1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback The elevator platforms

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Valkyrie_pl, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Valkyrie_pl

Valkyrie_pl Big Damn Hero

I just launched the game after a long break just to double check that this was indeed still a thing.

Is anyone else annoyed how you can "pick up" elevator platforms by activating them? You know, like buttons. That often are rather close to said platforms, because elevators tend to use buttons. And then you pick up the goddamn platform by accident, and possibly fall down the elevator shaft. It's seriously the most infuriating mechanic in this game.

Is there some mod that fixes this crap and makes platforms only removable via "mining" them (or, naturally, when they fall off the rails and to the floor)? Or some other way to fix it that I am not aware of?

Please, send help.

P.S.
    Devs, if you are reading this and there is no fix, then oh gosh WHY did you code it that way? Pleeeease make them only mineable.

2. xaliber

xaliber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Roselle and Sylxeria like this.
  3. Valkyrie_pl

Valkyrie_pl Big Damn Hero

Oh good heavens something like this exists. Thank you.

And I hope it will be fixed, or the tram will get sucked into the inventory at the slightest misclick.