1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED The Grass Mod 3.1 Update for SB 1.1.1

Any grass on any block.

1. Moonpony

Moonpony Void-Bound Voyager

For the record, this mod is amazing. Kudos to you. I, too, was tired of staring at naked dirt. NO LONGER. ♥

2. crazygreggy

crazygreggy Phantasmal Quasar

I have to say this mod has truly come into it's own with creating green and lush worlds from the Barren worlds . So glad to be using it.

3. Sparrows

Sparrows Pangalactic Porcupine

Hmmm. Did I install this wrong? I get this error message when trying to launch the game with this mod installed.

[​IMG]

4. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Does this mod work by adding new materials to the game, or by actually modifying the blocks so that it has a grass modifier on it?

5. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

I'm willing to do an update for this. Mostly because the colour difference between the game's obsidian & the one from grassificator is way off. However, I want to know all of the tiles that don't match up before I redo the sprites. If I am going to redo them, I want to get them all in one go.

I can think of dirt and obsidian, maybe magmarock, but nothing else from the top of my head. Are there others?

Can you reproduce this and paste the contents of your starbound.log? I'm pretty sure I'm using the same version as the download, and I've never seen this error.

It adds a lot of new tiles. I made sure to check the mod tile id chart on starbounder to make sure they didn't conflict with anything. I'm reasonably certain it *is* possible to do it the other way, placing grass directly onto tiles, that's what I originally wanted to do. However, it requires some LUA and I have no idea how to go about it. It also would probably be way less convenient than the existing method, not to mention there'd be no way to recolour the grasses (you can recolour the tiles with dyemod). Adding tiles also has the advantage of being able to exclude certain tiles for certain grasses. I'm pretty sure using a LUA method, one could place grass on any block, so you'd end up with silly things like grass on metal and other things.

6. zanapo

zanapo Big Damn Hero

I updated the mod to work with the new update. All you had to do was add the line "category": "materials", to each .materials folder

7. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Thanks for the info, I'll try to get an update out today.

8. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

9. ascobol

ascobol Void-Bound Voyager

Nice mod, but unfortunately I get "Download is currently unavailable" for the latest version.

10. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Works for me, not much I can do about it. :/

11. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

So I was thinking, for large scale construction, gathering lots of grass seeds can be a pain. If you take every grass seed/sample you can from a planet, it *will* go a long way, but eventually you'll have to go to another planet and get more.

As a solution to this, it'd be neat to be able to grow grass "plants" which you can let grow to seed and then harvest for a surplus of seeds. For samples, it would be similar, only you'd grow the samples in an incubator. These would function much like the "perennial crops" mod, you'd be able to harvest as many times as you'd like without replanting.

There are also a number of grasses which you can't get seeds/samples for. Thick Grass is one of them, I believe someone would be unable to get Heck Grass either. I'm thinking of adding plant versions (that I mentioned) as buyable from Terramart. These would only be for Grass types which are unobtainable, you'd still have to work to get your other grasses!

idk when I'll get around to this, my main concern right now though is making magmarock and obsidian sprites consistent with Upbeat Giraffe.

CrimsonGiraffe likes this.
  12. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Markelius updated Grassification Station with a new update entry:

2.0 Grass Lab! Renewable Seeds and Samples

Read the rest of this update entry...

13. Roka

Roka Scruffy Nerf-Herder

this may be a dumb question, but is there also a way to add snow cover to blocks?

14. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Yes, you can cover cobblestone, ice, and snow blocks with snow in the grassificator.

15. Roka

Roka Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sweet <3

16. lizabell

lizabell Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love your mod and so happy with this mod.
    but i have a question. i didnt find sand block covered with grass which i can find in ocean planets surface, is there any plan to add grass on sand or just i missed the block?
    sorry for my poor bad English, cause Im japanese. :X

17. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Didn't know about this, I made 90% of the tiles during Enraged Koala before Ocean Planets were a thing, so I never thought to add grass to sand. You can add some grass to dry sand but not to sand. I hadn't thought it plausable at that point.

I may add it in a future update. There's still hive grass, roots, and undergrowth that I haven't added yet.

18. lizabell

lizabell Scruffy Nerf-Herder

thx for quick responce!

19. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Markelius updated Grassification Station with a new update entry:

Simple rotation update

Read the rest of this update entry...

20. Thurlor

Thurlor Aquatic Astronaut

I'm enjoying the mod so far.

Just one little complaint - the constant bell chimes that come from the grassifier. Is there any way to disable the chime?