1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

The First Hour

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Space Core, Mar 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Space Core

Space Core Pangalactic Porcupine

Here I would like to talk about what you people want from the initial phase of the game, largely your first planet touchdown and the space station as you find it, Personally i would like for the space station's visual and audio to reflect a mood of a time long since past and a desolate present, for it to seem abandoned and locked in time, perhaps as you walk through theses abandoned corridors long settled dust is brushed into the air, some of the ships no longer have working artificial gravity, and as you walk through a ravaged corridor you brush of aged debris to float endlessly through the void, that would be the perfect start for the game, and would really make you feel like you've truly accomplished something when you go back and see it again, perhaps having similar elements in other abandoned stations and ships in the game would remind you just how far you have come.

Covert0ddity likes this.
  2. Яetrospekt

Яetrospekt Pangalactic Porcupine

Interesting. Messa like :up:

Vulpes Inculta likes this.
  3. 777eza

777eza Existential Complex

It would be cool it the station reactivate like GLaDOS when she comes back online in portal 2 so as you walk the lights are turned on station and cleans up activating cleaning robots or something to fit Starbound

4. Space Core

that would be pretty sweet if you cam into a power room and pulled a lever and the lights came on and the machines started to come to life, to a section of the facility. but not the whole thin at once.

5. Symbiote-Mullet

Symbiote-Mullet Space Spelunker

Did anyone here ever play Super Metroid (SNES)?
    This thread has reminded me of the "Wrecked Ship" area. It starts off silent and deactivated... Effectively dead. Because there's Something Down There... Chewing on the power cables for lunch.
    And when it is dealt with, the ship reactivates, becoming more dangerous!
    I haven't seen too much said about the Space Station yet, so it will be interesting to see what happens. Although throwing in a boss fight straight away might be fun-draining, so let's go with the awesome spectacle mentioned above.

Space Core likes this.
  6. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

The first hour I'm gonna be watching these forums and laughing as people go OMGGG!!!!11!1 over and over and over again.

7. Mikey

Mikey Subatomic Cosmonaut

You will have to wait at least a day to hear any reply's lol

8. pramones9

pramones9 Space Spelunker

Same probably.

9. Space Core

Yeah I love super metroid, and was thinking of metroid prime largely when i wrote this, mostly the initial ship level and the ice area.

10. spacekurd

spacekurd Over 9000!!!

I would need an hour to survive the impact after several times.

Space Core likes this.
  11. DarkDXZ

DarkDXZ Phantasmal Quasar

I would examine every single pixel possible.
    Make LOTS of pictures (like you do cr!pload of photos when you're on holiday) and send them for the Internet(s) to see!

Also, check the storage area for any possible items I could get in there.
    THEN....Yea.

12. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

I would... I would... probably cry. Of happiness. And than destroy every planet that's different than mine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.