1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

The "Does Anyone Else Do This?" Thread

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Iaeyan Elyuex, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

I'm attempting to make a big thread for people to ask if anyone else has the same behaviors as they do in Starbound. So go ahead and ask your question! If anyone else does it, they "like" your post, and maybe even reply. I'll start.

Does anyone else hang onto the blocks they get off of Earth at the start? Like, maybe, to put them on display later? I mean, that's all you have left of it!

2. Animaster78900

Animaster78900 Cosmic Narwhal

I think I do have that dirt somewhere.

Has anyone else tried making a critter/creature and fish zoo on their ship or a planet?

3. LittleWasp

LittleWasp Big Damn Hero

Does anyone else design colonies with a 'story' behind them? I made my colony thematically resemble a crashed, ruined space-craft with a small shanty town outside. The tenants seem to like their rusty, stinky beds: It adds to the feel of it!

I also sell the gifts they give to me right back to them. I don't need coffee beans, you scum!

Mariel141 likes this.
  4. Mythril-Jelly

Mythril-Jelly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Made an aquarium, a village test with Reasonables that open their fence gate doors and go in their houses, and was working on a monster zoo for every unique capturable monster but that seems to have broken my world. Eh.

Anyone else box NPC's in dirt cages and steal their stuff? It's like basket heads in Skyrim, cheesy vision obstruction thievery and I love it.

Cell Materia likes this.
  5. Cell Materia

Cell Materia Cosmic Narwhal

does anyone else get hungry looking at the food in this game? goddamn i've never thought pixels could look so delicious...

Mariel141 likes this.
  6. King Kitteh

King Kitteh Starship Captain

Did anyone else completely lose their 1.0 hype after so many weeks waiting and only now have they started playing Starbound 1.0?

7. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Does anyone else make healing water pools a tile deep for any guards/civilians facing the wilds?

8. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

I had a critter display on my Floran's ship pre-1.0. It was up on the greenhouse deck.

I have. Especially when I've been marathonning a session and I get hungry. I've wondered what a bunch of the alien food tastes like. I know that Reefpod tastes like a bunch of fruits mixed with salt, and I can equate that to Dr. Pepper, and imagine it tasting salty.

9. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Well not sure about the dirt, since it ended up stacking with the other dirt. However the sod, some of it is in that Hylotl Mansion I am remodeling. Since I usually play my first character, I did not get the cape or flower; only my later made ones did. Also same with dirt I was able to find sod somewhere and stacked with it...><

I haven't yet. Key word yet. Had it in mind though, as it is something I know I want to do; it is just a matter of where I want to put it and how big it will be. Guess I could make it one display at a time... Well after I finally make that relocator thing, for easy organization of the critters and such.

Thought about it, just didn't ever get around to it...:nurutease:

Sadly I probably would if I was cooking more with the things I found, but unfortunately I have not messed with cooking just yet. maybe when I finally find that planet I want to make a farm on I might get more into it. Right now though the base ingredients are not all that appealing; especially the ones that stare back at me, oculamon.

Has anyone built minor things in and around natural generating villages to help protect them from the elements?
    example, building a canopy over a floran hobbit hole village at each place to ensure the sand in the desert doesn't block their entrances too much when a sandstorm hits.

10. Animaster78900

Animaster78900 Cosmic Narwhal

*shamelessly advertises*
    If you're looking to relocate critters and such, might I point you in the direction of... http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=764326241

Anyway, has anyone else suddenly felt a murderous rampage come up when you accidentally set a towns person on fire and realize that you could kill them all if you use Molotov's?...

11. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I do that Earth Dirt thing, though I was not aware that the hylotl castles had sod? Odd, I've never seen it.. huh.

Anyways...

Does anybody else strip all the Gentle Stars near their starting worlds of all the treasure chests on the surface? I usually visit each Desert/Lush/Forest planet on every Gentle Star near my starting star, plunk a single torch down at beamsite and go left or right and nab useful contents of any chests I find, and on Lush planets, I always clear the mines out. Each Lush planet gives you ~30 core frags, and after a couple of them you got more fragments than you could ever need for upgrading machinery, lol.

I usually have Wire Mode, Power Generator upgrade #2, and Size upgrade #1 before ever going to a planet that has Titanium on it, lol.

And sometimes I have enough Upgrade Modules for a T5-6 ship by then.

12. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

@Animaster78900 Yeah I noticed it and got it downloaded, well the one here on this site anyway. Prefer dropping in the mods myself. Always have a habit of downloading mods I find interesting or might use one day, but at the moment I am playing mod-free to experience most the game Vanilla. One exception is a mod for old graphics for a few of the outfits that someone kindly made. I want to figure out what I personally need to mod in, and feel it is the best way to play vanilla to determine that. What I mean is missing recipes and similar, as that is my area of modding that I have done in the past before the modding changes. Just have to re-learn the how to when I do get to that point... keeping track of what i want available a certain way.

Thanks though. :nuruhappy:

@Xylia no you misunderstand. I didn't get the sod from the Hylotl Mansion, I built it into the walls of what I had on hand. I think I found more on a swampy planet... I think... that or I am thinking something else... reed blocks... Still have the sod, but think I did use a piece or few in that mansion, just don't remember where since I don't have a pic of it... hmm...

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  13. CaptainTaz

CaptainTaz Void-Bound Voyager

Am I the only one who tries to ninja any and all furniture that I like from villages? Every time I come across the resistance bases or the glitch villages I try to ninja everything I can that looks cool from them...

My spaceship is certainly well-furnished that's for sure.

Shadow20218 and Tamorr like this.
  14. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

@CaptainTaz I Mainly do that for like the rare items, but gets tricky when they don't want to leave the room. So much patience for them to walk out so I can close the door behind. Most other things I print. So I go for the ones I can not print... So in part I do that when possible or have the patience to wait long enough to be stealthy. :nuruhappy:

15. CaptainTaz

CaptainTaz Void-Bound Voyager

((Off topic here, but I have to ask))

You can print items? how? *has only completed story up to the floran hunting ground so if its something beyond that than just say that pls*

Maybe I wont need so many storage containers in my base.... on the other hand, its still fun to be a ninja ;-;

16. RedPanda_Warrior

RedPanda_Warrior Star Wrangler

Yes, I have on my BYOS project which is still in progress.
    Does anyone else pay good attention to the music of the game and select a favorite track?

17. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

I totally pay attention to the music in game. My favourites are the Outpost theme and the main title theme.

18. RedPanda_Warrior

RedPanda_Warrior Star Wrangler

Nice! My favorites are the final boss theme, Boss track 3, and the starbound main theme(sort of similar to title theme, except less delicate and more-exciting.)
    1st fovorite would be credits screen song(after run is defeated, no spoilers)
    It's aX3 upbeat version of a song that was already upbeat.

19. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Has nothing to do with the story progression that is separate and only for outpost progression.

Just upgrade all workbenches, specifically the inventor table thing, and you will see a table that can be made name 3D printer. Not all items can be printed though. Most that are not already craftable can be made from the printer for pixels. Yes early on I did try and swipe what I could, but once I unlocked that little device... suffice to say I took less, and just scanned what I wanted. That is another reason you can scan things. Most things you can scan will be printable through that.

Aye. being stealthy on occasion does have its' benefit of reduced cost, when not seeing if it could be done in certain situations. Quite an interesting mechanic I rather enjoy, even if it is a simple one. :nuruhappy:

20. Cell Materia

Cell Materia Cosmic Narwhal

bruh bruh oculamons look delicious ass fuck what you talkin' bouth"?? you missin' out on so much pixel hunger don't you play in survival mode?

Lintton likes this.