1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Terraformed Moons Appear Incorrectly from a Neighbor Planet's Surface

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Laike_Endaril, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Laike_Endaril

Laike_Endaril Space Hobo

For me, this occurred with terraformed moons, though I assume the same will happen with planets (will test soon). EDIT: Tested, planets have the same issue.

I found a planet grouping with 1 actual planet and 2 moons. I terraformed the 2 moons (one to ice, the other to dark; black and white) with the intention of making the actual planet my homeworld and having a black and white moon visible in its sky, but the moons have kept their original appearance when viewed from the planet's surface.

It is worth noting that the moons have the correct appearance (ice and dark) when viewed from the ship (while orbiting the actual planet in the group). It may be a good idea to use the same code for that part* of the background on both the ship and the planet surface.

* Specifically the part of the code that draws the moons and planets, not the parts that draw the sun and parallax (while on the surface) or the parts that draw the surface of the orbited planet (while on the ship)

Moons from ship: Terraformed Moons from Ship.png
    Moons from planet surface (actually from very, very high in the sky on planet, for better view):
    Terraformed Moons from Surface.png

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017