1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED The Game Hunter: Mounted Monsters v1.52 (p1.2)

Use the Game Rifles to bag place-able stuffed versions of your foes.

1. Wellbott

Wellbott Existential Complex

Wellbott submitted a new mod:

The Game Hunter: Mounted Monsters - Use the Game Rifles to bag place-able stuffed versions of your foes.

Read more about this mod...

DarthTrethon likes this.
  2. laz2727

laz2727 Phantasmal Quasar

That mod is awesome.
    [​IMG]

Turrets target it, though, and my 2k dmg turret seems to even damage it sometimes.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
    TrueEdge likes this.
  3. Wellbott

Interesting, the stuffed monsters are on the player's team... I thought that would make turrets and captive monsters ignore them. Better look at how those things choose aggro. Though on the plus side, the stuffed monsters still can't be killed by taking damage.

DarthTrethon likes this.
  4. laz2727

laz2727 Phantasmal Quasar

Code:
      --Gets all valid npc targets + all monsters
      local npcIds = world.entityQuery(getBasePosition(), self.targetRange, { includedTypes = {"npc"} })
      local monsterIds = world.entityQuery(getBasePosition(), self.targetRange, { includedTypes = {"monster"} })

Basically, it targets anything that is not a player.

5. Wellbott

A surprising oversight! Nothing to be done here then. But having a room full of turrets blasting at a boss forever is kinda cool in its own way.

6. Wellbott

Wellbott updated The Game Hunter: Mounted Monsters with a new update entry:

Wired animations

Read the rest of this update entry...

DarthTrethon likes this.
  7. Campaigner

Campaigner Giant Laser Beams

Found a bug. If the Apex Brain Mutant (wheelchair monkey) is interacted with enough, its body disappears and arm just floats there, which corrupts whatever location it is placed in. You can't access the planet/ship that it's placed on if you get the floating arm.

8. Wellbott

Oh shit, that's a bad one.

9. Wellbott

DarthTrethon likes this.
  10. Campaigner

Campaigner Giant Laser Beams

Yep, problem solved, thanks for the fast update. Now my museum of ugly things is complete without bugs!

11. New2Starbound

New2Starbound Subatomic Cosmonaut

Excellent Mod! I'm currently working on a personal mod that allows players to sell certain things (crops, seeds, liquids, Bugs in jars etc.). As it turns out, you can also sell filled capture pods for 25 pixels each ( prices subject to change). Unfortunately I can only capture "SmallBipeds" and "SmallQuadrupeds". But that's where your mod comes along! Now I am able to "Capture" all the other creatures and sell them as well. However they all fall under one category, So no matter what type of creature it is, it sells for a fixed price. I would like to be able to differentiate the type of monster for a different price, but I understand you are busy, and the last thing I wanna do is demand for features in a mod ahaha.

Essentially I have two questions:

1) Do you have any plans in the future to diversify the trophies based on the type of creature killed? As in would you have a separate trophy category for "LargeBipeds" and a separate trophy category for "SmallBipeds"?

2) Do you have any idea how to set it so I can use a capture pod and capture the other creatures that arent "SmallBiped" and "SmallQuadruped"?

Thanks for taking the time to read! :up:

12. Wellbott

No plans, breaking the object itself up into categories wouldn't give me any use. Just more ways to go wrong.

The way monsters interact with capture pods is baked into their ai scripts. A monster must be using both "groundMonster.lua" and "capturepod.lua". There's several monster that use the former, but only two - smallbiped and smallquadruped - that use the latter. You could make any groundMonster.lua monsters fully capturable by patching "capturepod.lua" into their "scripts" entry I think: species like largebiped, minibossbiped, serpentdroid and poptop. You'd have to look at the monster files and try it out.

DarthTrethon likes this.
  13. New2Starbound

New2Starbound Subatomic Cosmonaut

Okay cool thanks for the tip on the capture pods, I'll poke around and see what I can do.

14. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

Another bloody brilliant mod......well done. I have to say that at the moment you're one of the most creative modders around......can't wait to see what other tricks you've got up your sleeves.

Alkanthe likes this.
  15. Hibob42

Hibob42 Subatomic Cosmonaut

So here's something fun, I you kill the penguin mech or dreadwing, you actually will get a stuffed version of them. Stuffed bosses=Epic fireplace decoration. If only they fit.

16. SleepySquidd

SleepySquidd Tragically Magic Hands

@Wellbott I've added your mod to the featured list, congrats!

DarthTrethon likes this.
  17. Hibob42

Hibob42 Subatomic Cosmonaut

This mod has definitely earned it.

18. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  19. Wellbott

!!!

SleepySquidd likes this.
  20. ELYmod DLR

ELYmod DLR Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not sure if it's happening to anyone else, but I get a second empty base plate if I uproot the trophy.