1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

"The Enemy That Made You Flee Your Homeworld"

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by TheDeviant, Mar 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDeviant

TheDeviant Sandwich Man

From the FAQ: Who do you think this 'enemy' will be? Obviously, they'll be the main villain of the storyline. I'm thinking the Spore 1 villains (can't remember their names) as in they're hated by all species in the galaxy and are steampunk-y. Wazzabawchu?

Epicface likes this.
  2. Epicface

Epicface Heliosphere

3. Epicface

Epicface Heliosphere

Except they will be more masculine, (Buff and epic) right now they look like technologically advanced bunny rabbits, great monster suggestion. I shoulda done that! o_O

4. Jaber

Jaber Pangalactic Porcupine

Well, let's see what a random picture on my hard drive says it is...

[​IMG]
    Yeah, let's go with... whatever this is.
    I know I'd run if I saw one.

5. Dynafols

Dynafols Black Hole Surfer

Maybe the planet itself is consumed from the inside out by a giant dark void, and then towards the end you enter it, and face the big bady.

6. LemonRobot

LemonRobot Phantasmal Quasar

For a second I thought that said "big baby"

The baby.. swallowing planets whole and it still wears diapers.

7. TheDeviant

TheDeviant Sandwich Man

Epicface likes this.
  8. bioemerl

bioemerl Subatomic Cosmonaut

you're going to have to ask the vasari. (I said your... let me go get my pistol for you.)

9. TheDeviant

TheDeviant Sandwich Man

Yeah, Spore was probably the best game I've ever played.
    And if Starbound adds in Spore AI, then it would be far and away better.

Epicface likes this.
  10. Jaber

Jaber Pangalactic Porcupine

Spore could have been such a great game were it done by literally anyone other than EA.
    Well, EA or Ubisoft, I guess. Ugh. All that potential, wasted.

11. Milk5hake

Milk5hake Scruffy Nerf-Herder

SINS reference?

bioemerl likes this.
  12. bioemerl

bioemerl Subatomic Cosmonaut

I figured a like was enough of a reply, but just in case....

yes. It is a sins refrence.

Krautzy and Milk5hake like this.
  13. Hydrae

Hydrae Cosmic Narwhal

Who else but the EVIL Dr. Porkchop?
    [​IMG]

..is the only ship that could do such damage.
    [​IMG]

14. Kelp

Kelp Big Damn Hero

The Reapers! (Mass Effect). Joke aside, I do wonder if we will ever find the mysterious enemy that invaded us. It could just be some random civilisation from another planet, maybe even adventurers like ourselves? I mean, we will be pretty invasive. Jumping from world to world, killing everything...

15. Techgamer

Techgamer Big Damn Hero

You mean you don't know what sound pie makes.

16. 777eza

777eza Existential Complex

Only thing that would make me leave my planet is seeing a death star in orbit or if it was covered in boomers from l4d

17. TheDeviant

TheDeviant Sandwich Man

Could also be the Skatera, from my contest entry. :3

18. pramones9

pramones9 Space Spelunker

Hmmmmm...If I were to be asked I would make it... The Clan of Zenro. (Totally made up name)

(story)The Clan of Zenro is a devilish and utterly heartless band of mercenaries. Their main goal is to conquer planets and recruit more into their evil clan. Armed with smuggled and stolen weaponry, they are equipped with deadly photon and plasma guns, Advanced War Vehicles and even the occasional Redmatter. Their Leader, Tenro, is the Grandson of Zenro the clan's founder. The leadership has been passed on to him from Keiro, his father, when he passed. This Clan has a whole platoon of soldiers, assassins, spies and scientists to conjure up plans to take over more and more planets. Some civilizations flee, some forced into hiding, and some, Destroyed into non-existence. Your planet is the latest they have attacked. And it is up to you to get it back.(/story)

;)

19. Ashen

Ashen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I actually am starting to believe it was the penguins that did it. Probably working with the dolphins. And to think I used to adore those little waddlers.

20. LadyAijou

LadyAijou Phantasmal Quasar

It will be very interesting to find out who the main antagonist is. I know that it won't be "from Spore", or any other source, because the content of Starbound will be unique. The team is putting way too much effort into this game to have to "recycle" enemies from elsewhere. Whoever or whatever they are, they're gonna be tough to take down, and I look forward to the challenge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.