1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Community The Coordinates Megathread - Enraged Koala

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by BRAWW, Jan 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BRAWW

BRAWW Vice-President of the Red Gang

So we've decided to change how the Coordinates thread is going to be handled - i'll probably be making a new one for each universe wipe as to make searching for stuff easier.

Why was the old thread closed? Because frankly, 100 pages of now useless coordinates popping up when searching for something specific annoyed people. Also, we'll be making new coordinate threads for every patch that has a universe wipe.

Try to format your post to make it easy to read; optimally a post should have the Coordinates, Sector, Planet Name, Content of the planet, Where to find said content, OS version (pretty important), etc. If you have big pictures, put them in tags! (See second post in thread for what your post should look like!)

Videos are alright, but please try not to spam them (and remember that you can have your own thread with all your videos in the video section).

Feel free to share your coordinates to cool stuff you've found, or also request coordinates to a certain item/dungeon/npc/overpowered weapon/flower pot/etc (assuming you've used the search function before requesting!)

Oh and please try to keep the thread clean from random off-topic discussions!

2. BRAWW

BRAWW Vice-President of the Red Gang

Warning: Fake Post (but should be what YOUR post looks like!)

Sector Alpha (Windows)

Coordinates X: -294595 Y: 30416

Planet is called Alpha Alpha Tuc Minoris II

Contains a throne dedicated to BRAWW, short distance left of spawn! Wow!

Spawn Point
    Throne for Braww
    Contents of the Royal Chest

skelay, SirKaldar, roadrashh and 7 others like this.
  3. MoonBeast

MoonBeast Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Aw. There goes the other thread :(

That doesn't seem very fair to me that you would close down a popular sticky thread in favor of the one you just barely created

Out with the old, and in with the new I suppose

Jump Tank and Poorman-Patrick like this.
  4. Eric Sheppard

Eric Sheppard Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If anyone finds a lead guitar, please let me know where. I've been searching since the patch came out, but have been finding the same four or five instruments over and over. (Rock organ, bass guitar, harmonica, flute, banjo)

macodelo likes this.
  5. zanthal

zanthal Existential Complex

:sparta: I pity the fool who doesn't contribute good co-ordinates to this thread! :sparta:

[​IMG]

:sparta: And don't forget to eat your breakfast :sparta:

6. Vader

Vader Space Spelunker

lf planet -forest biome, gamma sector or higher, WITH Meteor Showers

7. MoonBeast

MoonBeast Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I found a planet with a dog very near the spawn. I'll edit this post to include the coordinates when I get the chance

ErkGloom likes this.
  8. ___MeRliN___

___MeRliN___ Guest

Anyone found a Human Jeep Mech Tech yet?

DevonDe likes this.
  9. sylfeden

sylfeden Void-Bound Voyager

There is a dog on Alpha Indie 464 : -9335804,50148910 Ib. Weather acid rain. Desert planet, underground rainbow biome (Neon Melon). High tech chest with energy dash, current corn grows wild and there are rice seeds in a surface chest.

GuyWithOneEye and SouperDaveCDN like this.
  10. lupadim

lupadim Pangalactic Porcupine

benignInferno, Naun, Bierbart and 6 others like this.
  11. Alexander Raizel

Alexander Raizel Void-Bound Voyager

Sector X (Windows)
    x Zubeneschamali 83 IV
    Biome:Tentacle
    Threat: 10

x: 74811929
    y: -14120449

A couple minutes to the left (maybe less), you will find 2 chests very close together. The big one has a legendary shotgun in it.
    Continue going left to find a tech chest with rocket jump in it on a small opening to the ground (easily visible and its on the surface almost)
    Lastly, continue to the left to find an apex facility with an obstacle course and a tech chest on the end of it.

12. Whoaness

Whoaness Subatomic Cosmonaut

We should clear up what chests have random loot and which ones don't.

Chests that are alone by itself on a surface or even underground with no distinguishable structure around it will have the same loot for everyone (depending on OS).

Chests in buildings (technically called instances) have their loot randomized. To check if a loot is randomized or not, you can check the chest in both single and multiplayer.

This post, below, definitely sounds like a randomized chest:

Be sure to check the chest in single and multi if you want to be sure your coordinates and loot is good.

13. Toastie

Toastie Poptop Tamer

V.good loot planet, got bubble boost from the apex tech room

14. Whoaness

Whoaness Subatomic Cosmonaut

Sayax from the other thread found one.

Posted a pic, but I'll just put in the planet name: X Menkar Minoris III c, Grasslands.

15. Cmmndrsnowflake

Cmmndrsnowflake Aquatic Astronaut

Thanks for shunning my super detailed first post that was only posted 6 hours ago, hope atleast some people got to read my coordinates. A little warning maybe next time T_T

Posting my final comment on that thread!
    Also a link to the old thread for the coordinates still there (It's closed now how stupid)
    http://community.playstarbound.com/...uld-like-to-share.36016/page-173#post-1744742

First post! woo woo! I have to thank whoever posted earlier today about Beta Zeta Cen 318 This system has so many things to offer someone just jumping into beta sector, lots of surface materials and other things it'd be worth while to check out the rest of the planets in the system imo

beta zeta cen 318 II/III
    -50883803x
    -89326754y
    It is a yellow star system it's a little hard to see it's not exaclty in the middle it is actually at the top right corner of one of the more middle stars hope this helps! it also is cut off kind of so it reads a little like beta zeta cn
    This was found off of an earlier post I just explored the other planets around and found other stuff!
    Planet II has spawned a floran event for me left of the robot fortress

Planet III has a robot fortress to the immediate left also just found on the planet to the left of the fortress a little ways is a small glitch castle with a hidden chest and a chest to the left of that in a pit with a cowboy hat! MAN this system is loaded! if you go right instead of left not far maybe 1-2 mins right is a high tech chest, that had a jump boost in it for me, a wizard tower with a legendary in his chest that sells stims for 150-200

Planet III has an arid moon that has an abandoned mining place and human complex

Planet II had a forest moon both of which if you walk left almost immediately you run into a new uhh fortress that i've never seen a robot fortress that both have 2 blue chests each and a matter generator that spits out the purple blocks as well as some crystals that break into many pixels and scientist outfits pretty sweet find but WATCHOUT it has many lava pit traps as well as zappy traps so be careful when jumping down platforms!!!!

Both planets also include more chests to the left and right of varying size contents just haven't fully checked them out and I'm sure other planets in the system hold many suprises!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2014
    ApSciLiara and ReverendBonobo like this.
  16. meyerfire

meyerfire Star Wrangler

Planet doesn't exist.

Mortomni likes this.
  17. KaosAkroma

KaosAkroma Intergalactic Tourist

Sorry mates, only had the best of intentions.

18. FIzzoFox

FIzzoFox Master Chief

Sector Beta (windows)

Planet: Beta Zerrus 879 II
    X: 7538541 Y:-53965829

Left: Good sword and Axe plus a mine with alot of stuff
    Right: Violin

19. meyerfire

meyerfire Star Wrangler

It's all good.

Edit: Windows 8 OS, single player, furious Koala version for those wondering

20. Cmmndrsnowflake

Cmmndrsnowflake Aquatic Astronaut

Gamma Signa Cas 8274
    Yellow Star
    X: -50883803
    y: -89326761

Second planet Forest moon left of spawn a little ways ground flattens out and an Avian ship anchor, climb it to find a pirate ship and a gun salesman that sold me a 26 dps gun for relatively cheap!

aerithkm likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.