1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Teamwork factor in PvP?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by DarkDXZ, Feb 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

Middle Earth had the best PvP

2. Earic Lodger

Earic Lodger Starship Captain

Never played middle earth. I only watched the Lord of the Rings movies.
    BUT
    :I: :I: <-----------<
    If you're a true fan of LOTR then you know what that means. (Hint: Forums)

3. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

-.-
    twas a joke my good sir

4. Kohjix

Kohjix Star Wrangler

I agree there should be some balance in PvP/Co-op Teamwork. I think there should be consequences for the type of gun you are carrying. Say for example you are the "Tank" of the group you are with. Heavy armor, and Heavy weaponry... You're slow and very unstable of your shooting! There should be other people there to help you, a healer to guide you and save you from being pushed by the enemy team/monsters!
    Awesome subject to bring up!

5. Earic Lodger

So was i.
    What's your point? :D

6. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

:<
    In any case
    I believe that there will have to be some cooperation in PvP but it won't reach MMO levels like previously stated

7. Earic Lodger

So did you get my "Point" pun? And yes, unless servers are capable of holding atleast 50 or so people at once, it won't be as massive as a MMO.

8. GigaNova

GigaNova Cosmic Narwhal

I would like to see Team work not only in PVP, but troughout the entire game, cause teamwork is a key factor in a good game.

9. Knightwyvern

Knightwyvern Void-Bound Voyager

Given the different range of weapon types, the tech slots that will make for different types of gameplay (one guy with jump jets and a rocket launcher, the other dual wielding energy axes with a energy shield tech item?) I'd say Starbound is practically begging for team-based PvP. Really looking forward to it, along with the multiplayer story/universe to play through with my brothers and build an awesome city on a new homeworld. :)

10. DarkDXZ

DarkDXZ Phantasmal Quasar

Remember, by a "medigun", I meant an item that would be used to directly and constantly heal other (team)mates. It doesn't have to look like TF2 Medigun, but since there's a shotgun variety that looks like a familiar Scattergun...

I guess we will see a helluva of good teamwork in PvP, especially with all that procedurally generated gear - everyone who you will fight will require a different strategy (if we can be talking about any strategy at all), as the gear he carries will never be the same.

That's what would make uniform loadouts so hard to make.

11. Dal

Dal Phantasmal Quasar

we have our pets to watch our backs in this game :)

12. uigfnbxs

uigfnbxs Big Damn Hero

There is teamwork in most or all games that you see, and there will be one man armies, but there will be another one man army to counter the first one. ;)

13. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

I will support my team by yelling "pew pew" into the mic as I shoot people

Madmarlon likes this.
  14. uigfnbxs

uigfnbxs Big Damn Hero

good Man! I approve!:up:

15. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

needless to say I will be shooting from a giant robot and not aiming specifically at the enemy

16. Earic Lodger

Meanwhile i'll be rallying the troops at the back with this:

17. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

There is no correct response to this
    I'm distracted by a mental image of a ninja digging a hole with a shovel tied to his crotch

Madmarlon likes this.
  18. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

I am a ninja and im digging a hole. Diggy diggy hole.
    Yes, I went there.

19. Earic Lodger

Even I don't know how to respond to that. F&ck it. Until Star Bound comes out i'll be singing Guiles theme, you are a pirate, and Jizz in my pants. Yeah, that'll be nice.

20. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

Nice Yogscast plug but I was referring to a different video of the same song

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.