1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Community The Agaran Menace

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Razey, Jan 30, 2014.

?

The Agarans: Menace or Misunderstood?

1. Menace

414 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Misunderstood

333 vote(s)
    12.4%
  3. Mushrooms

623 vote(s)
    23.2%
  4. Malevolent, Menacing, Misunderstood Mushrooms

1,319 vote(s)
    49.1%
  1. GET FUNKED

GET FUNKED Poptop Tamer

Oh, I remember finding one of those before the last wipe, I took it back to my base and placed it outside my Floran treehouse. Not that I really thought about what might happen to it, but eh. I could blow it up in a second if something had have happened. :mwahaha:

The Squid likes this.
  2. Divoratore

Divoratore Void-Bound Voyager

So,we found two parasitic...Things.The agarans,and the Erchius Horror.Maybe they have a connection-What if there is a third organism-a virus,maybe-that lives in drysap,and turns florans in agarans?Maybe one of these parasites got in the crystals somehow,and then,well...It became bigger.(Also,if anyone still wants to decorate with pods,they ARE in the game.Just,one can't find them without cheating.)

3. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Ugh; I see that the forums decided I didn't need notifications from this thread again. I see that I've been out of the loop for a while. I'm not going to try to figure out what you guys discussed here while I was gone; I'll just ask questions and observe if/when any new info comes out that requires knowledge of the stuff you guys have figured out.
    From the most recent posts, though, I can see that the stable update has brought some nice room for speculation. :D

4. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Basically, all you missed is that the Agarans got new heads. But the question is, are they actually Agarans? OR ARE THEY FLORAN IMPOSTERS???

5. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

Because the devs didn't like the old ones probably

6. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Or maybe the devs are Agarans and they wanted it to be more realistic.

Breakout likes this.
  7. Mills

Mills Phantasmal Quasar

I made my Floran look like an Agaran and well yeah.. Came up with the idea that everyone calls him a Floran still cuz they don't know better.
    EDIT: Wish I could find more Agaran stuff in this update. All I found was the villages :(

The Squid likes this.
  8. Type1Ninja

Yeah, this has been the first new stuff in a very long time; and it might not even be "new stuff" so much as it is aesthetic changes. :(
    I'm going to make a post in the next blog post asking about whether this has been abandoned, I think.

9. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

There was still that message on one of the outpost consoles, I think, the one where your character sees Agaran on the screen...

10. Type1Ninja

Huh. Still, that's a very small thing compared to the rest of the update. I'm still going to ask. :rofl:

11. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Wait, what? When did that happen?

12. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

upload_2015-2-15_14-24-19.png

The Squid and Mills like this.
  13. Type1Ninja

... It happened in the latest stable update. Duh.
    ;)

The Squid likes this.
  14. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Ah. Never saw that.

15. Shydragon

Shydragon Subatomic Cosmonaut

My human spoke with some Agarans, and though it was in the Agaran language, I believe that I can somewhat decode it.

"Meat hoom! Enjoy house choka smashroom?"
    From what I've heard of the Agaran language, "meat" means "human" and "hoom" is a greeting. "enjoy" and "house" are probably the same as our language, especially since the translator will occasionally say that there was an error when talking to Agarans, so this probably means that the Agaran language is partially translated. I can't tell what "choka smashroom" means though.
    This particular phrase probably translates to something like "Hello human! Do you like my house (something something)?"

"Halhalhoom! Tentacrush weepa no meat."
    "Halhalhoom" probably is a longer, more formal greeting. The second part is a lot more interesting. "Tentacrush" likely refers to the tentacle monster that destroyed Earth. I can't tell what "weepa" means, but "no meat" likely refers to how there are very few humans in the galaxy.
    So this probably translates to something like "Greetings! Tentacle monster (something) there are no humans."

"Hoomah! Mesti hop smashroom danger!"
    "Hoomah" is probably another greeting. No clue what "mesti'" means, but "hop" probably refers to some sort of movement, in this case it probably means "come here". "Smashroom" probably refers to a part of the house now that I have more context. "Danger" means, of course, danger.
    So from what I can tell this means something like "Hey! (something) come in my house, there is danger!"

In conclusion, Agarans are friendly to humans, but somehow they know about the tentacle monster destroying Earth even though the language barrier would likely stop them from hearing the news unless someone translated it for them.

Is anyone interested in translating what they say to other races?

16. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

There used to be a thread for translating the agaran language...

17. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

They also talk about Giant Hairthing (Big Ape). And Kluex. Clearly they know alot about the other races.

Also, I was in a Floran dungeon and one of the statues was described as "looking almost alive..."
    WAS THAT A FLORAN DEPRIVED OF DRYSAP? :saywhat:
    Or maybe it was just a realistic statue...

Type1Ninja likes this.
  18. Crypt_210

Crypt_210 Big Damn Hero

mushroooooms the great all roooounderrr!!

i like mine raw fresh right from the ground.
    still alive when i mangle their poor bodies within my mouth

19. Type1Ninja

That could very well be.
    It also isn't necessarily related to the Agarans :rofl:
    I realize there has been some discussion about the relation between Drysap and Agarans, but nothing even close to conclusive.

The Squid likes this.
  20. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

Examine it as a glitch. You'll learn that a hylotl was encased in the statue alive. That's where the description comes from.