Chat Tell Us Your Troubles Thread - advice & friendly chats

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BloodyFingers, Oct 22, 2013.

1. DrChemistry

DrChemistry Subatomic Cosmonaut

I've had some problems myself with depression. I get really sad really really fast. It's almost become a normal thing for me. One day i'm having the best day of my life the next it's horrible sad self loathing 24 hours a day.

2. DrChemistry

I find that listening to others problems really helps with the depression, i think we all should do something nice for someone it might help us in the long run

Farathil likes this.
  3. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

I have slight OCD? I guess. It does me more good than bad though.

4. DrChemistry

That's a great step to improvement. Using your flaws to your advantage. If you could call it a flaw that is.

5. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

They're not really flaws in my book, I mean it keeps me clean and organized so I don't have a problem with it.

6. DrChemistry

I noticed OCD always goes next to Depression. It's strange

Farathil likes this.
  7. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

Well... I've never been depressed about it. Maybe slightly inconvenienced from time to time though.

8. DrChemistry

Well thats good :)

9. GyP211

GyP211 Phantasmal Quasar

I have hallucinations regularly, i have paranoia about people watching me, touching me, and even talking to me. it's hard for me to socialize with people in the real world so i usually avoid people at all costs, my parents hate me and think I'm the devil, I don't sleep a lot and that's only a small fraction of my problems and definitely not the worst.

10. DrChemistry

Sounds like you may need medication friend.

GyP211 and Evangelion like this.
  11. Mr. Mistah

Mr. Mistah Phantasmal Quasar

I think I have ADHD (inattentive).

It all started at middle school, at first I was one of the smartest in class and always did my best. However as the years gone by, I started to slack off in getting my assignments done and my parents really got on that. I thought it was nothing and that I simply needed to pay more attention and put more effort into my work. Near the end of middle school things started to get much worse. I still had a hard time staying focused and getting my assignments, every now and then my dad gets pissed at me and asks me why I'm not doing my work, but I'm not sure, so he just gets even more mad at me. Many times I get alone and use it to make self reflections to find the issue and the solution to it. I tried using music (upbeat and chilled), eat some candy or drink a soda to get some energy, I tried using every bit of brainpower to stay focused on my work but its the same result. I end up feeling drained or I find myself goofing off. Not only that, but sometimes when I'm told to do something, I instead wander off into my imagination or I just forget about what I was assigned to do and just goof off again. I'm thinking its ADHD and I want to talk to my parents about it but I'm too scared, and I don't want to take any medication cause I might end up getting addicted to it and get screwed up.

any advice?

12. DrChemistry

You shouldn't eat candy and drink soda for energy. What you should do is eat healthier and exercise sometimes, you'll feel more alert and probably be able to stay focused. I assume you're in the 15-18 range? It's normal to feel some apathy about assignments. I know because i was a huge procrastinator when i was a teen. You might also not be sleeping enough, try sleeping a bit earlier than usual it might help you stay alert. Don't be afraid to talk to your parents, they won't judge you they want to help you. Ask them to at least take you to the doctors to get evaluated to see if you actually have ADHD. And even if you do have it, pills aren't the only solution. Use some the things i mentioned and it's bound to do some positive things

Mr. Mistah likes this.
  13. Mr. Mistah

Mr. Mistah Phantasmal Quasar

Thanks I'll try that out.

And yes I am 15

DrChemistry and Farathil like this.
  14. DrChemistry

Theres a big possibility that you'll grow out of it as you grow and mature

Mr. Mistah likes this.
  15. Farathil

Farathil Spaceman Spiff

Alright let me get all my ducks in a row. :V:V:V

I have ADD (I think I have a miniscule amount of) OCD, dysgraphia, Dyscalculia, a weird form of Tourretes syndrome(not the verbal ones), and Depression. Not to mention I am also socially awkward/introverted, and I have what my psychologists called superman syndrome.
    ADD=Attention Deficit Disorder Dysgraphia=Disability to write properly Dyscalculia=Inability to comprehend arithmetic.
    Superman syndrome is basically a form of depression where I take on the worlds problems on myself, therefore leaving me feeling like a hopeless stupid bastard. I also just have normal depression. Where I just think too much and obsess on things out of my control, or things that I should have done better. That also leaves me with lack of sleep.
    Education wise my two disorders let me have a few perks (Having a calculator, having a word processor/computer) which starting from middle school I was bullied for saying what I had didn't exist or that I was just stupid. Still now I do suffer with my writing and my arithmetic skills, yet I still like to consider myself a writer/hobbyist despite people saying my writing was horrid.
    Socially I was bullied since Kindergarten until I left the normal school system at freshman year due to fighting other peoples problems(AKA bullies), now I just don't really have any friends.
    My romantic life was little to nothing, unless you count the girl who went out with me and used me for a week. I also find myself (don't laugh:unsure:) very unattractive. Physically and personality wise.
    The only really perks I get every day is a video game to take the mind off of things, getting on this forum to actually socialize with people who I have common interests with, my writings/novel and my music. I may seem like a really happy chill person on the forums, but irl I am a super quiet thinker torturing himself in his mind.
    I really appreciate talking to you ladies and gents on the forums, especially this thread.
    So I guess a thanks are in order.:love:

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
    DrChemistry likes this.
  16. DrChemistry

Well Fara there's always volunteer work. I mean considering the syndrome means you take the worlds problems wouldn't sort of helping out the community make you feel better? I would definitely suggest therapy too though. It sucks being alone, sometimes we just need someone to talk to who will just listen. Also you need to come out of your shell a little more buddy. I know it seems hard making friends because you feel so worthless but if you really try to be a bit more socially open in public some times it'll be easier for you to go up and talk to people. You hang in there.

17. Farathil

Farathil Spaceman Spiff

:) Thanks! I volunteer regularly for Boy scout stuffs. I try to be outgoing, but I live in a small town. There isn't really any places to meet new people at. Also the worlds problems could be any friend having a problem, and I take it upon myself to worry about it. Kinda lame.

18. DrChemistry

It's not lame, i think it's kind of chivalrous to care about your friends that much

Lavranzo and Farathil like this.
  19. beebot83

beebot83 Big Damn Hero

School has always been hard for me, probably because of my ADD. In 1st and 2nd grade I was the smartest kid in the class, but I guess my life started on this downhill slope in 3rd grade. In 3rd grade one kid physically and verbally abused me to tears every day, I told the teacher, but she wouldn't do anything about it. In 4th grade, my parents moved me to a new (private) school, but it didn't help. As my psychologist says "In public school you get some jerks, in private schools you get some jerks who have money". In the next few years I physically harmed myself, bolted from class, even hit another children, and I wish I could take it all back. Now here I am, one year away from high-school, and I can't say my life is currently the prettiest picture, my mother is struggling with an illness, my friends are leagues ahead of me in terms of intelligence(They know calculus at 13-14), and waiting for that "aha!" moment in art isn't that comfortable either.
    Thanks for putting up with my lack of comfort.
    -Beebot83

Bonabopn and Farathil like this.
  20. DrChemistry

Firstly, you are clearly one the maturest 8th graders i know so you should pat yourself on the back and secondly when you get to high school things will be a lot different. It's basically a clean slate, everyone is that new kid who doesn't know anybody in that building. The best thing you can do is be supportive for your mom and accept that here will always be someone a little bit smarter and better than you at things. But it doesn't mean that your friends think any less of you.

Farathil likes this.