Chat Tell Us Your Troubles Thread - advice & friendly chats

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BloodyFingers, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

I think it's time for me to spill my guts again. Lately I've been really down. A lot has happened to contribute to that. I went to a dentist and found out I have a bunch of exposed nerve all over my mouth and that it'll be super expensive to fix it. My only source of income was donating plasma, but I got deffered for 8 weeks because twice in the span of four weeks they removed some of my blood and couldn't put it back in for some reason. There goes all my plans for Christmas presents. That particular day was one hell of a day too as I felt I had just wasted everyone's time.
    On top of that, for the last few weeks I've been playing video games with a friend of mine just about every day. Mostly sandbox games like terraria, starbound, and minecraft. But we have radically different playstyles. I love progression and doing things "The right way" As it were. He likes to cheat in end-tier items and just wreck everything. We made an agreement to meet halfway which more or less meant adding a bundle of mods to any game we played that made it less grindy. The problem was that every time we played we would just kind of wander off and do our own thing and not really be playing together and then he'd get bored and leave.
    Then there's minecraft, minecraft was a different story. I had never dived into modded minecraft before so I wanted to start slow with just a few mods. He was impatient and before every session of gameplay we'd argue for 10-20 minutes over what new mods to add. Even after we agreed on stuff, he'd still beg me to add mods or change configs while we were playing. Basically he'd push and push and push until I finally pushed back. At that point he'd get depressed and I'd get grumpy and subsequently depressed cause I feel like i hurt him. That has happened to me several times over that last few weeks.
    Eventaully, a couple days ago I worked up the courage to tell him I didn't think we should play sandbox games anymore. We had a short discussion that led to him going offline and not talking to me again until this morning. Last night I had tried to play some games with my best friend of over 10 years (Not the same person I was talking about before) but the power in my room kept going out. This has happened for several nights in a row as well, and the thing is, my bedroom light will still be on, just anything and everything that's plugged into anything suddenly loses power and then doesn't turn back on for 10 minutes or so. Basically once I got it to a point where it was stable, my friend had moved on to playing heroes of the storm.

TL|DR, I feel abandoned, bullied, and depressed.

2. Killerhurtz

Killerhurtz Poptop Tamer

Eh, might as well post here.

Probably have been the victim of depression since I was 8. Maybe earlier, there's actually 3 different events I could pinpoint as being a possible seed for it. I'm pretty sure that getting pulled out of kindergarten for a day (it was September 5th. That's how much I remember it) by my father to get clothes I didn't like, shoes that hurt my feet (more on that later) and a haircut I absolutely hated to attend the funeral of a grandfather I never knew to watch people I also didn't really know cry over a tomb while I was waiting in the car didn't help... I'm not diagnosed though, so it could be something else completely - maybe anxiety, maybe some other mental problem. I'm not feeling too hot most of the time, point is.

While growing up, my father may have been abusive. I'm reluctant to call it abuse, but my memories are mostly negative. When he was not just an idiot (like the time he almost killed me by carrying me on his shoulder while headed straight for a helicopter to take a ride), he was generally absent. Until I did something wrong, that is. I recall at least 4 times before my teens where I was at least scared shitless, if not hurt. One of those times I always remember as "the friday". I don't remember what I did - I was in first grade, back then - but I sure as hell remember my father spanking my back (because spanking the butt of a little boy is gay or something I don't know) so hard I couldn't move, my mother ended up carrying me to my bed and applying clay to try and limit the damage (I'm still sensitive to that spot today). Or the time he ripped one of my favorite vests to try and catch me, or the time where I hung onto the bottom of my bed frame hard enough that he decided that "I would be on my own" (which ended up being positive, as this is the last instance of attempted/successful bodily punishment). He also LOVED to shut down the computer I was using (by pressing the power button) when I didn't do what he wanted. Of course, he'd make it up for me on birthdays and christmas by buying so many gifts we couldn't open them in a single day (at least while he had a job - more on that later). But in the end it did no good - most of these toys were used only once at best, then were left in my basement in huge chests that little old me could not open - because they were stacked to the ceiling. Of course, since I couldn't access them, my father took it as "I don't play with them" and so one day forced me to choose which toys I would keep - no more than a chest's worth (for reference, I'm talking about tote chests. It was one chest out of the... I want to say sixteen totes of toys I had stacked in the basement). But that was a go-to thing - when I didn't do what he wanted, like got bad grades or didn't go play outside, he'd threaten me by saying he'd take away my things (I still have ownership and hoarding issues today because of this - there's not that much that I dare to call mine, especially not involving computers, but when I do get around to calling something mine, I have a hard time getting rid of it).

He was never good at getting things for other people though (and was incredibly shit at budgeting). There was a lot of projection in what he gave - and a poor shoe fit, combined with his loss of job, means to this day I still have... It's not an ingrown toenail. It's more like overgrown toe skin. Point is, I have a point where my toenail bites into my skin, even 14 years later.

Talking about job loss - all of this was when he worked. Big sysadmin, and to his credit, taught me a lot of what I know today, hardware-wise (and also why I know, and have experience in Linux). But after his last big contract - because that's a thing he did - work a contract, then apply for unemployment and ride that money for a one or two month vacation before catching the next contract... But you can probably guess. One day, the next contract never came. And then unemployment payment ran out. He applied for welfare - but that didn't stop him from being the biggest parasite of a person since that day. He kept most, if not all of his welfare money for himself (in a family of four, with the only other person capable of bringing revenue was my mother through welfare - two children cost a lot, y'know), and sold cannabis on the side for even more personal spending money. On top of that, we paid for his cigarettes (mostly - because back then, my mother smoked too), and for the food. And GOD FORBID we ran out of one of these six things: bread, butter, peanut butter, milk, coffee, sugar. Getting cereal was out of the question, too - even if it was supposed to be for our breakfast, he still ate at least three quarters out of every box we bought - except if it was corn flakes. If it was corn flakes, it was closer to 100% for as long as it lasted (usually three days, even for the big family packs). On top of that, since he wasn't working, he had a lot of spare time to pressure me and my little sibling to perform well at school. We took it different ways - I sacrificed most, if not all of my social life before my senior year of high school to studies, while my sibling just... couldn't take it, it affected their social life, and they eventually just dropped out of high school.

So yes - I sacrificed my social life to learning, and to this day there's only three friends I've known for more than 5 years (two of which I've never met in real life, because one of them was met through a roleplaying community when I was 12, the other was met through online videogames - Halo Custom Edition most notably). Losing contact with one of them, too, because we're growing distant - I have only vague interests, and even those interests don't line up with his. And yes because someone will inevitably ask, this does make me a kissless virgin, so let's get that out of the way right now.

But yeah - it took until I was about sixteen until my mother finally put her foot down and curbed his habits, and he didn't leave my life until I was 19 (22 now). The household is still on the way up of fixing the financial damage he did.

I thought all would be well after that. It had to be, right? Nope! I must have been horrifyingly cruel to puppies in a previous life. Around my 19th birthday, teeth rot made itself apparent, another thing my father left me. Fortunately by then I had a job with dental insurance - but it still got us a good hundred dollars down. Money troubles continued this way, with every spring (around my birthday) noting a significant dip. 19th birthday was my teeth, 20th birthday was almost losing my mom (once) to hormones trouble, 21st birthday was AGAIN losing my mom (this time to some fucked up heart problem - somehow, cholesterol accumulated NOWHERE in her bloodstream but at the edge of the heart's arteries - a quadruple-bypass surgery later and her circulatory system was described as "perfectly healthy"). 22nd birthday, this year, had a good one in reserve - right before I was scheduled to move, I was laid off my job.

We still managed, though. It put us in deep deep shit, but we managed. Except that things STILL aren't well.

Enter my grandmother. She's basically almost as bad as my father - less teeth, but more psychological trouble. She literally refuses to live without 14-grain bread and butter (at least she pays for those). And even then - she refuses to cook herself anything more complex than ramen noodles (which she sometimes forget water is boiling because, despite what a lifetime of cooking for children should have instilled in her, she leaves the water boiling and goes back to her computer to pass time), and will constantly nag me and my sibling when we're making ourselves food (for context, I am currently living with my mother, sibling and grandmother) asking if we're making a meal, which personally drove me off cooking in general (my mother and sibling make most meals). On top of that - it felt nice to not be exposed to cigarette smoke for a few years - between the departure of my father and now. But she smokes, and that's also exasperating. She also insists on having her OWN set of laundry detergent and softener, and insists on washing in hot water (which rises the costs of living, which she doesn't really cover because all she pays outside of reluctant loans when we're in trouble is about a quarter of the rent, since we're now four adults here - all the rest is personal spending money). We also pay more in dishwashing soap because she doesn't like the less expensive stuff for some reason. Did I mention she has a dog? I hate it with a passion (it's one of the few things I feel nowadays, beyond crushing loneliness, despair, frustration at not being able to do things and the few times where I'm distracted enough on something interesting to feel exhilarated - but those moments are rare, there hasn't been one in three months now) because one, it's a territorial little bitch that LOVES to try her limits by stepping into other people's rooms (which she's not allowed). She also loves to terrorize our cats, to the point where our most social one is now a quiet, discreet cat. And of course, my grandma's old - so one of the downsides of her not being able to do anything (that isn't the downside that we need to do everything she can't do, like installing more lights because she basically doesn't want to live in a room where it's not perpetually daylight except when she's going to sleep) is that she never trained the dog to go for walks, instead relying on training piss-pads for everything. And for some god-forsaken reason she thought right in front of my room was the best place to put one of them, so my room regularly reeks of dog piss.

So here I am. Depressingly lonely, depressingly broke, with no means to get away from everything that pisses me off, a hoarding and ownership problem, also struggling with what is technically a computer addiction (which stems from a nervousness at not using my computer, because my brain is still hardwired on "if I don't use it now, there's no telling if you'll be able to use it later" because of my father's actions), bad teeth, a bad toe, generally bad health (because a genetic trouble shut down some glands in my brain that makes 90% of the glands in my body not work - I have to take 3 pills a day just to stay alive, plus one pill every week because I don't get enough sun because I honestly hate the sun, plus I was supposed to give myself one injection a week to avoid osteoporosis but the fucking container leaked - a whole goddamn year's worth of medication - and I'm not sure how the fuck I'm supposed to explain that to renew it), so dead on boredom I'm trying to mod in a species to Starbound just to have something to do. Did I mention that I'm also still running on a Core2Duo computer, with an NVidia 9800GT graphics card that A) is considered unstable by Unreal Engine which means I can't do much on that other game I wanted to do, D ) regularly crashes because of said instabilities, C) requires me to open and close one of my screens for it to work after it comes back from idleness and D) can't play 90% of the games I own because it's just so old. My network card is so very close to dying - I regularly get packet drop rates between 20% and 70%, so online play is all but impossible for me. And I have no money to replace any of this hardware.

But I'm alive and not suicidal, so yay I guess?

3. BigEaredKittens

BigEaredKittens Master Astronaut

I've been taking part in non-violent protests against USA government and oil cartels that'r looting our land and trying to murder my people. Thinknig of buying some body armor to go along with my gasmask, just i ncase the americans switch to real bullets. I expect they probably will.

I can rarely afford to get new/used clothing for myself for any season, so investing in arctic gear nad all this shit is draining my purse like crazy. $50 is a fortune when you're far below the poverty line. Can't afford to fix my shambles house and pay medical bills.

Eh, life.

4. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I'm getting sick of constantly being thrown between optimism and pessimism about the future. One day, I'll be confident that we're heading in the right direction despite distortions from pessimism and fear-mongering, and maintain that action is exponential in the face of danger. The next day, I'll remember that historically every civilization has collapsed from the same issues we face today, and fear that we're in uncharted territory in many ways with guarantees few and far between. For the sake of my sanity, I want to be able to sit back and relax, but my inner survivalist keeps assuming the worst. Adopting a middle-ground view seems most reasonable (and, going off historical trends, accurate), but some days it's easier said than done.

5. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

I've been away for some time. Read all the stories posted here since I was last here. Heavy stuff, folks. Hope you're all stilk hanging in there.

The reason why I've been away is twofold: First, as I mentioned before, my mother is going through some problems. But, uhhh... for some reason I can't recall this moment, I used the same excuse I told my boss: Mother is sick and I wanted to be there this christmas. Well, that's not the truth. But that's not to say she isn't in trouble.

No, her trouble is domestic abuse. She has moved back in with my father to try and rebuild what was once a family. Father promised her he'll change for the better, stop with the whoremongering and finally stop working himself dead and bend over backwards to pay for the whims of my sisters. Weird, huh? My mother was the inspiration behind my decision to leave that place and never look back. But I guess we all do. In the end, we all wonder if things could've been different in hindsight.
    Well, hate to say I told her so, but needless to say, all that was a load of horseshit. Father DIDN'T stop seeing his other women, even going so far as to buy an apartment for one of them. And one of my sisters got together with a thug. A thug that laid hands on my mother and almost strangled her for trying to exert her rights as one of the owner of that house. And what did my father do? Did he try to stop him? No. Ok, he's 69 years old. Not much he could do beyond screaming at him, but that's what the housemaid did and he let her go. Did he call the police? He didn't. "Don't want no trouble", he said. Even my other sister, who heard the commotion from all the way to her house, once she came knocking on the door, was sent back home. By him. Told her to "stay away". I wonder what the fuck was going through his head, but whatever it was, it allowed my mother to be physically assaulted by my second middle sister and her boyfriend for a good while. You know, the woman he swore to care for till death do they part. Can't think of anything that would excuse that behaviour.
    That, good folks, is what is threatening her life. And it is a threat still. My mother got attacked again a week after that by a trio of punks. Didn't take anything from her. Just beat her till she passed out. Even the police questioned whether she has any enemies, because that reeked of strongarming. They want mother out of there so they can boss around the house and my father's bank account with impunity. And my mother is nothing if not stubborn (got that trait from her, even). So she won't budge. And that, friends, is what worries me. Just how far are they willing to go to get rid of her?
    Thankfully, after all the physical and psychological abuse she was submitted to over there, she opened up to the idea of leaving that place once more. I am trying to encourage her to do just that. Even offered to move out of Curitiba and live with her, so she won't be alone. What pains me is that her wish to stay with my father and rebuild the family is dying along with her passion and drive that got her where she is today: an accomplished researcher and p.h.d. in Family Health.

I don't want her risking her life by devoting it to a family rotten to the core, doomed to fall apart as it did before. But to see the fire in her eyes dwindle is hard to watch as well...

oh, and the second reason is: I got fired from the company I worked for over four years. At least I can see that in a more positive light as I intend to take this chance to reevaluate what I'm going to do with my life. I am meditating on what I truly want to do. Which as a 29 years old man, is something I think I needed to figure out years ago.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  6. Kashmir

Kashmir Giant Laser Beams

Wow....just WOW.

You said your mother had breast cancer. How is the treatment going?

7. BloodyFingers

No, that's what I told the people at the company I worked for. I didn't want to let them know the kind of problems my family has. She did have surgery for another health issue but it's over already and she's fine. The problem at hand was the aforementioned fact. The reason I absolutely needed to go on vacation this month is to see to her safety and have a good, loong talk to my father about the way she has been treated there.

Oh, and forgive the many typos I made in that post. I am without glasses and couldn't proofread the damn thing.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
    Kashmir likes this.
  8. Kashmir

I must have totally misread that. I am relieved to hear she doesn't actually have cancer.

BloodyFingers likes this.
  9. BloodyFingers

You know, I may not be the best person I could be. Heck, I'm selfish, coward and lazy. But when confronted with the real possibility of success through screwing other people over, I find myself unable to take it.
    I'm a fan of the whole mafia theme. But that is not something I wish to reenact for real. I got offered a job as a restaurant manager. Something I have no experience whatsoever. And it involves dealing with people. Not something I wish to do, but if there is money involved, I guess I can give it a go. Except said dealing can get... well, unsavoury at times.
    One of the activities in the job description involves getting new customers to eat at said restaurant. The main target being nearby businesses. Some of them may have their own mess hall and kitchen. And that's where things get shady.
    I can "persuade" health inspectors, with fre meals at the restaurant of their choosing, to make regular visits at those estabilishments. Until they get a hefty fine, for something they might not even be guilty of. Then, I come back in, yellow teeth grim, offering yet another chance for them to utilize our facilities to feed their employees during lunch hour.
    The mall also takes a rent for itself, plus 5% of the earnings once it gets above a certain threshold. The prospective partner that offered me this job said it would pocket part of the money if it comes to that, in order to avoid that 5% tax.

I... I don't think I can do that kind of thing. I know commerce is a cut throat business, which is why I kept away from it until now. I can make cash by the boatloads if I do this rig-... If I do this the 'certain' way, but...

10. Kashmir

I'm like you. I would rather not have loads of money and be able to sleep at night. Free Enterprise is great, as long as it's legal. And this doesn't sound too legal. Even if it is legal in Brazil, it is totally unethical.
    If you can't do it right, good food, advertising, media build-up...then don't do it at all.

11. HueHuey

HueHuey Parsec Taste Tester

Grandfather is sick
    I have a bad feeling about this

Edit: He's OK.
    Butthole unclench

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    rhomboid likes this.
  12. BigEaredKittens

BigEaredKittens Master Astronaut

Been dealt another slight hand of broken dreams and ghostly opportunities. My attempts are gearing up for such and such fell through, finding myself swamped in medical bills, like usual. Damn welfairy wont pay my psychiatrist bill like they're supposed to.

see deez veins, in theres the ghetto blood. my grandaddy and granmommy died at 40 so i don't have high hopes. Don't know why grandpappy rand fro mthe nazis over to turtle island anyway, clearly didn't give a fuck about nothin. maybeh e hadi t rite, i dunno. I don't regret spending my paychecks on vodka and sugar snaks. Ups my mood better than fuckin ... whateverdealing with fake fuckers shit. I think HITLER they tried to kill them cuz they sucked at life

GUESS WHAT LADY, YIOU MAY"VE GOT THAT JOB BY HOING BUT YOU STILL'll get fired cuz you can't make shit worth a shit so YOU MIGHT AS WELL QUIT CUZ LOL U SUCKS HAHAAAAAA

Or... OR maybe it's just 6:00 in the morning and I'm all crazy when I haven't slept. So, now I'm making ratchet shitposts on the internet! HAHAAAAA

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  13. BloodyFingers

yeah, you really ought to sleep. I met some people here who thought sleeping wasn't worth all that much, so I've said this before and I'll say it again:

You need a clear and restful mind in order to function properly, people.

Trust me, you are not the only one here who is good at absolutely nothing. I have no idea how I managed to hold on to my previous job for four years, but I did. I did despite never finishing College. Despite not spending a minute to keep myself up to date with new technologies. Despite not liking I.T. I'm not a good programmer, not just because I suck at it, but also because I don't even feel like putting the effort to not suck at it. What else could I do to make a living? Beats me. Ironically, coding is what I do best, despite not liking it. And even then I am mediocre at best. Now, I am unemployed. I got fired last month and instead of re-evaluate my life and what I am going to do with it, I am playing games all day, sleep at least 10 hours a day and chose to do another job interview for .NET Programming. Talk about being wedged deep into comfort zone.

But I'll tell you what, lass: I never lost sleep over I.T. I rarely lose sleep over anything. Because when I do, I call tell I come out worse for it. What, you think losing sleep is harmless? Well, think again. These things always find a way to get their due. You'll think slower, react slower and get reeeeeal moody.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    BigEaredKittens and MilkCalf like this.
  14. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I've been through lots, and worry I'm moving backwards.

Been a lot less social and thats, oddly helped...

15. BloodyFingers

Sorry for disappearing during christmas. I went off the grid, quite literally. Didn't have wi-fi nor mobile data network to fall back on. Anyway, I hope you all had a good christmas and wish you all a better 2017.

Jareix Cryvix and Kashmir like this.
  16. Kashmir

I hope it's better, for everyone. Haven't mentioned my problems lately because they seemed trivial. First, was all the broken bones, which I mentioned. But then, somehow, I have a disintegrated cartilage in my shoulder. So I have bone rubbing bone and spurs catching muscle. Then, my car caught fire. Packrats built a condo and decided to supply it with electricity by chewing and bringing down a plug wire. (Start the car, and poof).

I know people here have gone through more stuff and I also hope that 2017 is better for all.

17. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Well I got a job, shit job to match shit life.

Its overnight shift which screws with school and minimum wage... there is a silver lining though, my coworker is great to work and chat with so its a lot less miserable.

May or may not have also found love.

rhomboid likes this.
  18. BloodyFingers

Just to make sure, that love isn't the coworker, is it?

Nothing against dating a coworker per see, but that often ends badly.

-edit-
    Real talk? I am entirely against violence against animals. I don't mind a bloke getting clocked, but unless it is a struggle to survive, I hate seeing animals get hurt, let alone hurting one myself.

Unless they chew on my favourite motorcycle. Then I kick the (not at all) proverbial dog hard. And proceed to feel bad about it. And then I remind myself of the damage to Harley Davidson-branded goods and the wiring and get wholly pissed again. It has been this sick cycle for me these last few days, compounded by watching my parents bicker constantly. Oh, right. I came to my hometown to visit my mother and at least try to do somethimg against all the abuse she's been suffering. But I am powerless to do anything, because as much as I despise my father's behaviour towards her, I have been neuro programmed not to go against him. At least she decided to leave this house, hopefully for good, and she has my support in that decision. But I am afraid all that pent up frustration found an exhaust pipe in that poor dog...

-edit-
    Every new year's eve is this sad thing. A broken family, constantly quarreling, claiming they want to forgive and get together but eventually everyone goes their separate ways because they can't stand each other. The only difference this year is that instead of misery visiting me, I lost a job to visit it.

But hey, I learned an important lesson this year. Every single person in my family is a bloody hypocrite, myself included. Even dear mother, who is aware of how poisonous the influence of my father's wealth can be. She encouraged me to make use of it for selfish purposes. I am more than happy to be spoiled by father. To accept the gift of studying abroad. It is a unique opportunity not everyone receives. I should make the most of it, right? Of course I should. It is stupid to think I am once again getting something for nothing, because I am incapable of studying abroad on my own. It is stupid to think this is an empty achievement, since all the effort made by me was saying "yes". Or rather, I am going to deeply disappoint them if I don't make the most of this opportunity. So I'll absolutely make sure to make this time abroad count.

For now, I am sitting in a table surrounded by people I barely know, faking a smile that tries to convey any familiarity, or just downright being rude by not even looking their way as they try to speak to me because I am typing this rant. Wow... I am ranting about going abroad. What am I, an idiot?!

Happy new year, folks.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  19. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

You know, I really don't have any problems. And that makes me feel guilty. People tell me not to, but that just makes me feel guiltier that I have people like this. Even me writing this when you all suffer through financial crisis, personal hell, and family chaos just makes me feel disgusted with myself. I should be talking to the therapist about this but instead I'm ranting and venting my problems here instead of connecting with a real person in person because none of you can touch me. Everything about my life fills me with guilt. I'm young and stupid, pretentious and overconfident, an attention whore and drama queen. Everything I do I do because I'm addicted to the attention I get like a junkie to their drug. I can't operate on my own without frustration because I lack the knowledge and patience in the most basic of things, yet asking help just makes me feel guilty for exploiting the available cheat sheets I have in the form of people around me instead of struggling through it like many others my age do. People tell me my life is good and could be worse, and it fills me with disgust because it's true and I'm addicted to living a good life. Spoiled with a middle class family, no struggles, no mental issues, no problems, and nothing to grow from because I am coddled. I am spoiled as the very people I despise and envy, not because they're better than me, but because I see myself and everything I hate whenever I look at them. I've broken five walls and a mirror countless times simply because of the hate I feel for myself. I don't shut up about it, when it's all just in my head. The only reason I'm so deluded as to believe that I have any ounce of self loathing or any reason not to do well is because I need the attention. I can't become independent, or they'll leave me. I can't let myself improve because then I can't as for help. I can't do well because then I don't have an excuse when I don't. I'm lost and dazed and confused and angry. And it shows. My peers have openly admitted they are scared of me. They don't want to be near me. Even my friends worry, and that just makes me feel sick with guilt. But I don't tell them. I don't stop smiling. I don't stop pretending to be approachable because deep down I know I'm nothing. And when I'm alone, I'll be crippled and sad and broken because I never struggled on my own. I never faced hardships beyond the ones I formulate in my own head as I hope to god I'm strong enough to be alone when I know I never will be because that's who I am and who I always will be.
    A spoiled, dependent, coddled child who's place in life deserves little more than the care and attention one gives to the body of a nobody as their corpse is hauled out of the cab in which their life ended.
    They comfort me and say that I've had hardships. Friends, relatives, and family dying. But I know that's not hard. It doesn't affect me. It doesn't make me any worse off than before, and that makes me guilty. Guilty of being happy when I don't deserve it. I should be grateful of being born into this sort cushy life, and I am. I truly am and it makes me sick. I write to vent, when it's really just hot air and no heat. No problems, just a child that wishes he could be strong enough to be man some day, when he's been fattened up and softened like cattle to be slaughtered in the pointless grind of life.
    Thank you for reading this, and I'm sorry for wasting your time.

20. BloodyFingers

I am snipping it for brevity's sake, though I'll let you know that I've read all of it.

You reminded me a lot of myself before I left my parents' house. Pampered, spoiled, unaware of what hardship is. I do think most of my problems are nothing more than whinning. But you know what? No one can blame you for requiring help. Because that would be like a pot calling a kettle black.
    No one gits gud in life to the point they are entirely self-sufficient. In fact, those at the top more often than not got there using people as ladders, and keep themselves up there sitting atop a pile of people. Some willing, many not so much.

You are doing good by asking for help. You know why? Because then they are free to say "no". You could just as well exploit and manipulate them for the same purpose*, not giving them the choice. Then you'd have more reasons to feel guilty about it. I am, of course, using my own definition of help, which is "aid". I dislike people forcefully taking a task out of my hands and doing it in my stead**, as if I am a toddler incapable of the most menial of tasks.

Oh, and attention? Yeah, you want it. I like it. Every one does. It feels good to have your own existence confirmed by others, your actions recognised. If your case borders on obsession, then I'd advise a therapist.

sorry about the coughing. Had a case of burning throat from all that bile. :sarcasm:

-edit-
    Oh, would you look at that! Guess who is my boss again? Yes, THAT woman...
    Whatever... I am over that stuff. And I not staying here for long anyway.

*(*cough* like most of my family does *ahhem*)
    **(*cough**cough**khak* like some of my family does *khak*)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    Jareix Cryvix likes this.