1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

The "Does Anyone Else Do This?" Thread

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Iaeyan Elyuex, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Not my main character... I don't like... "see"-food. Prefer something with a bit more meat on it, and possibly won't cause indigestion. I do plan to make a character on normal eventually, but my first character I chose casual, because I want to focus on building. Of course when I do make a normal mode character I will probably use the mod to take item drop away from it, as I am not fond of that. Being a packrat or person to collection and hoard what I find like a dragon's den.:nurutease:

Cell Materia likes this.
  2. Mr.PotatoFudge

Mr.PotatoFudge Phantasmal Quasar

does anyone else have like 500 chests filled with furniture objects that never get used?

Mooncalf99 and Tamorr like this.
  3. Cell Materia

Cell Materia Cosmic Narwhal

fair enough. they should make a separate mode for those food lovers and stuff where you get hungry but don't drop items upon death. my friends kept telling me to GIT GUD but i really hate that mechanic >_<

krylo and Tamorr like this.
  4. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

Me. I don't usually sell any furniture I get. I have a storage room at my base that all furniture goes into. I actually have a chest filled with chests.

5. Qndrez

Qndrez Pangalactic Porcupine

Does anyone else accidentally hit the Q button and throw away their main weapon?
    I did this three or four times and completely lost my Asuterosaberu DX before finally unbinding the stinkin' key :p

6. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Here's an odd one:

For some reason, anytime I go through an apex town, I simply cannot resist activating every stinking record player in the place (and boy are they everywhere in those villages), even if it's the middle of the night so the whole place sounds like some kind of jungle lol.

Cell Materia likes this.
  7. Dodging Rain

Dodging Rain Phantasmal Quasar

I did that once with my rocket spear in the asteroid biome while I was navigating. I was able to get it back fortunately because I was above it.

Does anyone else dismantle an entire dungeon for blocks? I did this years ago in Terraria just had the hard mode bosses (Twins, Destroyers, S.Prime) and I just did it now with an abandoned Apex research facility.

krylo, Terashi and Tamorr like this.
  8. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

@Dodging Rain That is something I do on occasion when I know I am not building on that world, and want the blocks... Even have flag markers for places I want to deconstruct for... parts. One of the Hylotl Mansions I have found has such a flag, or at least a flag on the planet it is on. I've found that structure in my sector of the universe a few times, and only 2 I actually want to remodel. That is though only one of a few structures I have marked for that purpose, but some I just got a few tid bits and have not gotten back to, since getting a stack at a time is enough for a while of each block. At least for the moment.

@Mr.PotatoFudge Can't say I have 500 chests storing furniture... but I do have roughly that amount of chests; most are stored for later use. I hoard a lot of materials, even furniture, weapons, and other equipment. Also saplings and farmables... Every thing I can put into a chest, I will. If I could fit a fluffalo in one I might not be the first, but I would. :nurutease:

Does anyone fix what they take from structures?
    Example of something I have done in Koala version; was when I was taking down a building from one of the avian market villages, then went back to build a park where the building once stood. Or a time when I took down the hostile guards in a glitch castle leaving the lower class, and tore down the king's chamber to mend the roof where the way up there would be into a hall, as if the royal chamber didn't exist...

9. Iaeyan Elyuex

Miniknog bases. I mark them when I find them and go back later to tear them down. They are full of Wall Panels, which are a major component of my colony. I figure, destroy something being used for evil and turn it into something good. That, and I'm too lazy to go mining for tungsten. I do need more fossils, though. Think I'll go mining on a forest or desert planet.

I turned off the shield generator in a Hylotl city so I could learn the crafting recipes for some of the blocks in it. I took out one of each block while no one was looking, letting water in. I quickly put the blocks back after taking them. The water eventually made its way down to the drains. I do have a ruined Hylotl castle marked, and I plan to fix it up later. By the way: Did you know that platinum blocks can still be found in Hylotl cities? You learn the crafting recipe from them, but you obviously can't craft them anymore because platinum was removed.

Does anyone have an entire barren planet covered with bladetrees? I flag every planet I land on, barring meteor planets, so I need a lot of fabric. I built a flat dirt layer across the sky of a barren planet and planted bladetrees across it. In case you're wondering, bladetrees are the trees from giant flower biomes that drop only plant fiber and saplings. I am the Grand Pooh-Bah of plant fiber on my server. Need plant fiber? Ask Iaeyan, he's got a planet covered with it! I am known to build giant farms on every blockbox game I play. If it's worth doing, it's worth over-overdoing.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  10. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

@Iaeyan Elyuex Platinum blocks... Didn't tear down any in the ones I found. Only found 3, then again these are from 0.9 version; at least 2 of them, while the last is from sometime after 1.0. Yes one of the pre-release versions that were transferable to 1.0, since they were basically tester builds for 1.0 before release. Anyway haven't seen those in the ones I found, although didn't really check the third one really well; as I just cleared that one out for later use. Also have not completely torn down the one I am doing that with yet, since I have yet to expand upon my other two the structure. Interesting note though, I'll have to keep a look out for them. there are a few like that, but the opposite way around, where they can not be found, but the recipe still exists.

Don't know about covering a barren planet with those vine trees... Which is what I call them. I don't mess with barren planets, since I am not fond of the flat areas for building. Farming isn't such a bad idea. I really aught to make my farms, and one being that vine tree mentioned. I have plenty of saplings at least. So I could see myself making a farm of them, but not really on a barren planet though... So i would half do it I guess. :nurutease:

11. Iaeyan Elyuex

ME! Definitely me! I especially liked it before 1.1 where you could spam the record players and make such a terrible racket! Every single one. I was out of the building by the time the high-pitched screechy thing started.

Xylia likes this.
  12. CaptainTaz

CaptainTaz Void-Bound Voyager

You, my friend, have described me playing most games in a nutshell... anything I can pick up and put in a chest, I goddamn will... It gets to the point where I even hoard junk items, dirt, redundant weapons/weapons I'll never use, and ugly vanity items I come across... It's also painful to have to leave things behind xD

Tamorr likes this.
  13. Littleman9Mew2

Littleman9Mew2 Zero Gravity Genie

Had that item you made inside a mod and accidentally dropped it on a server and it turned into a P.G.I.?

Sylva:
    Doess floran go out and try to buy ssstuff just to have friend go and kill merchant? Making town want to ssstab friend and Floran?

14. Omegagreen

Omegagreen Starship Captain

Does anyone else trash the Protectorate Broadsword before beginning the game?
    Does anyone else travel the starting world for anything, ANYTHING that can avoid any encounters with Esther Bright, the first of the story-centric characters?
    Does anyone else make characters who actively complain in the first mission forced upon you by Esther (in singleplayer) after giving up all hope of avoiding it?
    Does anyone else actually try to avoid stealing furniture, breaking any gnome houses and ransacking temples?
    Does anyone else realise that avoiding ransacking villages and temples actually requires you to accept a second mission from Esther in order to use the Pixel Printer?
    Has anyone else avoided even going on the hunt for the Floran clues for every character they've created?
    Does anyone else frantically press every button on their screen during Esther's cutscene before figuring out that it's a good time to go AFK and get a sandwich?
    Does anyone else wonder how the Protectorate had even the slightest bit of influence (my bet is on bribing the other races with pixels and weapons)
    If so, does anyone else wonder why they're still playing the game?
    Has anyone else actually made a character named Strawman McHero or something along those lines?
    Is anyone else torn between this having good construction mechanics, but a bad, all-consuming story?

Terashi likes this.
  15. Terashi

Terashi Pangalactic Porcupine

@Omegagreen I agree with you on most of this. Story should have started race-centric based on the race you choose to play as and eventually converged into one giant story. I'm still waiting for the 'complete all quests instantly' mod to update to 1.1.1. Having everyone automatically be from Earth is retarded as hell.

Does anyone else hate the 1.0 hotbar?
    Does anyone else tried to play on Survival but got fed up with losing your items in caves?
    Does anyone else hate the fact that you have to play minigames to unlock techs? (Judging by the Dash tech as I still have yet to beat that obstacle course.)

16. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Does anyone else try to squeeze trees as close together to make a thick forest area? even if they are all different trees?

Anyone try to make a colony full of protectors?(at least, as full as possible)?

Terashi likes this.
  17. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

18. Terashi

19. Terashi

I used to do that as a wood farm thing, but not for the sake of creating a new biome, no.

20. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

I... just went through it. I mean, first run ever took me a little bit to get the hang of it, but honestly wasn't that hard.

Ill see if I can get a video...