1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Taking Screenshots

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by bconlon, Mar 26, 2017.

1. bconlon

bconlon Subatomic Cosmonaut

I use the Windows 10 app, Snipping Tool, to take screenshots of the game. When I used to use it I got screenshots with pixel definition (the exact definition of the game), but now I am getting low definition screenshots that aren't as good quality. Can this be solved somehow in the game settings, or is it a problem with something else?

Attached Files:

2. missHPfan2

missHPfan2 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Are you playing the game through Steam? If you are, F12 will take a screenshot. If not, you can use the Print Screen key on your keyboard, though you'll have to paste them into paint and save them each time.

3. Starhelp

Starhelp Intergalactic Tourist

Use F12 to take screen shots via steam you can then after closing the game save or upload those screen caps. Uploads go to the designated spot on the steam browser.

4. bconlon

Took a break from attempting for awhile, F12 screenshots started working again. But the F12 screenshots still don't work, the game has a noisy pixel resolution, which isn't a problem in game as I can't normally see it, but I want to try and use the screenshots for a sprite comic but I can't if the resolution is horrible, it makes it so I can't really add in assets like characters that well. Also zoomed in then the lower quality is visible.

5. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

can we get an example? also, are you using the screenshots path or the thumbnail folder in the screenshots path? the thumbnail folder has smaller versions of the original screenshot so they load faster

6. bconlon

The example is at the top of the post, and the thumbnails are too small. The screenshots still give noisy pixel resolution and not clean pixel resolution that is the same as starbound's pixels. Screenshots and Snipping Tool give the same quality, and I'm getting them from the screenshots folder (and the snipping tool).

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017