1. Hey Guest! We've announced our new game Wargroove, check out the new forums!
    Dismiss Notice

Chat Ten facts about you!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Surenu, Jan 2, 2017.

1. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Black Hole Surfer

1. I have the name MilkCalf because I'm a big fan of milk and drink a lot of it jut like a calf would. I love most dairy products but plain milk is the best.
    2. I am very introverted and shy. I tend to be very cautious and go by the 'slow and steady wins the race' rule, though I can sometimes be confident enough to be more chaotic or random.
    3. I am quite emotional. I used to get in trouble for (trying to) attacking my bullies before I got my rage under control. Treat me well and I will support and protect you, espesially if you call me a friend, but if you act like that 'Umadbro' ninga guy I will rise a shitstorm. I have been referred to as a crybaby/whiny bitch, and I don't exactly deny that.
    4. I'm self-centered and sometimes can't understand other people. It's easy to classify me as a loner, though I've recently made an effort to make friends.
    5. While I'm not exactly stress free and still live with my parents, I still like to think of myself as a free spirit. I hate orders, don't follow trends and don't much care about my gender.
    6. Sometimes, particularly IRL, I act all tough and pretend that nothing people say to me can hurt me. (You couldn't be more wrong.) It has damaged some of my relationswith people and have been called a douche.
    7. I have a little brother who I have always been very close with. He's no longer my trooper and I sometimes miss that, but realisticly; he's goin to places. He a really great singer, can rap and play both guitar and bass. He even has a keyboard that he is yet to learn to use. I might be too confident of him 'cause he's my brother but I genuinly think he will become famous.
    8. I love animals. When I was born, my parents already had two cats, a mother and a daughter. Plus all the other children that where sold. Well of course they died. I mean they where already adults when I was born. Then we got a dog to keep me company. She was mostly my responsibility and I'm kinda like a parent to her (a bit unresponsible parent that often sent their kid to their parents but still). Our mom is more of a cat person so we ended up buying a new cat. Having both a cat and dog is a dream come true for me, even though I'm a little jealous that the cat likes mom more than me.
    9. I am an atheist. and a realist. I believe this combo allows me to see this world quite clearly. Religions don't really suply proof and thus I don't believe in them.
    10. I'm a dreamer. If there's one place I'm at home at it's gotta be my own head. I often zone out and either think philosophically about morals, religions, etc. or create little stories in my head about fantasy, the supernatural, superpowers and the like.
    (Not done yet so screw the 10 part rule)
    11. GAMES! Those I like. I enjoy fantasy, supernatural and superpower games. A silent strike from behind, a well timed blow or just being plain immortal and using forces of nature. Those are the experienses I want. TV series', movies and literature are great too.
    12. I'm a bit of a jester at times as I love to crack a joke. Puns are my speciality.

Well that got a bit out of hand, but it was fun and therapeutic.

2. Surenu

Surenu Spaceman Spiff

MilkCalf likes this.
  3. BlueShard

BlueShard Big Damn Hero

10 facts about me

1: I am -Redacted- years old
    2: I don't like revealing facts about myself
    3: I have thirteen immediately related cousins, and just part my family tree stretches around three walls of a medium sized building.
    4: 300-500 page books only last me two days.
    5: I like archery, a lot.
    6: MUSIC!!!
    7: I was born in Innisfail, a tiny town just below Cairns that's only feature is absolutely incredibly foliage and amazing mountains, and sugar cane. And rain, and heat, and humidity, and Mosquitos, hundreds of them. Flies, toads, bugs of all sizes, and cane, did I mention cane, more cane, and just a bit more cane, don't forget cane.
    8: I'm very lightly sadistic.
    9: When I was younger, I had such bad buck teeth that x-rays of my skull didn't look human.
    10: I have a mind for maths.

Pangaea and Surenu like this.
  4. Charlatan

Charlatan Spaceman Spiff

Lots of serious things here, let me try and give 10 more which might be amusingly weird:

1. The moment I am probably most proud of is when one new years eve, in a "war" with the neighbors I casually tilted my head aside as a rocket flew right over my shoulder and exploded 1 meter behind me
    2. One new years eve my t-shirt caught fire (just a bit, modern clothes don't burn that easily)
    3. One new years eve I broke a toe due to a dropped cracker
    4. One new years eve I made a mistake and a cracker exploded right before my face, luckily I still wore glasses then
    5. One new years eve I accidentally picked the super-fast military-grade fuse in the dark, a rocket exploded about 40cm before my face, my hair and beard was a bit charred :p
    6. Every single of those new years eves, I wasn't injured at all, only harmless stuff.
    7. Drunken idiots near me once put a cracker in a wine bottle in the middle of a New Years Eve gathering, it would have been like a little fragment bomb. Luckily I knew and threw it away. They never acknowledged a 12-year-old might have spared them the hospital.
    8. I somehow keep getting into situations where people should be seriously hurt but somehow I get out unscathed.
    9. I once wanted to help a wildcat and brought it to a veterinarian. It freaking demolished the whole place, seriously.
    10. I usually refuse to use tutorials or guides when I learn about modding or art, commonly, I get called stupid for doing so :p

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    Pangaea, MilkCalf and Surenu like this.
  5. Surenu

Surenu Spaceman Spiff

Remind me not to celebrate the new year with you :D

MilkCalf likes this.
  6. Charlatan

Charlatan Spaceman Spiff

lmao okay, tho this one is not funny.

11. I stopped celebrating NYE and my crazy, self-taught pyrotech when I realized I once carried nothing short of a fragmentation pipe-bomb in a situation where it COULD POSSIBLY have gone off near my friends, and I swore to myself I would only ever endanger my own, not them

Surenu likes this.
  7. BlueShard

BlueShard Big Damn Hero

(1) Stop repeating my life.
    (2) "Wouldn't be so secretive," although I do somewhat kind of understand a little of what this means, it would be nice if you could please grammar ((yes, that was intentional))

Surenu likes this.
  8. Surenu

Surenu Spaceman Spiff

After Afghanistan, a former comrade of mine actually mananged to somehow smuggle a training grenade to our NYE party. Good thing I never unlearned how to quickly dive into cover, because this guy's always been horrible with grenades.

EDIT: Spelling

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  9. MilkCalf

Oh god. Why is everyone almost getting blown up at NYE? I have a story like that myself. Some people where firing a rocket when it fell over and flew towards our family. Luckily, it didn't go near anyone of us exept me. I didn't see how close it got because I immeduately turned away. A very small part of my coat got charred but I got no injury.

Surenu likes this.
  10. Surenu

Surenu Spaceman Spiff

I'd wager lots of drunk people with access to explosives. Some just have access to better/worse (depending on your perception of the matter) explosives :D

MilkCalf likes this.
  11. MilkCalf

I have more stuff to share.
    13. I have a great balance. I hardly trip and when I'm about to I almost always stop myself with either hands or feet. I call it 'an overfunctioning survival sense'. It's quite annoying if I try to learn to use balance requiring "vehicles" like scateboards as I keep steoping of it when I'm about to fall and not try to turn it.
    14. I have never learned to drive a bisycle. Yes I know embarrashing but I can't learn it anymore because if 13.
    15. I have some weird way of walking. I also make a ton of noice when I walk. My parents say that I sound like I'm super fat, but I'm very skinny. I think I must stand in a way that distributes a lot of weight across my feet.

Pangaea and Surenu like this.
  12. Surenu

Surenu Spaceman Spiff

That's actually pretty interesting because I walk rather silently and trip all the time. Maybe there's a correlation?

MilkCalf likes this.
  13. MilkCalf

That truly is interresting. I actually want to learn to sneak so this helps.

Surenu likes this.
  14. Surenu

Surenu Spaceman Spiff

It's hard to explain in a different language, but roll off your feet very carefully. Depending on the ground and the shoes you're wearing, sneaking may be easier or more difficult (boots + gravel, basically impossible). In such cases, move slowly and make sure that whatever gear you're wearing doesn't generate too much noise. When in doubt, tape it to yourself.

I also shouldn't say this actually, because someone will take it out of context, but spread your legs: Your pants will generate a lot of noise when the individual legs are rubbing against each other.

MilkCalf likes this.
  15. MilkCalf

I already read a little. I probably should watch some youtube videos so I csn visualise it. By "roll off your feet" you mean put the back of the foot first and front after, right? I've also heard that on gravel you should put your feet right sfter each other as a line and carefully remove weight from behind to the front. (Kinda like a rolling wheel) and to run on your toes if you have to run.

16. Surenu

Surenu Spaceman Spiff

Correct.
    Also correct, though it's next to impossible to move without noise on gravel. Sneaking is all about minimizing noise, but almost never about removing it.

Of course, someone with a black belt in ninjutsu will disagree, but take it from someone with actual combat experience.

MilkCalf likes this.
  17. Charlatan

Charlatan Spaceman Spiff

wtf I was away a minute suddenly milk calf and surenu are exploding and fantastically fat

EDIT: I knew people with more than a black belt in Ninjutsu and they would not disagree, tho we did, every time, during training runs to warm up, try to run on the cushioned dojo floor while trying not to produce noise.

However, no offense to your real combat experience but most people simply cannot imagine how surreal ninjutsu can seem.

A place 30m to the east has a guy who weights about 130-140 kilos and who can easily do backflips and similar and land on his feet.
    One in the dojo went to the military early, he obliterated the instructor tho he was barely adult, 20 years younger, half the weight, half the size.
    The best of us was not the sensei, but a guy who was simply hardcore but didn't wanna bother learning japanese so he didn't have more than a few belts.
    There's actually techniques about climbing 90° walls.
    A method of advanced training there is about sparring with unarmed techniques while intentionally wearing extremely inconvenient sandals on slippery ice surfaces.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    Pangaea, MilkCalf and Surenu like this.
  18. Surenu

Surenu Spaceman Spiff

To be fair, I only served around two years, and my unit usually came into action when stealth was entirely optional :D

19. Charlatan

Charlatan Spaceman Spiff

I might be prejudiced here anyway.

12. I once hung around with a bunch of americans who all served in the army. One day in teamspeak the mood was awfully low. One explained how his service will force him to move back to a certain place in afghanistan.

Everyone was solemn, and gave him condolences.

Turned out everyone was sorry for him only because the aircraft carrier he has to move to has horribly bad WLAN / WIFI....

MilkCalf, Surenu and Arra like this.
  20. MilkCalf

That's cool. I used to train aikido but quickly tired of it. Could be that I didn't like the social aspect, what with throwing each other to the floor and seeing everyone try to get a different belt. I doubt i even got a belt. (Not counting white of course.)