1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

The "First" Playable Race?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Spike, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayne Cobb

Jayne Cobb Big Damn Hero

2. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

3. Spike

Spike Supernova

Thanks! And please, feel free to comment on the "First playable race" thing, if you happen to know the answer or are willing to give it. Is is just a typo? Or perhaps the humans are still not suitable for release in to the wild just yet?

4. OmnipotentEntity

I think speculation is fun though. :)

You've already seen the "human" race, this just meant the first, non-looks-like-us race that is suitable for public consumption. AFAIK, you'll be able to play a "human." (It just makes logical sense from a storytelling standpoint. You want a character who you can relate with to be a protagonist.)

blind sniper likes this.
  5. Spike

Spike Supernova

And with that, the mystery is solved, and the case... closed. Though I have to say, I might be an oddball in this, but I'd rather prefer to play a rather "less human" race; something that is not myself, since I play games in a feeble attempt to remove myself from real life and all. So yeah; keep up the good work, and I'll be sure to save you some punch!

6. OmnipotentEntity

( •_•)
    It looks like he
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    gave the punch a little
    (⌐■_■)
    Spike.

blind sniper and Lazor Llama like this.
  7. friendswhogetexcited

friendswhogetexcited Industrial Terraformer

YYYEAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Also I'm sure StarBound will let you play as a human. It would be weird if they didn't.

8. Jayne Cobb

Jayne Cobb Big Damn Hero

So many people makin me sad :(

9. Spike

Spike Supernova

3437858+_1db58c24d4d959d92e1c3997305dd59c.png

10. LazerEagle1

LazerEagle1 Master Astronaut

No, humans and apes are already confirmed, however, by first they mean the first they feature, which means ther'll be a lot more than 3!

11. Lord Twinkle

Lord Twinkle Space Spelunker

I assumed they meant the first of the playable races that we would be talking about.

I mean, we already knew humans and "apes" would be playable right?

12. Gadgetguy

Gadgetguy Bag of Holding

Maybe the human look is just some holo disguise to get all the other bipedal races to like you more (not sure why they would like humans more)
    And you can look like an ape in a space suit to intimidate people.

13. apemask.JPG
    Welcome to tomorroooowww!!!!

acrios90 likes this.
  14. acrios90

acrios90 Void-Bound Voyager

Meh, It really wouldn't matter to me. Its not like I play video games to be who I am. I wanna jump into someone elses shoes (The Game character) and be someone else for awhile, be it human, bird, alien, or robot. I don't think it matters.

15. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

Maybe it's a MOnkey race... instead of apes.

blind sniper likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.