1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Community The Agaran Menace

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Razey, Jan 30, 2014.

?

The Agarans: Menace or Misunderstood?

1. Menace

414 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Misunderstood

333 vote(s)
    12.4%
  3. Mushrooms

623 vote(s)
    23.2%
  4. Malevolent, Menacing, Misunderstood Mushrooms

1,319 vote(s)
    49.1%
  1. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

I think they just changed the old ones, as the new heads weren't additions, they were replacements for the old ones.

2. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Hs anybody found any Agaran hats? Aside from the 'Wild Fungus' set?

3. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

The Squid likes this.
  4. SoopaDerpcat

SoopaDerpcat Pangalactic Porcupine

It's actually been ages since I've seen an Agaran in its natural habitat. Having put nearly 60 hours into this game, I've only ever found one village.

5. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

Well, they only spawn in mushroom biomes on forest planets, so the could be why you aren't seeing them around.

6. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

Also, I think the random encounters are still inactive. So you can only find them in villages.

7. Ferrettomato

Ferrettomato Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I might be wrong, but it feels like I'm finding more and more Agaran villages. Whilst searching for the specific objects needed for quests, almost every planet I found had nothing but Agarans on it. It'd be cool if they're actually raising the spawn rate with every update, to make it seem like they're really cropping up more and more like the lore says.

Banerg likes this.
  8. SoopaDerpcat

It must just be you, I haven't really found more than one or two Agaran villages...ever. Then again I'm not
    really a big-time planet hopper; I usually tend to try and find myself a cozy little system to settle down in.

9. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Agarans are usually found on lush forest planets. Almost every single one I've been to has had one.

10. SoopaDerpcat

So in other word, they're spreading very quickly, but can only spread to one type of planet?

11. Ferrettomato

Ferrettomato Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well, yeah, forest planets and garden planets are the only places that can sustain life and large structures. It's worth noting, however, that they don't appear on lush planets like Bustow said, but that might be for balancing issues. (the starting planet has to be somewhat regulated, and thus lush planets do. Among other problems, the mushroom trees would be problematic for acquiring wood, since they don't drop it)

12. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Phantasmal Quasar

Have you ever seen those "Cartoon Characters in Real Life" or those "Cartoon Characters as Humans" type articles on sites like Dorkly? And have you ever wondered what an Agaran might look like in real life? Today, I happened across the "Death Cap HD" G2F character on DAZ3d.com and it struck me, "Now that's what an Agaran would look like!" :eek:

Edit: Now that I think about it, there are also several album covers for the 'Infected Mushroom' band that have something of an Agaran resemblance.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  13. Sygnimus

Sygnimus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think they are floran parasites , as they are fungi they "eat" plants to survive , that can explain the floran being taken as prisioners , maybe they are just natural enemies . And about their existence , maybe just a universe plague, must study them more.

14. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

They don't take Florans as prisoners anymore. That was removed in the last update. And not all fungi eat plants to survive. In fact, some fungi can be beneficial to the growth of plants (i.e, a plant-root association).

Chrillzilla likes this.
  15. megatiger78

megatiger78 Void-Bound Voyager

I bought a gun off an agaran.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    so maybe they don't want to kill us if we pay them?

16. Jack_Kéther

Jack_Kéther Scruffy Nerf-Herder

only apex and floran are focused no need to worrie human

17. megatiger78

and glitch. In the game. but not in the lore. the lore also states hyotil, and I forgot what else.

18. Gevouden

Gevouden Big Damn Hero

Playing a human, an Agaran just said to me " Haha , tentcrush no weep meat". Seems like they are aware of the tentacle and what happened to earth.

19. megatiger78

we knew this already.

The Squid likes this.
  20. ToxicFury

ToxicFury Space Hobo

Clankbeast = Glitch

Hairthing = Apex

Squishfish = Hylotl

Plant = Floran

Peck, Flap = Avian

Meat = Human