1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Takes me back to title screen?

Discussion in 'Support' started by rosedaisy, Aug 12, 2017.

1. rosedaisy

rosedaisy Space Hobo

Hello! I am new here and this is my first post ever,so sorry if I seem a bit noobish or anything.

I am absolutely desperate because as the title says, loading the save file takes me back to the title screen and I don't know why? This just started today after I installed SMAPI but I only have the Get Dressed mod (this all started because I wanted a pretty dress..). The game doesn't crash or anything (yet) , it just reloads the title screen again and again and again..

Sorry if this has been answered before but I couldn't find anyone with a problem similar to mine and this is why I'm asking..

If it matters for anything, I got my game from GOG, not Steam?

Please I spent 40 hours in this game, I was close to marrying Sebastian and upgrading my house again, I really really don't want to start anew.

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

That sometimes happens with broken savefiles; usually if they're missing data. The game doesn't know how to load the properly so they fail back to the title, but don't actually crash the game.

Saves, and error logs can be found in the following locations.

File Locations:
      Windows: %AppData%\StardewValley\
      OSX: ~/.config/StardewValley/
      Linux: ~/.config/StardewValley/

One thing you can try is browsing to your save folder. Make a backup copy of the folder, and put it somewhere like your desktop. Then go back to the original folder.
      It should look like so, but with your own farmer's name:
      Code:
      ├── Marc_121220521
      │  ├── Marc_121220521
      │  ├── Marc_121220521_old
      │  ├── SaveGameInfo
      │  └── SaveGameInfo_old

The first name is the folder, and then inside you should see 4 files. The first file has the same name as the folder. You also have a 'SaveGameInfo' file, and 2 backups created by the game with the "_old" suffix.

Delete the equivalent of these 2 files:
      Marc_121220521
      SaveGameInfo

And, then remove the "_old" suffix from the remaining 2 files to replace the ones you deleted. That will revert the game back 1 day, and possibly fix your issue.

Or if you don't feel comfortable doing that. You can just zip up your save, and upload it here. I can help take a closer look for you.