable virus and tested our vaccine on you. You are the first of seventeen subjects to actually survive the procedure. We also detected that you are half Hylotl and half Floran. This may have influenced the results, I have to get the others so we can extract and replicate your blood." Kiro grabbed the scientist's collar, "Not until we get my friends."

Shaftcatch scratched his rust spot, "Silverclaw, if Kiro doesn't hurry up, my joints are going to cease up. I haven't oiled up in days!" Silverclaw sighed once again, "Baron, we have only been on this planet for twenty six hours. That time alone is not enough for you to cease up, sir." Shaftcatch was about to argue back when Jaun suddenly shouted, "There's a ship coming in for landing!" The trio jumped up, watching in awe as a ship that looked like it belonged to cultists, landed a few feet away from them. The access ramp lowered and Kiro came walking down, "Hey guys, you'll never believe what happened to me."

About an hour later, Kiro and the gang were sitting in the dining room of Shaftcatch's ship. It was a grand ship, named "The Leviathan". It had seventeen rooms including; a control room, a med-bay, the dining hall, a training area, a media room. There were so many rooms that Kiro got lost on more than one occasion and stuck to the wooden signs that hung from the stone walls. Despite its huge size, The Leviathan had a cozy and sleepy atmosphere. While the gang were eating dinner, Shaftcatch's S.A.I.L. opened up an incoming transmission. A grainy image appeared on the large screen, the sound was heavily layered with static, Kiro could just make out a few words "....Help..... Neptune four...... under attack........ not much time..... they're here!" The transmission cut out abruptly. Kiro slammed his fists on the oak table, "S.A.I.L. trace the source of that transmission, the rest of us, we're gearing up!" Shaftcatch let out a long moan, "Why? Do we really have to?" Kiro turned and looked at Shaftcatch with an expression that made Shaftcatch shake, "That was my father's voice."

Shaftcatch whistled. “Well I for one, was not expecting that!” Kiro shook his head, “I don’t have time for you comical remarks. S.A.I.L have you found anything?” S.A.I.L. made a beeping noise, “The source of the distress call seems to have come from an Apex colony in the Omega sector. The data file on this planet was encrypted, but I’ve managed to decode it and it appears the planet was a very old city that was abandoned by the Avian people after an event described as The Harrowing. The Apex had since established a research colony on the planet with the hope of discovering the location of The Cradle, a fabled vault that was said to contain a ship made of Impervium. I’ve done some digging into the Apex colony staff files and found that your father was among the scientists sent their five years ago.”

Silverclaw shuddered. “I do not like the idea of confronting the old civilisations of my people. Their ways made me feel small and insignificant, but I am loyal and will follow you anywhere Kiro, you saved my life and the Baron’s life and we are still indebted to you.” Kiro smiled, “Thanks Silverclaw, Juan you are going to stay here, work with S.A.I.L to find out more information on the planet. I’m interested in finding The Cradle because I need a ship so I can get back to the Metropolis and deal with some unfinished business…

Data Entry B401-XY7
    Journal of Professor Carp

Religion was the basis of Avian society. So when a whole city of good people were wiped out, one cannot help but ask why. There were many different theories about how the largest Avian city and the birthplace of the species, fell. Some say a meteorite struck them, some say they were kidnapped by aliens but the most commonly accepted theory is that a terrible plague killed them all. It was known as the bird flu. The virus was lethal and mutated quickly. My colleagues suspect they have found the virus that took out the city. We have taken every precaution to ensure the virus doesn't escape but something about being in such a close proximity to death makes it so I can't sleep at night. I have my suspicions that the Apex are up to more than just finding The Cradle and researching. They've got Floran prisoners of war and are conducting experiments on them. I must go, they're keeping close watch of me. Professor Carp over and out.

Kiro the storage locker in the Leviathan's Armory. His Katana was somewhere around here... He paused, there was a blade he'd never seen before just sitting in his armory locker. Perhaps it was a present from the Baron. He picked it up, it was shaped like a scythe and had a skull that joined the blade to the handle. On the handle the word "Vinehacker" was engraved. Kiro smirked, it was a Hylotl weapon used by the more rough and tumble soldiers. He closed the locker and walked back to the control room where everyone else was geared up and ready to beam down to the planet below. "Alright I'm gonna say this once and once only. You all follow my lead, do what I say when I say it, and Shaftcatch, your going to be staying here with Juan." The Baron looked horrified, "I'm sorry but do I look like a day care robot to you? I'm not supervising this juvenile Floran." Kiro walked up to Shaftcatch and slapped him, "Listen to what I say, your staying here. A ship as big as yours will most likely attract pirate attention and I need to you to keep Juan safe." Shaftcatch whimpered and scratched his rust spot, "Fine I'll do it." He walked off to find Juan. Silverclaw shifted nervously, "Kiro you know I'm supposed to protect the Baron." Kiro nodded, "But I need you with me and we can't afford to be chasing after Shaftcatch the whole time. S.A.I.L beam us down."

Kiro and Siverclaw materialised in hell. The planet was on fire...
    Kiro shouted at Silverclaw, trying to be heard above the sound of unearthly flames. "We need to get to the research center. That's where the distress signal was sent from!" Silverclaw nodded and followed Kiro. The native animals were running around, horribly spooked by the chaos surrounding them. Almost all of them were hostile towards Kiro and Silverclaw except for a small little ball of pink fur with two eyes and a point sized mouth. It leaped onto Kiro's back and he tried unsuccessfully to get it off. He swore it and and it smiled, revealing two rows of razor sharp teeth. It made a high pitched giggling sound and buried itself in Kiro's backpack. Silverclaw was too distracted to notice Kiro's new friend and instead was focusing all his energy on not being turned into fried chicken. "Shaftcatch come in. I need a status report on the Research Center."
    The Baron ran after Juan, begging him to put down the flamethrower he had found in the armory. Shaftcatch shrieked as the communications relay engaged. Silverclaw's face appeared on the screen, surrouned by a raging inferno. "I am taking care of Juan and he is most certainly not trying to kill me with weapons from the armory."
    Silverclaw looked confused, "I wanted to know if the research center is still standing, Kiro and I are about a mile away from it." Shaftcatch madly pushed some buttons on the control panel and projected an image of the Center on Silverclaw's comms device. "Well its still standing but I haven't been able to get a signal on any lifeforms as of yet. I can't use infrared sensors because of the fire. You'll have to just leg it and search the building." Silverclaw nodded and cut off communications, waiting just long enough to see Juan appear with the flamethrower and a mischievous grin covering his face.

"Whats the damage on the center Silverclaw?" Kiro asked.
    Silveclaw sighed, "Nothing much to the structure but the Baron couldn't get a reading on any lifeforms."
    Kiro swore, "Looks like we'll just have to risk it anyway."
    They continued making their way towards the center, the ball of fur popped up from Kiro's backpack and smiled at Silverclaw, who's only response was to recoil in terror, accidentally setting fire to his wing.

Appearance
    The Vinehacker:

[​IMG]
    Base DPS: 40
    Swing Speed: 1.09
    Damage Per Swing: 37
    The Tough Set
    [​IMG]

Consists of the tough headband, tough chest and tough pants.
    Personality and Bio
    Kiro had a troubled upbringing, his mother supposedly died when he was young. His father raised him until the Hylotl authorities took Kiro away for being different. He is half Hylotl, half Floran and Kiro was told his father was killed after Kiro was banished. Kiro has a very serious nature, doesn't take nicely to jokes and has a hard time getting along with Baron Shaftcatch but finds he can relate to Silverclaw.

Source: http://starbounder.org/Main_Page

(Once again, would appreciate suggestions, thanks ;) .)

Last edited: May 31, 2016
    Zebe, Lavranzo, Shador and 2 others like this.
  2. Zaisher

Zaisher Scruffy Nerf-Herder

....a hylotl floran hybrid?.........the perfect bio weapon :)

Relten and haynesy566 like this.
  3. haynesy566

haynesy566 Heliosphere

My thoughts exactly, although I was thinking, he's natural born Hytol-Floran, what if he was to come up against an Apex engineered super-soldier...

4. Zaisher

Zaisher Scruffy Nerf-Herder

eat his head and absorb his essence from it

5. user2345562

user2345562 Guest

I was expecting the florans to go SSSSSSS a lot xD

6. haynesy566

haynesy566 Heliosphere

made them go ssss

7. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

This is a rather nicely developed story so far. I like the elaboration of each characters back story, without deviating to far from the present plot. Very nice!
    I find this Floran/Hylotl hybrid extremely taboo and intriguing. :D

haynesy566 likes this.
  8. haynesy566

haynesy566 Heliosphere

Thanks for the feedback! I haven't updated it in a while (due to modding commitments and such) but I plan to get the story back on track very soon. Stay tuned for more :p

9. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

Oh I surely will! :D

haynesy566 likes this.
  10. haynesy566

haynesy566 Heliosphere

Stay tuned for chapter four, coming in just under 2 days time!

Kaiachi likes this.
  11. haynesy566

haynesy566 Heliosphere

12. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

This is a good story. I'll keep my eyes out for updates. Also, I love the names of the characters. Cobblegear and Bloodthorn sound so cool. :up:

haynesy566 likes this.
  13. haynesy566

haynesy566 Heliosphere

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah my system of updating the story was so I didnt have to keep making heaps of separate posts. I actually thought of Cobblegear for a name (woah cooincident?) but i think Shaftcatch is more fitting due to the fact that he is the regarded as the shame of the Glitchmen so I needed a name that reflected that

The Squid likes this.
  14. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

Ooooohh nice! :D Stealthy and ruthless (in a way.) I sense an epic fight.

haynesy566 likes this.
  15. haynesy566

haynesy566 Heliosphere

Hopefully, combat narration isn't my specialty but I'll do my best!

The Squid and Kaiachi like this.
  16. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

I'm sure it will be excellent!

17. haynesy566

haynesy566 Heliosphere

What's that? CHAPTER 5 :p

Kaiachi likes this.
  18. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

Excellent, very excellent. :D I thought your combat scene was great! But that "Ooooh goody, I got one!" gave me a chuckle. :D

The Squid and haynesy566 like this.
  19. haynesy566

haynesy566 Heliosphere

hahaha thanks for the positive feedback, added a little more to the end of the chapter...

Kaiachi likes this.
  20. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

The addition is good. But I'm always suspicious of florans, they're very cunning and ruthless. Not terrible as traits, but something to watch out for. :rofl: Good think Juan got out of that situation with a clean throat (for now.)

haynesy566 likes this.