1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Tell Us Your Character's Story!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Poison Dagger, Sep 10, 2016.

1. WallyBW93

WallyBW93 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Wally-Squid the Floran

I named my Floran Wally-Squid because that's just the username I go by. I chose a Floran and not a Hylotl because I find their culture a lot more interesting, I like their ship, and their scavenging lifestyle really suits me. I really like aquatic races so yea it was a hard decision, but to make up for it I created a backstory that fits the name and allows me to incorporate both Floran and Hylotl in my colony and ship designs.

This story starts on a planet that contained two tribes, the Passives (I'm naming these simple) and the Aggressors. These two tribes often fought over how to interact with the Hylotl considering the war they had and the abduction of the Hylotl homeworld by the Floran. The Greenfinger of the Passives oposses the violence they had with the Hylotl in the past and wishes to see the two races at peace. The Greenfinger of the Aggressors thinks the war was the right idea and Hylotl should be treated with hostility.

Wally was born into the Passive tribe. She was nothing special and was like most Floran of the tribe, learning of the hunt, the dangers and importance of fire, making trophies of her kills, and of course meatsss. The Greenfinger would often teach her and the other sprouts about the Hylotl and the many wrongs they have suffered by their kind. Wally loved to listen to these stories and dreamt of one day contributing to the effort of uniting the two races and achieving peace. Wally was living a peaceful Floran life until the Greenfinger began to communicate with Hylotl, inviting Hylotl diplomats to create a alliance in order to aid in the peace of the two races. Floran Aggressor Spies caught wind of it and relayed it to their Greenfinger. The Aggressor Greenfinger was furious and ordered a surprise attack on the Passives village. The Aggressors attacked at night catching the Passives by Surprise killing most while they still slept. The Passives tried fighting back but were overwhelmed and as a result most of the village was wiped out and the Passives Greenfinger was executed and displayed as a warning for the few survivors that were left. Wally was one of these survivors, when she awoke to the attack she hid and watched as many of her Floran tribesman were slaughtered including her family. Orphaned and heartbroken her hope was shattered and her dreams felt like fantasies. Then out of the blue the Hylotl Convoy the Passives Greenfinger sent for arrived. Seeing all the death and destruction they quickly made a rescue effort taking aboard all surviving Floran including Wally before the Aggressor's Greenfinger even had time to act. The Hylotl took the Floran to one of their many underwater colonies where Wally was adopted into a Hylotl family taking on the name Wally-Squid. From there on in life looked up for the young Floran, her hopes and dreams were mended and then strengthened. She was determined from now to make peace between Floran and Hylotl a reality. As she grew up In this strange underwater city she got a proper eduction, military training, and to boot learned and embraced most of Hylotl culture. She then traveled to Earth to train with the Protectorate and hopefully become one so she could achieve her dream of peace. The rest of the story you know...

2. Gobi Slave

Gobi Slave Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Say, quick question, everyone. I've got a few more characters in the story that Teztlin is a part of (he's actually a secondary protagonist, since the story is technically about #human, but Tez is also my favorite character). Did you guys want to read shortened versions of any of their stories?

I've also got a few ideas for a comedic story about Haraki Corale, too, if you want that.