1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Tech station still locked after beating the Echerus facility

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by M8E1, Jan 9, 2017.

1. M8E1

M8E1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

How do I unlock the tech station, or force it to unlock?

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Moved to Starbound Discussion.

Regards
    Iris Blanche

3. Tanek

Tanek Pangalactic Porcupine

Which are you referring to as the tech station? What is it you are trying to make?
    Could be it is something that was changed along the way in development.

http://starbounder.org/Crafting_Stations

4. SephMoon

SephMoon Phantasmal Quasar

If you're talking about the Tech Lab in the Outpost, I think it unlocks by doing obstacle course quests for the Apex scientist in the room. The quests unlock the tech abilities, and also unlock the lab so you can purchase the upgraded techs. At least, I think I remember having access to it before even doing the Erchius Mining Facility. However, it has been a while, so I'm not completely sure.

Have you done the quests for him yet?

5. MrVauxs

MrVauxs Giant Laser Beams

The Tech Table is only avaiable after bringing *Winston* materials like copper,iron,gold,titanium after that he will give you an obstacle course and when you end any of them you will gain instant access to both tables in Tech Room as well as the tech you were using to beat the obstacle course

6. M8E1

M8E1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Are there any console commands to forcibly give myself abilities or forcibly give myself the missions?

7. M8E1

M8E1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thats the thing, I'm totally locked out. There is no big ! above their head.

8. Thorin

Thorin Pangalactic Porcupine

and with nothing in your quest book?
    Maybe you already picked it up, but the tracking of the quest notification shifted to an other quest?

9. SephMoon

As Thorin said, you should check the quest log to see if you did grab it sometime. The quest you're looking for is Let's Get Technical.

10. M8E1

M8E1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It was not picked up. I am completely locked out.

11. SephMoon

In that case, I'm all out of ideas...

12. M8E1

M8E1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It has not been grabbed. The quest is not in my quest book.

13. Thorin

Thorin Pangalactic Porcupine

Darn, then I have not a lot of options either.
    You can try it with the 10 copper ingots in hand/bag, after you made one in the furnace, maybe that's the hidden trigger for it.
    Or try it with a different character and the ultimate option would be to start over including a new universe.

I recently started playing starbound again and it didn't had this quest unlocked too in the beginning. I already came there before I had even made a copper ingot, later when I made my first armor and came back. He had the exlcamation marker above his head.

But then again, you already beat the Erchius facility, so I would think you already made some ingots.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  14. M8E1

M8E1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The quest is not in my log look, the quest is not activated.
    The quest is also not being offered.

I think playing in other instances that aren't your own glitch the quests

15. SephMoon

Oh, I just assumed you were playing solo the whole time.

I have heard of unlocks getting glitched out when playing with friends. I think it's because, when playing with others, things you unlock get unlocked in the "universe" of whoever is hosting. However, I'm not exactly sure what this applies to. The worst I had to do was repeat a couple of minor quest since I originally completed them when I was playing in a friend's game via Steam. Certainly nothing as major as trying to unlock tech lab access, though.

Did you initially complete the tech questline while in another player's game or server?