1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Teamwork factor in PvP?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by DarkDXZ, Feb 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkDXZ

DarkDXZ Phantasmal Quasar

In no doubt, the amount of procedurally generated equipment will make PvP extremely fierce, fast-paced and unique experience...

BUT, will teamwork be used?
    Will people just become one-man armies and don't give a [...] what happens to their teammates?

Will there be class-esque setups? (think Team Fortress)
    Or special items to aid such gameplay - I mean "ammo boxes" or "mediguns".

Discuss it here.

Kohjix likes this.
  2. John.

John. Star Wrangler

Suggestions forum ;)

Anyway, i dont think classes would fit too well with the gameplay, its a idea for certain PVP servers, but if it forced in the game i dont think it will be a good idea.

3. A.N.T.I.

A.N.T.I. Spaceman Spiff

I think there should be, like I've said in one of my suggestions, group missions. Which can pertain to things like even harder then normal planets that you practically need another person to even survive on, group missions would have very good rewards though of course.

4. Remnant Drive

Remnant Drive Pangalactic Porcupine

Well, the aforementioned Arena Asteroids seem to fit. They are supposedly to have built-in games with score. I'm hoping for custom gametypes.

5. Afterscore

Afterscore Weight of the Sky

I think this thread is more devoted to speculation than it is to coming up with fully fleshed out suggestions.

This would be a great feature, instead of having your friend/s run off because everyone is decked in the buffest armour and swinging around the most badass weapons; you would need to really talk and watch each others backs.

Ghostar and Offline like this.
  6. Attack_Fish

Attack_Fish Phantasmal Quasar

I'm expecting to see absolutely no teamwork in the pvp arena mode haha. There will probably be limitations to what you can and can't bring but there probably won't be class setups (like team fortress) to give specific roles to certain people. Honestly I hope there will be class systems but that would require extra work and I'm still a skeptic coming from Terraria.

7. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

Do not worry Darkhorse
    You and me will always be a team

8. Offline

Offline Astral Cartographer

Yes, there will always be teamwork. Especially in this game. There could be helping items, I don't know. Getting your teammate's back by shooting the same monster will always be a helpful aspect, but a healing gun like the Medic has would be way too TF2 in my opinion...

9. Joxalot

Joxalot Subatomic Cosmonaut

Armor and tools that create "auras" that empowers allies, crowd control aspects in weapons/gears...
    Thats one of the ideas the devs can come up with that might/will encourage teamworks.
    By simply enabling teammates be to see through the other's line of sight will be great in teamwork, either in fights or just co-op exploration/building sillyness

10. JohnDevince

JohnDevince Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Maybe so..
    But more or less I think this game will go along the lines of WoW (for multiplayer) or Oblivion (I say Oblivion because I personally dislike Skyrim)!
    ~ Thank You!
    John Devince

11. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves Starship Captain

I think teamwork in PVP has a lot of potential in Starbound, and I really hope to see such things as a tank, healer, etc. As it was, Terraria's PVP was pretty lacking in variety, so I hope that Starbound will develop on it more.

12. Polar !

Polar ! Pangalactic Porcupine

Nice idea, very very nice o_O
    Adding tanking and healing would so spice things up ^_^ But since there won't be any classes, they have to come through items and their stats...hmm:geek:

13. JohnDevince

Tanking, Dps, and Healing. Nice indeed! However the stupid rage of WoW copy or even Skyrim copy would come into play :mad: I hate trolls!
    ~ * I dislike trolls *
    John Devince

14. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

I'm hoping teamwork will be a factor. One to lure them in, and one to shoot the cannon.

15. Doctor Whooves

Hate is too strong of a word, but dislike is too weak...
    Sometimes things are just so complicated.
    Damn trolls!

16. JohnDevince

" What gonna work TEAMWORK Whats gonna work TEAMWORK!" <-- Good time Good times. Though yes Teamwork that would enhance the gameplay would be greatly awesomesauce!
    ~ I went there , " Awesomesauce."
    John Devince!

17. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

This is the one game where I think a Medigun like the one from Team Fortress 2 would actually make sense

18. Earic Lodger

Earic Lodger Starship Captain

Hm. A custom game-type involving possibley maybe just so but maybe...........
    ....Customisation on par with Firefight in Halo Reach? This game has so much potential that i hope that Multiplayer won't just die of like in Terraria, where it barely functions.
    Well i'm off to make a suggestion in the suggestion section off the forum based around PvP Multiplayer. Goodbye.

xSpartanLazerx likes this.
  19. Doctor Whooves

And one to rule them all.

Sorry, I just had to take the opportunity.

Starheaven07 and Ghostar like this.
  20. Earic Lodger

Earic Lodger Starship Captain

One does not simpley Hoof into Mordor. :)
    What? I HAD to do it to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.