[tEXI] The Explorers Initative

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by ZackTheGreat, Jul 23, 2013.

1. ZackTheGreat

ZackTheGreat Space Penguin Leader

[​IMG]
    Exploration focused non-PVP faction
    Greetings and salutations. We are the Explorers Initiative, a clan primarily focused on charting the cosmos that is the universe of Starbound. This clan's ultimate goal is to discover and record planets and their primary features such as inhabitants, physical features, biosphere features, and resources the planet contains. These finding shall be reported to the Starbound Wiki for all other clans and independents to acquire.
    If you have a thirst for adventure, you have come to the right place. When you join our clan you become part of a greater good that will benefit everyone playing and you get to see far off places that most people wouldn't be able to ever see.
    And yes, you may multi-clan. Even with PVP factions.
    [​IMG]
    As a member of this clan, you are expected to follow the following Rules of Conduct
    1. You will treat others with the utmost respect, even if they do not return respect.
    2. You shall not spoil discoveries that pertain to the main story of Starbound without consent from whom you are contacting. Discoveries containing spoilers made by the clan will be handled properly by upper levels of this clan to ensure their safe and controlled release.
    Currently there are no established "expectations", but with the additions of members I hope to establish ones that will be fair according to the input of the community.

[​IMG]
    To apply to our clan, you must submit the following application to this forum or in PM if you desire. If you post here you will know if you have been excepted though a reply post, and regardless you will receive a PM welcoming you to the clan and additional info like our current situation.
    -- Application --
    Name & Race :
    Reason for joining :
    How do you plan to contribute to the exploration of the universe? :
    -- Example Application --
    Name & Race : Bob, Human
    Reason for joining : To help discover new riches!
    How do you plan to contribute to the exploration of the universe? : By discovering planets with other clan members and sending reports to my superiors.
    [​IMG]

Leader
    Founder ZackTheGreat
    The role of Leader is to organize the various systems to ensure proper reporting, as well as to create optional order missions to be conducted.
    Executive Secretary
    -- [ POSITION OPEN ] --
    The role of Executive Secretary is to take temporary leadership in events the Leader is busy or is unable to attend. May also create optional order missions.
    Admirals
    -- [ 4 POSITIONS OPEN ] --
    The role of Admiral is to lead large expeditions with Explorers to embark on. Any admiral may be elected by majority of admirals to take temporary leadership in events the Leader and Executive Secretary is busy or is unable to attend.
    Explorers
    -- [ MANY POSITIONS OPEN! ] --
    Explorers are the most basic position and everyone starts out here. Explorers conduct their own exploration missions at will and can execute requested orders.

Notice: Though it is recommended that nearly all data be collected on exploration missions, you may still explore and report discoveries without a party.

[​IMG]
    We have a clan banner for members! Here it is if you want to use it:
    [​IMG]
    I am currently trying to figure out a way for clans & independents to commission an exploration mission. We will have to wait and see what the future foretells.
    There will be a website for the clan soon! It'll be a few days to create.
    I will also open up donations for a possible dedicated server for our exploration needs and to perhaps build our own base! This wont be for a while yet.
    Lastly: This is a new Clan so I'm currently working out the details about how exploring will be organized. Please give suggestions if you have any!

2. ZackTheGreat

I have updated the rules to make the clan more open (and seem less overly-structured) and to invite new members to join and help shape the clan to its fullest potential! See you in space!

3. SPARTEN1337 X13

SPARTEN1337 X13 Big Damn Hero

-- Application --
    Name & Race :Sparten,Apex
    Reason for joining :for knowalage
    How do you plan to contribute to the exploration of the universe? :by leading a team into the biggest black holes and the deepest cave to recover information
    Position apllying for:Admiral
    also regarding missions I sugest we have teams of 10, and 15(leaders not included) The Admirals would each lead one team and possibly have luitenets to lead the smaller misions(i'm thinking 12-ish)of about 5 people, so that would allow for aproxitmaly for 110 explorers

4. ZackTheGreat

Welcome to the initiative, Admiral Sparten! I'm glad my efforts of making this post did not go unnoticed! My original intent was to have a luitenet class named "Captain" after Admiral but I dropped the idea due to making the Initiative more appealing in its structure. When the member count exceeds the capacity of Admirals (say for example its just you and we have 20 people as Explorers and we need a way to subdivide the members), but until then it will just be you and me Admiral. Though I admire your charisma, we are going to be needing it!

I also suggest that we have a flexible range of members 'recommended' for exploration missions such as large parties including Admirals be about 8-15 and smaller parties be 2-7 (numbers not including commanding officer). (Recommended as in the party can be more or less (if not less than 2) by the Admiral's approval as flexibility is key, we don't want a "Oh we are short just one person looks like we have to cancel :( ) Also we should not strictly enforce with an iron grip to always explore with a party, though we should incentive it. I can imagine a few people wanting to have a structure to report findings on but not too much of a multiplayer person joining.

Edit: Oh I should make mention that individual exploration is supported, not recommended but supported. (Flexibility like if a member discovers a world in their Single Player they want to record, etc.)

SPARTEN1337 X13 likes this.
  5. SPARTEN1337 X13

me? charismatic? I'm the most cynical, sarcasitic, pessimestic people on the plaenet, and that's putting it lightly:sarcasm:. I have only have freinds who are as jokeingly as cruel and sarcastic as me and can stand it, I am anything BUT charasmatic, early-ier that was just me being formal.
    Altough I am a the best tacticition the world has every known! Did I mention I was modest?

6. SPARTEN1337 X13

I herby activate my great thread NECROMANCY powers!:zombie:

7. SPARTEN1337 X13

I think this thread is dead beyond even my powers...