1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

The cool / cute / weird random monster thread

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Iaeyan Elyuex, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

I didn't see one of these when I searched, so here it is! Here, you can post pictures of randomly generated monsters that just looked awesome to you. Bonus points if you find Derrick! (I don't think you actually can anymore.) I'll start.

[​IMG]This is an Endorian Greenhorn. (The quadrupedal dinosaur thing, not the hardcore-looking Rambo plant with a rifle.) They're nice, and won't attack unless provoked.

2. LittleWasp

LittleWasp Big Damn Hero

Behold, the majestic turklepus. It's a turkey, it's a turtle, it's an octopus?!?!
    2014-02-03_00005.jpg

Iaeyan Elyuex and Thalant like this.
  3. MrVauxs

MrVauxs Giant Laser Beams

[​IMG]
    such cute

4. Iaeyan Elyuex

That's not a randomly generated monster. That's a Poptop. This thread is about the random, procedurally generated monsters. Poptops are cute, though. Until they grow up.

Ah, the turklepus. Turklepi are quite majestic. On a side note, someone better help that poor thing stuck in the poison. Or just put it out of its misery.

[​IMG] I found this guy on a desert planet! I call it the Three-Tailed Schmeh! I'd imagine it likes eating unwary travelers, Bobfaes and lollipops!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  5. Quillon

Quillon Subatomic Cosmonaut

I found- oh wait. they don't have random monsters anymore.:monkey:

6. Ludux

Ludux Void-Bound Voyager

Huh? They do though? They've had them for ages and ages. That's what this thread is about! =D

Here's one I found and captured to make my pet - it has 14 eyeballs and vomits deadly rainbows onto my enemies!

[​IMG]

That /has/ to be randomly generated, c'mon. Even better, it matches my strawberry-bird-bee colors!

7. Iaeyan Elyuex

How does it shoot rainbows? I didn't see that in the list of attacks on the wiki! Even so, nice find. It probably gained that power by seeing a baby Avali. That is, assuming Avali kits are cute. I've never seen one.

8. Quillon

Quillon Subatomic Cosmonaut

hmm... I'm probably just bad at looking. :p

9. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

That's...impressive. I should probably make an aviary (read: space elevator bird catching platform) and get myself a few things like that.
    Lies. Adult poptops look like they'd have a layer of fur thicker than my dog. Talk about cuddly.

10. Sir_Djak

Sir_Djak Scruffy Nerf-Herder

fremlin.JPG a folliage gremlin i spotted some minutes ago

Blevruz likes this.
  11. Chernushka

Chernushka Space Spelunker

[​IMG]
    I call those things Nyaonnaises. I don't know why that mix between Nya and Mayonnaise, but... Nyaonnaise. xD
    And all the variants of that things are either called Desert Nyaonnaise, Peaceful Nyaonnaise, depending on the planet and the behaviour. The common Nyaonnaises I meet are around my house on a forest planet.

12. Iaeyan Elyuex

It looks like it eats vegetables. Better keep it away from your farm. It even has long arms for gripping the stems and uprooting them.
    It almost looks like Finn.

Rauchschwalbe likes this.
  13. Mythril-Jelly

Mythril-Jelly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

After a little bit of command insanity, I have my resurrected Lemon/Lemmy from beta.

Used to live on a volcanic planet with them, had a little crystal castle. Then it spontaneously exploded and my NPC guards cloned like amoebas so I had to exacuate. Good times. At least I have one again!

I think the little armoured lizards are totally adorable.
    [​IMG]

PaxCallow and Sir_Djak like this.
  14. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

I found a creature that didn't have any eyes on its head, but had one on its tail. I bookmarked the location so I can capture an army of them. Fear my horde of backwards-looking monsters! They know no fear, mostly because they can't actually see it.

Blevruz likes this.
  15. Sir_Djak

It reminds me of all the pets i used to have... all lizard or crocodile shaped.... on a planet that i lost because i didnt put it in my bookmark nor built a teleporter on it....:cry:

16. Sir_Djak

bloup.JPG
    I call those 2 guys the Bobblelers :rainbowbarf::rainbow:

Noobgalaxies likes this.
  17. Iaeyan Elyuex

Lemmy looks like a Pokémon. Cute.
    They don't need to know where they're going, just where they've been.
    Caption 1: Get a room! Caption 2: -hey. hey Earl. you see that weirdo over there?--yeah. what the heck is he?--i dunno.-

18. Gon009

Gon009 Subatomic Cosmonaut

My personal favorite:
    StarbPet1.PNG
    I'm going to name him "Spyro" if pet nametags will be ever added.

I also like this one:
    StarbPet2.PNG
    I used this one on planet surfaces. I like these colors.

Both are with the "glow" effect, I made screenshots on my ship. I think it would look better without "glow".

19. Iaeyan Elyuex

You like big birds and you cannot lie! Do they have any special attacks?

20. Sir_Djak

They do actually have special abilities