RELEASED Emporium for Abandoned Map Mod (Tego's Stardew Expansion) 1.2.0

Unofficial/official continuation of Tego's Stardew Expansion

1. 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello, everyone. After initially having a single thread for all of my map projects, I've decided to split my thread in two...one for my main map project, and this one for any side projects I am upkeeping unofficially or officially.

Feel free to post any maps that are outdated that you'd like me to look into. If I like it, I may just add it to my list of mods to upkeep.

DISCLAIMER: I am not the official author of any of these mods. I am simply upkeeping them. All mods will be listed with their respective owners.

Side Projects

Each of these mods have been lost to time, having been abandoned by their author. However, I would like to take this time to talk about why I upkeep mods, and why many people will disagree with me/dislike me for what I do.

I have a strict belief that is central to my identity as a modder/upkeeper of mods. It is my belief that as a modder, you have the right to add whatever you like to the game in question. However, once you author a mod, it is also my belief that you also have a responsibility to those for whom you mod. Once your mod has been developed, it is my belief that you can never take that mod away—that you have a responsibility to those who download and use your mod to keep it running. Unless your mod is made antiquated by a different mod made by you or someone else, it is your job to keep said mod running. And if you do not, it is my belief that someone else has the right to do it for you, regardless if you want them to or not.

I know many of you will disagree with my view for many different reasons, but I felt like I at least needed to give an explanation here. With that said, the following are abandoned or discontinued mods that I have taken the time to upkeep, because I feel that it’s my duty to do so:

As a note, you will need ALL, Ento's Framework, XNBLoader, and SMAPI to use any of these mods. Links for all 4 are here:

http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/smapi-advanced-location-loader.3619/
    http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/entoarox-framework.4228/
    http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/smapi-stardew-modding-api.108375/
    http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/xnb-loader.4506/

If you have any issues while using these mods, feel free to post about it. It’s highly possible I missed something while testing, and will try to fix any issues as soon as possible. That said, the fastest way for me to fix something is to see the issue, so make sure to include an image of the issue, if possible. If your game crashes completely, send the error log via a link from https://log.smapi.io/ .

Also, for anyone looking for any of "my other work", check out my Home for Map Mods, where I link to all the map mods I have my hands in, either personally creating or upkeeping for the community
    http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/neos-home-for-map-mods.136121/

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
      foghorn and Glopix like this.
    • Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

very cool thank you for doing this
      Edit
      Asking then waiting for the okay would have been better.
      But it was nice of you to fix this.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
      • Hammurabi

Hammurabi Big Damn Hero

There's a bug with the warps from the Farm to the Cindersap Forest in the TSE optional farm maps for v0.9.6; they place the player on the Cindersap Forest's warps back to the Farm, automatically triggering them.

Here's a modified manifest that replaces the two faulty warp points for anyone else trying to use one of those with TSE v1.0.0

The new manifest goes in \Stardew Valley\Mods\AdvancedLocationLoader\locations\TSE_1.0.0\

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
        • 13akoors

Strange...I just loaded up a completely new world and am not seeing that. That said, the warps are acting strange, so I'll have a look at them and see what's up

• Hammurabi

Hammurabi Big Damn Hero

Oh, yeah, I remember what it is now; I replaced the map with one of the optional ones from the last version Tegobash uploaded. My mistake.

13akoors likes this.
            • 13akoors

Yeah, that makes sense. I only plan to update using the main Tego map, since most people seemed to want that map from Tego's poll, and it's simpler on my end to not add 3 different maps.

That said, you did make me notice a bug with the original map, so I'll at least be fixing that in the next few days

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
              • 13akoors

For everyone who's here for the Tego update, here is an updated version (will also be posted in the initial post). The update fixes a few bugs with transitions between maps.

Attached Files:

• 13akoors

Hello, everyone. Today's finally another update for Tego's mod (TSE).

This new update fixes a longstanding error with Tego's Stardew Expansion. Originally, whenever you installed the mod, the Farm file would be overwritten, regardless of which farm type was chosen. After speaking to Entoarox about it, it seems there is no way to fix this inside ALL. Without going too deep into it, I figured out its a limitation with how ALL runs, and it's very likely that ALL will never be able to properly differentiate between different Farm types. However, after dropping it for a month, I thought up a solution that works. So now, this new version will no longer overwrite the new farm options.

Unfortunately, this change does require you to install XNBLoader, also made by Entoarox. Here is the link for the new required mod: http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/xnb-loader.4506/

Once again, after this update, Tego's Stardew Expansion will require XNBLoader to run.

Let me know if there are any issues with this new patch. I checked on my old Tego file, and it looks like it shouldn't have any issues caused by adding XNBLoader.

Also, remember to type ef_bushreset into the SMAPI command line in order to fix any new bushes. A couple were moved while I was patching the files, so keep that in mind.

Happy playing, everyone.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
                  • 13akoors

Hello, everyone. I noticed about a day after posting the last update that while the version is technically usable on all versions of the Farm map, 90% of everything is also inaccessible. As such, I am happy to report that this new version makes all areas accessible regardless of the Farm map chosen.

In order to accomplish this, a new path has been added to reach the new areas. This path is located on the newly altered Backwoods map, and will unlock one day after a specific event. Keep an eye out and you'll reach the maps in no time.

Backwoods.png

As usual, you will have to run ef_bushreset with this new version. Also, it is highly suggested that you start a new file. The new version will work on all old saves, but due to some changes, trees may overlap bushes that stop you going off the map. In this case, you'd have to cut down the tree and then run "bushreset" again.

If you see any issues, let me know and I'll see if it's because of the new update.

Also, for anyone looking for new map mods, check out Jungle Temple. It overlaps part of the Woods map, and adds a whole new area that looks like it'll be awesome when finished. It is fully compatible with TSE, so take a look and have fun with it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
                      kebab4you and IceCreamFortress like this.
                    • kebab4you

kebab4you Big Damn Hero

Hey ho!

Are you still maintaining this mod? The backwood map and the added Tego maps doesn't change with the season.

Edit: The bus stop map is also displaying incorrect season.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
                      • 13akoors

I haven't been doing many updates, but I am very much still maintaining the mod. I am guessing there was no error log. Do you know if it's only a certain season, or all of them?

I will look into it over the next couple days.

• kebab4you

kebab4you Big Damn Hero

All of them, some of the sprites change with the season though (some of the trees for example). AspenGrow works better that backwoods but still looks messy. No error related to this mod in the error log, I can attach it if you want to look it over.

Also there seems to be an issue with the custom signs.
                          BrokenString.png Backwood.png AspenGrow.png

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
                          • 13akoors

The signs are an issue with the most recent official game update. I'm not quite sure how to fix that, but will look into fixing it along with everything else

• 13akoors

EDIT: So, I'm starting to wonder if this issue is with this mod or with ALL/SMAPI, because when I played through without quitting, the tilesheets loaded perfectly correctly. It only failed to load when I reopened the game. I know that SMAPI had removed certain triggers related to the day and season, but ALL hasn't updated to stop using these triggers. My guess is, if I revert to SMAPI 13, this will cease to occur, but I'll check and make sure

EDIT: Nope, definitely on my end. Will have to look into tilesheet loading in the morning.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
                                Coolwyngs and kebab4you like this.
                              • 13akoors

After further looking into it, I think this is actually an issue with ALL, because the tilesheets will actually load correctly if you play straight from Spring 1 to Winter 1 without quitting to Title/Desktop. After logging back in to test the fix for all the signs (which has yet to work), the bug appeared for me too, so it has something to do with reloading tilesheets. If I am correct, there's nothing I can really do to fix it. I have made a post on ALL's forum to see what Entoarox knows about this bug, but he has a lot of real life stuff that keeps him from timely updating his mods. Until such a time as either ALL is updated, or I find out that it's entirely on me (which seems unlikely), there is not much more I can do.

Sorry for the bad news. I will work on fixing the signs, and hopefully, good news comes our way soon. Until then, I would suggest either doing your best to ignore it or uninstalling the mod until the issue can be repaired. Again, sorry I can't do more.

• kebab4you

kebab4you Big Damn Hero

Thanks for the quick response! :D

Do you have a link to the ALL thread so I can follow it?

• 13akoors

kebab4you likes this.
                                  • 13akoors

Hey, everyone. Unfortunately, I can't say that I yet have any new updates for Tego's Stardew Expansion (TSE). Unfortunately, I am currently doing work on several projects (one of which will hopefully involve a desert map), but as of now, nothing is new to report. (For those only interested in news about TSE, skip to the end)

That said, I am here posting today for 2 reasons. One, to announce that Yama's Desert Expansion and Yama's Sewer Expansion are being added to the group of mods that upkeep, as well as Ulithium's Jungle Temple (which I am currently only being kept working by me, not modifying). All of these mods are currently being left on their own pages, and links for them are in the original post. Outside of this announcement, news for these mods will be posted on their respective pages, so make sure to watch those pages if you're interested in those mods.

(END) Second, I am here today to post a question regarding Tego's Stardew Expansion. Currently, I am working on 3 different mods that modify the overworld maps. One being Tego's Stardew Expansion (TSE), one being my personal mod Revised Stardew Maps (RSM), and the other is Ulithium's Jungle Temple (UJT). Because of the nature of making map changes, mods such as these become inherently incompatible very quickly, which is something that I strive to avoid at all costs. Originally, I had planned to just merge RSM and TSE into a single mod to rectify this issue. However, I quickly realized this was a poor decision both logistically as well as in terms of branding. However, I have consistently wanted to make these mods no longer conflict with each other. And after "adding" UJT and finding out that the Woods map in there was a carbon copy of the one from TSE (that explains why there were no mod conflicts), I now feel like it's time to fully tackle this issue. That said, because I don't want to step on anyone toes, I am going to ask for everyone's opinion before I do so

In essence, here is what I am considering. Right now, TSE, RSM, and UJT all overlap in terms of which maps they modify. What I am suggesting is that each of the mods be altered to make this not the case. My current idea is to divide the maps along the Bus stop map. All maps left of the bus stop (farm, woods, forest, and backwoods) would be part of Tego's Stardew Expansion. All other maps, including the bus stop, would become part of Revised Stardew Maps. This dividing line was made to ensure as little would be changed in Tego's Stardew Expansion as possible. In fact, the only map that would change is the bus stop map, which for now would revert to the "vanilla" map. This would also mean that any maps from Revised Stardew Maps left of the bus stop would be added into Tego's Stardew Expansion, which would include a future Forest revision, as well as changes to the Backwoods maps.

In effect, what I am asking you all is this. Would you be okay with losing the bus stop map and gaining some new areas in the future (Forest update, super secret map) in order to better work with other mods? Vote in the poll here: http://www.strawpoll.me/13543853 Voting ends August 31

Keep in mind that these changes would help make modding for me easier, but inevitably the decision is up to you. Please let me know by voting how you would feel about this, and feel free to ask any questions below.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
                                      anothersarah and Coolwyngs like this.