1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

The great INEVITABILITY!!!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by BrutorDragon, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrutorDragon

BrutorDragon Tiy's Beard

With the pre-creation of clans, its only a matter of time until interplanatery clan warfare. Thats right Clan Wars.
    Sure we will all claim our own planets, so will our clan. I dont know how this might work. Maybe some rules? Nah.
    I think this though: if a clan attacks or trys to claim another clans planet one of three things might happen...

1) Interplanatery/galactic Clan Warfare

2) The defending clan gives up the planet and moves on from fear of being destroyed

3) The two Clans make an Allience/Corp.

dont get me started on those...

777eza, Eve and Ted Gu like this.
  2. Spike

Spike Supernova

So how does that work? Do we invite opposing clans to our server for battle? Vice Versa? Or do two clans agree to share a server? I don't see the possibility of every clan being in the same server unless We invent skynet.

AliceTheGorgon and 777eza like this.
  3. A Vagrant

A Vagrant Cosmic Narwhal

Sorry, I'm a little slow on the skynet progress. Give me another year or two and I'll have it out.

777eza and Ted Gu like this.
  4. Bine

Bine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I am not entirely sure how this could work sadly. You could setup a handful of servers with certain clans sharing the slots 1/2 each. Like a 12 player server (or 24 or whatever) shared between two clans that are either at war. Could be a good long bloody game with agreed hours of peace.

*Shrug* not sure how to work with this one.

Though this definately could be VERY fun.

Ted Gu likes this.
  5. ThatAmazingPerson

ThatAmazingPerson Existential Complex

Also, clans could have a staring war contest. That'd be tons of fun, right?

Ted Gu likes this.
  6. BrutorDragon

BrutorDragon Tiy's Beard

More or less a treaty(digital of corse) or a post on a calns main planet or website of some sort.

Ted Gu likes this.
  7. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

I think clan wars will be fun! :D

Ted Gu likes this.
  8. BrutorDragon

BrutorDragon Tiy's Beard

Astaring contest so its like:
    o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O:cool: vs o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O???
    And I dont mean "Clan Wars" as an offical thing. Im talking about full scale War every half secound of every day throught the universe!

Ted Gu likes this.
  9. LadyAijou

LadyAijou Phantasmal Quasar

Clan wars are easy to avoid, just don't have another clan on your server. I for one have no interest in such drama, people take that stuff WAY WAY too personally, and far too seriously XP

Ted Gu likes this.
  10. Bine

Bine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think the game behind this was two clans are at war, yes. But as players are on a friendly term. An example of this in other game situations is Modern Warfare. Clan A and Clan B fight to decide whos better. It is often the case of two -friendly- clans doing this.

Ted Gu likes this.
  11. M C

M C Parsec Taste Tester

pve wars.

Ted Gu and Bine like this.
  12. Bine

Bine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

PVE clans? ohhh hoho. Im sure there will be some sort of civilizations you run into like this :p

Ted Gu likes this.
  13. M C

M C Parsec Taste Tester

gimme a like because of the idea -trollface-

Ted Gu likes this.
  14. Bine

Bine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Fine, jerk. Take your like! Hope you choke :mad:

Ted Gu and M C like this.
  15. Eve

Eve Phantasmal Quasar

Nice!! :giggle:

MurkyDragon and Ted Gu like this.
  16. Valkoor Moonblood

Valkoor Moonblood Existential Complex

I think it'd be cool if on the Clan Thread page, they claimed a certain planet by having it's coordinates. It obviously wouldn't happen in the game, but said clan could claim that planet as it's own. Then, clans could battle each other in game for the rights to call those planets there's.

MurkyDragon and Ted Gu like this.
  17. Doctor Ragnarok

Doctor Ragnarok Former Staff

What's wrong with corporations, exactly? Clans have to get their weapons/vehicles/buildings/whatever from somewhere.

Ted Gu likes this.
  18. BrutorDragon

BrutorDragon Tiy's Beard

If you want I can make one. But it may be pointless because of you know, the game not out yet and all :3

Ted Gu likes this.
  19. Valkoor Moonblood

Valkoor Moonblood Existential Complex

Well, I'm part of a clan already. And we don't know exactly how coordinates will work yet. But when the game does come out...

Ted Gu likes this.
  20. BrutorDragon

BrutorDragon Tiy's Beard

I am too (cheak the siggie) but I could make one, but again no point...

Ted Gu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.