The Annual Chucklefish Hunger Games: Back to School Edition!

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Witch Cat, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Witch Cat

Witch Cat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I know, I know, making a forum game out of a long forgotten movie may seem dumb but trust me, it'll be fun!

So, the gist of this game is simple! You, dear readers, will supply me with tributes and I will feed the names into a Hunger Games simulator which will then poop out some interesting scenarios. You can volunteer anybody you want! An actor, a God, a concept, even yourself! Get to see Donald Trump fight to the death with Aquaman! Or see Luke Skywalker impale your favourite actor! Truly limitless fun!

There are just some rules, though.
    1. You must supply me with a picture of your tribute. Preferably small icons of your tribute that clearly show their face. (If you volunteer yourself, I'll just use your current profile picture.)
    2. While you can volunteer yourself, you may not volunteer someone else on this site without their permission
    3. Don't spam the thread with your tributes, let other's have a chance at writing in some names too. But you're still free to write in multiple tributes, just don't go over board with it.
    4. No redundancies.
    And that's pretty much it! There are 36 slots we have to fill before we can start. Once we do start, I'll read through the results of the Hunger Games simulator and write what happens on each day in this thread. Keep in mind all of this is randomised so I have no control over what happens. But! While I can't control who lives or who dies, you can (if you so desire) supply me with custom events to use so you can choose not who will die, but how they'll die. So instead of the standard "Player 1 was stabbed to death by Player 2", you could suggest me to replace it with "Player 1 crushed Player 2's head with his/her mighty thighs". You can also suggest custom events detailing how they find food, heal themselves, pass the time, etc. All custom events will be collected before the game starts and more can't be supplied after. All suggestions are approved by me, and your suggestion needs to be something specific like "Player 1 did XYZ to Player 2". Also, while not mandatory, telling me when, where, and/or in what situation you'd like to see the suggestion used would be a very nice thing to do.

Also! As many students are resuming classes, or are about to, I have decided to incorporate a "Back to School" theme into this Hunger Games. But, if enough people don't like this idea or want a new theme, I'll be sure to remove it and resume the game normally.

(I'm going to be rushing out a lot of these and pump them full of bad jokes when I can, so don't expect any award-worthy writing. I'm just doing this for some fun.)

That's all! Feel free to ask any questions you have!
    [​IMG]

This honestly is more like a TV show than a game. The only interaction you really have is just supplying me with tributes. Once I have all the tributes, I feed the names into the Hunger Games simulator and it then poops out a bunch of randomised scenarios. And each scenario is divided into days. The first scenario is day one and every character will interact with something or someone, stuff like forging for food, attacking someone, etc. My job is just to update the roster to help everyone keep tabs on who's alive and who's dead. I'll also be screenshotting the results of every scenario/day that the simulator gives me and post it here with a little short story(-ish kinda) under it that basically parrots what the simulator is saying but with an attempt to craft an actual story with added details and jokes too. I'll keep doing this for every day and try to update it daily until we eventually have a winner!

"So," I hear you asking, "What do we do?" Well, your job is simple, you basically just read over the results of every day (the short one sentence long ones the simulator gives or my long ramblings) and you just... talk about it. Make bets, fool around, and stuff like that. If you really wanted to, you could help with the writing process, but it's mostly just about having a laugh as you watch the Hunger Games unfold. You don't play as the tributes, but as the everyday Joes who sit around with the family to watch teens murder each other.

"This sounds like a horrible and boring idea!" you cry, well yeah I made it sound worse than it actually is because I'm living off of 3 hours of sleep and microwaved chicken nuggets. Lemme explain a bit of backstory too. I stole borrowed this idea from an RP forum I frequent. It became almost a tradition there to do this and it really helped stimulate the forums. That's what I'm hoping will happen here! Just a small little fun idea to get everyone together.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  2. Witch Cat

!!!S L O T S F U L L!!!
    1) Psittacosaurus
    2) Charlemagne
    3) Rugops
    4) Shovel Knight
    5) Shield Knight
    6) Teddy Roosevelt
    7) Roland Wiess
    8) Conway the Freelance Spy
    9) Stanley
    10) Donald Trump
    11) Filthy Frank
    12) Keemstar
    13) Boaty Mc Boatyface
    14) Lord Vivec
    15) Ruby Rose
    16) Weiss Schnee
    17)Captain Sparkels
    18)System 7
    19)System 7 the Band
    20) A LUFTRAUSER Pilot
    21) Avril Lavigne
    22) Dad
    23) Vladimir Lenin
    24) Alexander the Great
    25) Hannibal
    26) Idubbbz
    27) Joey Salads
    28) Markiplier
    29) Wilfred Warfstache
    30) Arra
    31) Pangaea
    32) Garnet
    33) Amethyst
    and
    34) Pearl and not Steven because that would be reckless
    35) Firepaw Da Cat
    36) Illithid

~~~THE CAST~~~
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    Firebird Zoom and HunterC1998 like this.
  3. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

Psittacosaurus!

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  4. Witch Cat

Does the dino have a pic-tasaurus

5. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

I've got one: Charlemagne!

[​IMG]

6. HunterC1998

7. BlueShard

BlueShard Giant Laser Beams

I nominate Stanley:

[​IMG]

And Conway the freelance spy
    [​IMG]

And this song plays as he goes

8. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

I can't believe no one suggested the obvious one last time. So...

[​IMG]

9. Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

((must I do this again?))
    I nominate these fools:
    Stand.png
    Shovel Knight
    ShieldKnight.png
    Shield Knight
    Also, could you put them in the same district?

10. HunterC1998

11. Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

I'd like to join again, if that's okay :p

12. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

I'll submit myself again, and my associate will be:
    [​IMG]
    Teddy Roosevelt.

HunterC1998 and Firebird Zoom like this.
  13. Witch Cat

The more the merrier, get in here!
    ///
    Loving the influx of tributes

Firepaw Da Cat and Firebird Zoom like this.
  14. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

I nominate Dagoth Ur, leader of the Sixth House!

[​IMG]

Firepaw Da Cat and Firebird Zoom like this.
  15. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

And since there's so much space: Abu-bakr Al-Baghdadi, the leader of ISIS!

[​IMG]

16. HunterC1998

RNG better have a brain when it comes to that guy..

17. Witch Cat

Would you like me to put his name down as "Al-Bagh-daddy" instead?

Surenu and Firebird Zoom like this.
  18. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

What's with your daddy-complex? Geez.

19. Witch Cat

It's not "daddy complex", it's "daddy issues". Get it right.

Pangaea and Firebird Zoom like this.
  20. BlueShard

BlueShard Giant Laser Beams

Banned for "daddy"

Witch Cat and Firebird Zoom like this.