Modding Discussion The Green Lance Mod suggestion

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Warget, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

First of all: I didn't knew where to put a mod suggestion, so I wish i posted in the right place.
    Back to the Idea.

The Novakid Space Train
    With teleporter from the outpost and a couple of nice NPCs.
    As most of the writers, I dream to have my characters in game and the idea of making a mod with them teased me pretty long time ago. The problems are: im bad at modding, im bad at drawing sprites and im bad at learning those stuff. I wonder if I can find some help on this subforum... So, please tell me if somebody can teach me stuff or work with me on this mod.

Just a location with NPCs? Lame!
    No, my plan is to make at least 3 shops, and a couple of crafting "tables". I even can write the dialogue stuff (and maybe some coding) if I knew how to make mods.

So what's the problem? Just learn and create!
    As I said, im a really slow learner. And I also have some stuff in real life to do, so Im not sure about how soon the mod will (or even will it?) be created to the alpha stage. So yeah, a lot of help would make it much easier...

What shops will they be?
    1) A bar counter. Here you can cook some suff, or just buy one of the nice drinks. Im more than sure, Nancy Gold will be happy to serve them for you.
    2) The Forge. The red-almost-giant Ol' Crookbrand is a master craftsman, who can sell you some fine weapons and armor for a nice price... Or you can craft them by yourself using his forge, anvil and other tools. Just be careful with the triggers.
    3) The technichian shop. With Gazzoline Spark crafting the wirings, matter manipulator modules, upgrade kits and much more, you will never be low on techy stuff. Also, you can just ask her to craft them from your materials for free!

I like it so far!
    Then I would be happy if you support this mod idea by helping me make it, or at leas calling for someboddy who can do this.
    Likes are valuable, but the help will be priceless!

But I thank you anyway ^_^

Thanks for reading. I will post some pixel art to make this thread more watchable.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  2. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

3. Sir Wilfrey

Sir Wilfrey Spaceman Spiff

I support this, but I've never tried my hand with coding mods. Maybe I'll look into it, Warget!

Warget and Alkanthe like this.
  4. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

Horay! =)
    The main problem - Im not a sprite-drawer.. =(

Sir Wilfrey likes this.
  5. Sir Wilfrey

Neither am I, nor am I a coder. I'm just saying I can see if I can learn, as a thanks for being my friend and all that sappy stuff.

Firepaw Da Cat likes this.
  6. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

Souunds fun and sad at the same time. >_>

7. Sir Wilfrey

Well, I'll see what I can start learning, maybe someday we'll make this a thing, and it'll be awesome.

Firepaw Da Cat likes this.
  8. SleepySquidd

SleepySquidd Tragically Magic Hands

If you ever need a coder don't be afraid to reach out, I'd gladly help! :)

9. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

Maybe If somebody of the Pixel-artists like my stories, we will get some help >_>[DOUBLEPOST=1449027025][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Wow! A wild coder appears!

SleepySquidd and The Squid like this.
  10. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

I approve of this mod. [​IMG]

Alkanthe and Warget like this.
  11. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

Horay to the new member of the crew!

Alkanthe likes this.