1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Teleport Beam Colour Range

Discussion in 'User Interface' started by soopytwist, Aug 3, 2016.

1. soopytwist

soopytwist Pangalactic Porcupine

I've spent two days straight of my holiday week off work making a range or replacement teleport beams (and teleporting effects). It has taken a ridiculous amount of time making these so I hope everyone enjoys them. I've included neon glow versions of the standard 2-tone colour ranges.

Pick a colour then copy the .pak file from either Standard Colours or Neon Glow Colours folders into the mods directory. Your chosen colour applies to all races.

EDIT

The mod is now too large to be hosted here (apparently), so use this link to ModDB:
    http://www.moddb.com/games/starbound/addons/teleport-beam-colour-range

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    Cherckeson, Harintosh and DRF128 like this.
  2. soopytwist

Teleport Beam Colour Range now supports the following additional races:

Alicorn, Avali, Batpony, Bunnykin, Changeling, Familiar, Felin, Fenerox, Inkling, Neko, Orcana, Pegasus, Ponex, Pony, Ponybot, Unicorn, Vespoid, Viera and Vulpes.

EDIT

Added priority order to each .pak to ensure compatibility with race mods (from list above). If you find a colour doesn't work with your race mod (from the list above) please let me know in the comments.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  3. Pigbear

Pigbear Scruffy Nerf-Herder

these are lovely, I was always bothered by how non-glowy the basegame teleport anims were and these colors are great

4. soopytwist

Added support for:

Argonian, Draenei, Gardevan, Kemono, Nightar, Sallok and Sergal.

I haven't added support for Munari because they use Apex files so there's no need.

5. Mentally Kiwi

Mentally Kiwi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Think you can keep the racial colors but make them all neon and glowy? That'd be pretty cool.

6. soopytwist

In version 2 perhaps. I've been experimenting with an animated glowing effect since the beams are four frames.

Mentally Kiwi likes this.
  7. soopytwist

I've added support for Saiyan and Umbreon.

EDIT

Also fixed a bug with the Aquamarine Neon colour.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  8. soopytwist

Added support for Alara, Haathee, Lamia, Ooze and Skelekin. Also fixed a bug with Vulpes for one of the colours.

9. Yiish

Yiish Space Hobo

how do I download :p

10. Anathame The Reborn

Anathame The Reborn Void-Bound Voyager

Is there a way to make the rainbow beam multiplayer compatible?

11. soopytwist

So each player sees your colour of beam? I don't think there is sorry.

12. NaturesWitness

NaturesWitness Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Would it be possible to add the Elithian Races and the Penguin Piracy mods to this? They seem to get to entering/leaving the screen changes, but the actual "In transit" beam doesn't change.

13. Bagginsboys

Bagginsboys Aquatic Astronaut

Mind addin support for the Kazdra race? Similar to the Argonian but there are some differences.