1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

The Ark (Next Update talk/theories)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by jpmrocks, Apr 3, 2015.

1. aerionop

aerionop Big Damn Hero

You saved the universe! - 60pixels.

Now that's a kthxbye if I've ever seen one...

The Squid likes this.
  2. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

It's taking so much self control not to play the last mission. I'm trying to save it for the 1.0 release ;-;

3. Dark-Grunt

Dark-Grunt Void-Bound Voyager

I know, right? When i discovered that it was accessible, I immediately took a screenshot and leaved too not spoil myself! And now, I just can't wait to try it!

The Squid likes this.
  4. BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747

BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747 Pangalactic Porcupine

And so, discussion of the Great Minds here ends..... while another, continues on searching through... The Ruin's statue. It has random pictures on it, some which may not be so random at all. The Caretaker's stone, appears to be taken out of the stone from which The Ruin's statue was forged from. You can find one at the end of the bottom most tentacle, another between the two top most tentacles, with yet a 3rd one at the right of the statue. Oh, and another ontop the bottomost tentacle halfway through. The other drawings appear to be the Devs having fun, right? Possibly, I can see two stick figures with some diamond/triangle shaped heads, with a single dot in them. (To the right of the eye)

Maybe there are some Ancient Alphabet runes? So I brought up the wiki page of it, the top tentacle has some little "pickaxe" looking thing. It's either a flipped L, Y, or an upside down Z. Actually, an upside down U looks more like it. Even a normal O. Above that, looks like some type of stickfigure that has been scratched out? Whatever. There's a visible smiley face underneath the "pickaxe" Seems similar to the C. Beneath that is a triangle with a triangle inside of it with two dots under that too? The #7 has similarities to it.

That's all I have for today, I haven't even compared the Avian glyphs to the ones found on the statue or the prisms. (Doesn't even talk about prisms)

Extremely sorry for necroing/this was already talked about.

5. RedPanda_Warrior

RedPanda_Warrior Star Wrangler

There is some sort of connection between the ruin and a lot of other things. First off, lets think about the unidentified fossil. Picture it in your mind. Now think about how many eye holes it has(one). How many eye holes does the ruin have(one). In the lunar mission, there is an area you can use distortion sphere to get to by going up one of the outpost things. When you get there, there's a cavern that looks like the unidentified fossil skull. Seeing it now? In avian tombs and temples, you can find temple brick blocks that have circles with dots in the middle on them. These are probably depictions of eyes. So, could this race that is missiong on the ark gate be this one eyed speciman, and could the caretaker(think ancient prop) be one of these?

If this is just a bunch of jumbled, meaningless info, I'm sorry.

6. RedPanda_Warrior

RedPanda_Warrior Star Wrangler

Another thing: erchius horror only has one eye.

7. BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747

FINALLY! SOMEONE ELSE NOTICES! *We are the Champions music starts playing in background*
    EDIT: That made me sound like a lying jerk. I just never shared the findings on the forums from looking like some weirdo who doesn't understand the rules, or trying too hard to connect all of these things that have always existed in the game before 1.0.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  8. BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747

Ah yes, 1.2. More mysteries to uncover?

9. BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747

So uh, I've heard of an ancient mural in the 1.2 Ancient Vaults. I haven't seen it myself, eventually I will....