The Draconians

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by DracusNarcrym, Sep 27, 2015.

1. DracusNarcrym

DracusNarcrym Void-Bound Voyager

[​IMG]
    The Draconians (officially the Order of the Draconians) originate from a limited group of vigilante warriors who once pledged a humble but unbreakable oath to all that is Good and Pure, to defend Peace, Freedom and Justice throughout all beings in the cosmos, in which they dwell and co-exist. In fact, their will to stand, fight and strive for these ideals is derived from this very realization: That life in itself is a gift that graced the cosmos, and in itself, it is good and pure.

Through a multitude of eons and the birth of ever more eras, this oath of the Draconians has been passed down to the members that now comprise one of the most formidable Armadas in reality: They are the Peacekeepers, the Defenders of Justice, the Freedom Fighters, serving their Cause for Peace and Freedom, in times when unspeakable moral crises, atrocious crimes and wars scourge and agonize the Free Peoples of the Cosmos.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Below are the ranks (referred to as the Axioms) of the Order of the Draconians, in hierarchical order:

• Supreme General
    • Higher General
    • General
    • Higher Colonel
    • Colonel
    • Commander
    • Captain
    • Sergeant
    • Corporal
    • Private
    • Recruit
    Additional honorary Axioms are attributed to the Draconians with the most substantial contributions to the Cause for Peace and Freedom, or who have done great heroic deeds in the name of the ideals of Peace, Freedom and Justice:
    • Thanatic Envoy
    • Dark Operative
    • Peace Walker
    more info to be added soon

It is kindly requested by the author (Dracus Narcrym) of the text in this Original Post that the original concept behind this clan is not copied without permission from the said author.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  2. Dragcun

Dragcun Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well...I'm intrigued.....

DracusNarcrym likes this.
  3. Dunto

Dunto Guest

Claiming copyright or credit for someone else's idea is illegal (not to mention against the Forum Rules / Terms of Service). If you want to try to claim copyright on something, you should make sure it's original first (not to mention reading the ToS of the site you're posting on).

Just some friendly advice (I'm not a lawyer and you should get one if you're serious about trying to copyright anything).

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2015
    DracusNarcrym and Jonesy like this.
  4. DracusNarcrym

This is kind of a borderline case where ranks are involved. I will remove them from my copyright claim, although I must note that ranks are not copyrighted material as far as I know, rather a concept that cannot be copyrighted due to being legacy of the public domain.
    Anyway, the copyright claim was aimed at the background/concept (backstory, lore), because I have witnessed great plagiarism in other games I have been making clans in, and to be honest it wasn't that easy to get the other clans to remove the copyrighted content, reporting them or not.

Dunto likes this.
  5. Dunto

Dunto Guest

Copyright violation, proper attribution, etc is taken pretty seriously on these forums. Just ask any modder, author, or artist. If you find someone else is using your original assets without permission, you can message them and ask that they stop using them. If that fails, you can report it to a moderator who will then evaluate the situation and take appropriate action. Usually a message is sufficient around here, incidents of people copying each other's assets (art or code or other works) is rarely done maliciously on these forums so a PM tends to take care of the situation (whether you ask for attribution or removal is up to you, plenty of cases have worked out fine for both parties either way).

It's pretty hard to prove originality for most ideas (seeing as how a lot of ideas related to space/exploration/games/etc have been rehashed so many times that almost anything can be linked in some way to an existing idea), but if someone is ripping off your logos/concept art/etc, then usually it's fairly obvious and not difficult to prove. I suggest that if you have an issue with someone, you message them politely first and if that fails, just get a moderator involved and we'll take it from there.

Anyways, I wish you luck with your clan! Please let a moderator know if you need anything. :)

DracusNarcrym likes this.
  6. DracusNarcrym

Thank you very much for your concern and your wishes.
    Rest assured I will do my best for the content in this thread, as with any other, to remain compliant with the Terms of Service of this forum and its affiliates.

EDIT: Removed the toxic copyright claim and replaced it with a kind notice.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
    Dunto likes this.
  7. RazeMaster

RazeMaster Aquatic Astronaut

Where do the clans exist and how do they work?

8. DracusNarcrym