Digital The Dawn of Two Suns (A Starbound Comic)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Absurdisan, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

Pls no. Absurdian? Where you at?

Absurdisan likes this.
  2. Presios Saiyan

Presios Saiyan Giant Laser Beams

==> If you find a Village, What you would do? Also There is a scouter is in the ground, See if you can find it and use it.

Absurdisan likes this.
  3. Absurdisan

Absurdisan Phantasmal Quasar

I swear it's not quite dead yet! I've even started work on the next page, see?!? SEE?!??!! PLEASE DON'T LEAVE.

[​IMG]

Seajun_, Yzzey, Dargona1018 and 4 others like this.
  4. Adam05PL

Adam05PL Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm still here :D

Absurdisan likes this.
  5. PseudoGold

PseudoGold Pangalactic Porcupine

Well, I'm bumping this. This comic fully deserves it.

Absurdisan and Adam05PL like this.
  6. jackdc071

jackdc071 Orbital Explorer

I would never leave this comic,even if everyone else had, this thread and comic made me laugh so much yesterday, can't wait for the next page, but if you ever do leave (god forbid that ever happens) then at least tell us, so then we will actually know. Keep up the good work! ;) (we need a thumbs up emoticon)

#bestresponseNA

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2014
  7. Absurdisan

You guys are awesome :D and I wouldn't stop without telling you! I've always got this forum open so I don't forget.

Yzzey, jackdc071 and Adam05PL like this.
  8. Sytic

Sytic Void-Bound Voyager

I'll always be here! :D
    watching.
    Waiting.
    Until it all burns ;-;

Adam05PL likes this.
  9. MoonBeast

MoonBeast Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't plan on leaving you, I'm just a bit nervous. I've read several webcomic series in my time on the Internet. I've even decided that I'll make my own, as soon as I can learn to use photoshop. But it has happened more than I can probably bear; I discover a new episodic webcomic, I get very into it, and start reading it religiously. But then I get to the last page. The protagonist is in the middle of a development arc, and I'm eagerly awaiting the next page. But then I see the comic's update feed. It usually goes something like this: the author posted a comment with the latest page saying something along the lines of "sorry for the month long wait for another page, things in my life have been very rough as of late, and I don't know when the next update will be. Don't worry, I haven't died yet though ;)" so I just think that there will be a bit of a wait before the next comic.

But then I see the date of the last update. It's 5 years ago.

I'm one of those people who gets depressed when they finish a TV series, or a book series. I've started to learn to deal with these depressions. But the melancholy I feel when a series is canceled, or straight up forgotten by its own author is 50 times worse.

Now that you know how I genuinely feel right now, please understand why I'm asking you this: don't make unpredictable updates a regular occurrence for your comic. I know that I have no right to ask that of you. I just don't want another one to die on me. Please.

10. Adam05PL

Adam05PL Pangalactic Porcupine

As a book reader and gamer who loves games based on a story ( Favorite games ever are Skyrim, and all from Ace Attorney series ^^) I know the feel. When you get that feeling it means the piece you are done with ( book/ game etc) was amazing. I really like the fact, that more of them are coming, even if some dont end that well ( web comic series etc) . Well, we all have to understand that everyone has real life, which comes into first place. It's sad , but that's how the world works :p And most of artists do it for their own passion, they have right to stop whenever they want to. I can happily reccomend you to check out this http://www.prequeladventure.com/2011/03/prequel-begin/ Which starts in 2011, and this is still going O_O . Hope you will have good time reading :D

11. Absurdisan

I wholeheartedly understand your worries - I've watched some of my favourite shows and comics fade out and die a slow, lingering death as well as sudden, abrupt ends (anyone who watched Firefly knows this pain). I have felt your feels and I wouldn't wish that disappointment upon anyone, least of all people who are actually interested in my own stuff.

Sadly, I also know that just one of these pages takes hours to produce, which can write off an entire day of my weekend or a whole week of nights after I get home from work. I'm also trying to sort out moving to America from the UK to be with my wife, as well as trying to maintain a semblance of social life, so that takes up more of my already sparse time. I don't want to make excuses for my poor performance here, I just want to explain so you wonderful readers can understand why I'm sucking so much at bringing these pages out :(

I don't want to stop doing this comic, and I won't stop anytime soon. My wife is persistently on me to get another of these done and the support from you guys is frankly astounding and just wonderful, so I don't want to let any of you down either. I just can't promise a steady schedule of updates, and I don't want to put a timeframe on when the next page will be up because there is every chance I won't hit it, which will make you guys feel bad and it'll make me feel awful.

I know I can't keep asking for your patience and you have every right to be pissed at me and every right to leave and never come back. But there is the reality of it, and that reality isn't what I'd want it to be :( but there will be pages coming, I've still got lots of ideas I want to work into this thing and it'd be a damn shame to let them go to waste!

TLDR; excuses excuses excuses, I'm super sorry for not updating regularly, you guys are amazing and I am making more of this.

12. McDoomington

McDoomington Scruffy Nerf-Herder

"Oh, you probably meant to slap his face, didn't you? Whoops, at least he's awake now"

I thought you said this wasn't that kind of comic.

Lecic and Absurdisan like this.
  13. Sytic

Sytic Void-Bound Voyager

-Walks over to thread-
    -Looks around, barren wasteland, waiting for Absurdian to return-
    -He does not-
    -Digs a hole, taking dirt and putting it on the ground, until it looks like a bump in the ground-
    -Puts down a sign on the bump of dirt-
    "Bump."
    But seriously, Absurdian, where is teh new comic? We're very interested! :D

Alkanthe likes this.
  14. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

Where you at?

15. Moon Star

Moon Star Cosmic Narwhal

It's obvious that Absurdian died. This comic was probably based on true events. What was the last panel about? That's right. Those two Novakids were staring at a gun. This theory, while absurd, might just be plausible. Either that or Absurdian just hasn't gotten around to it. But do you want to take that chance?

Lecic likes this.
  16. Lecic

Lecic Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Artists are people too. They'll get around to making a new one when they have the time and they want to.

17. Moon Star

Moon Star Cosmic Narwhal

How can you be sure that they're people? What if they're cats? Did you think about that?

Yzzey likes this.
  18. Oddbrother

Oddbrother Cosmic Narwhal

The joys of anonymity on the internet.

19. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a cat

Dolphinowl245 likes this.
  20. Cat656

Cat656 Void-Bound Voyager

But I am

Dolphinowl245 likes this.