1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Community The Agaran Menace

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Razey, Jan 30, 2014.

?

The Agarans: Menace or Misunderstood?

1. Menace

414 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Misunderstood

333 vote(s)
    12.4%
  3. Mushrooms

623 vote(s)
    23.2%
  4. Malevolent, Menacing, Misunderstood Mushrooms

1,319 vote(s)
    49.1%
  1. ZeeHero

ZeeHero Pangalactic Porcupine

I've never been attacked by an Agaran. Well, except that one time when I accidentally shot one while aiming at a monster behind it.
    However those Florans tried to kill me! they did kill me in fact, many times, and it was painful. If I didn't keep reappearing in my ship every time I died, I wouldn't be able to tell you this now!

We must watch those mushroom men closely.

2. BurningSprite

BurningSprite Big Damn Hero

And since we've last left off,I quarantined a whole planet because those [EXPLETIVE REDACTED] kidnapped a whole village of Florans. I also used a flamethrower to neutralize any free-floating spores.

3. zBound

zBound Starship Captain

If you look at this photo the floran is a prisoner, you can tell because there's a drysap dispenser in there, and if you don't know drysap is a specific torture method just for floran[DOUBLEPOST=1433850943][/DOUBLEPOST]So them fungi ain't fun guy's

4. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

I believe that it's not the actual drysap that causes the floran discomfort. I think the lava underneath, heating the room, is the form of torture, while the drysap just allows the floran to survive without a water supply.

But then again, we're not even sure if the torture is intentional or if it's part of the theorized process of turning florans into Agarans.

5. zBound

zBound Starship Captain

Your correct except for the final part, the aragan don't use drysap as a meathod of turning the floran into aragan, otherwise the floran wouldn't inject floran prisoners with drysap

Thanks for correcting me
    -zBound

6. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Also, these structures can no longer be found in-game (I think).

7. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

Basing what is told in Notes on Drysap 2 (http://starbounder.org/Notes_on_Drysap_2), drysap was actually given to the guards to greatly strenghten them and make them able to survive more easily in the hot and dry conditions of the prisons.

I cannot deny that drysap could be a form of deliberate torture, though, seeing as it can be used deliberately of prisoners who's bodies reject it.

That's correct!

8. zBound

zBound Starship Captain

Actually according to the lore drysap is helpful when regularly taken, it acts as a drug because also according to the lore when injected into a floran it makes their body dependent on it[DOUBLEPOST=1433888387][/DOUBLEPOST](I'm such a nerd)

9. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

I see... but wouldn't depriving a subject who has already become dependent on it be the torture, assuming that withdrawal symptoms occur?

10. zBound

zBound Starship Captain

11. Bumber

Bumber Pangalactic Porcupine

12. zBound

zBound Starship Captain

I couldn't find the part a bout them turning to dust In those books I read about it in a different lore book I just couldn't find it, I beleive it's mentioned in greenfingers notes...

13. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

"The Dust" is referring to the floran prisons, I believe, seeing as how they contain drysap dispensers.

14. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

Ack! People are still quoting this?!

Owl_Stalker likes this.
  15. zBound

zBound Starship Captain

Yurp[DOUBLEPOST=1434070019][/DOUBLEPOST]It never gets old...

16. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

I was playing the latest nightly build, and I can use just two words to sum up my experience:
    Agaran tenants.
    They can't be that bad if they pay the rent, right? Screen Shot 2015-08-22 at 9.42.52 AM.jpg

Edit: Turns out he's a merchant as well. Screen Shot 2015-08-22 at 9.49.29 AM.jpg
    Now I don't have to kill anyone to get mushroom hats.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  17. FireFangs

FireFangs Cosmic Narwhal

I find this highly suspicious. Keep an eye on that tenant and check your food for spores.

18. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

Yes! I can finally imprison and tor- I mean, treat the agarans to a nice cup of tea!

Type1Ninja and The Squid like this.
  19. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

I now have three Agaran tenants. For a while, two of them followed eachother around, but then one's status changed to "destroying friendships" and the other's changed to "in pain." Admittedly, it made me more sad than it should've.

20. The MechE

The MechE Existential Complex

Wait, what? Why?