1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Tech Station crashing the server (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Kalion, Jun 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kalion

Kalion Orbital Explorer

Me and some friends were playing on my server when one of my friends notcied he had an item the list of items in the ship's 3D printer. This item was called a "Tech Console" and had a price of 1 pixel, so my friend printed it, thinking it would allow us to customize and ulock new tech. He placed it, and I tried to open it.
    Nothing happened, and after that I could not do any actions such as place and break tiles, open chests, doors etc. I could only walk. Moments after, the server crashed.

The log, at the moment I opened the chest, displayed the following message:

Error: Access violation detected at 0 (Read of address 0)

No other message was displayed after this, simply the server crashing.

Log is attached to this thread.

Sincerely,
    A proud member of the awesome Starbound community

Log notes:
    - User "GAYBOY SWAG" is me, if you want to ask why, well I did it for the lols.
    - User "Land-eater" is my friend who still has the Tech Console in his 3D printing item list.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
  2. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

That is the moment when we'd like to see your starbound.log (not the server one, as it basically just says "yo, server dead").
    Also, your friend would help lots if he could send his too.

Kalion likes this.
  3. Kalion

Kalion Orbital Explorer

I checked the game files and there is none (though I know there should be one)

4. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

Huh. There's gotta be one.
    Well, just attach the stdout.txt file then, it's basically the same content.
    (Found where your binary is, most likely "/win64/stdout.txt")

Kalion likes this.
  5. Kalion

Kalion Orbital Explorer

I'll look for it. In the meantime I recreated the bug and generated a starbound.log file:

Attached Files:

6. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

Huh, not even a stacktrace.
    'r u sure he doesn't have any mods installed?

Kalion likes this.
  7. Kalion

Kalion Orbital Explorer

Edit: Item not called tech station, called Tech Console[DOUBLEPOST=1433698231][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Found the issue: This is an old item which was used before ship AI was implemented. My friend cheated it in (gonna punch him in the face now) and using it causes the server to crash.

Kayuko likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.