Take some ideas from Terraria

Discussion in 'Other' started by Akif, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Akif

Akif Master Chief

Hello everyone. Excited about the StarBOund game!
    So I was thinking that since Terraria stopped updating, what if Starbound took some ideas from Terraria? I don't think that Regedit (or so was his name, the developed of Terraria) would mind, would he? What do you think?

2. Yaxlat

Yaxlat Existential Complex

lol this is a different game, and terraria will still be updating in a year or so. He's taking a break.

3. Akif

Akif Master Chief

So he'll be back updating? I didn't see anything like that that he said in his post...

4. SierraKhaar

SierraKhaar Orbital Explorer

Akif have you read the FAQ or any other information about star bound? And what do you mean with "some ideas from terraria"? There are quite alot in this game :)

5. Akif

Akif Master Chief

Maybe this is not such a good idea after all... but if StarBound was a bit more like Terraria for example with all those enemies it would be cool :D

6. Sir Dusky

Sir Dusky Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'd say maybe put in some of the more significant weapons from Terraria (Like the Flamarang, Ice Rod, Rainbow Rod, etc.)

(And maybe one of the bosses could make a guest-appearance? ;))

7. Akif

Akif Master Chief

Yeah, and maybe different planets will have different appearance like biomes in Terraria. And those bosses and enemies as well.

8. Yaxlat

Yaxlat Existential Complex

Idea! Each universe has one planet, which is Terraria!!!

9. Akif

Akif Master Chief

I didn't really get that... do you mean it will have one planet which will have Terraria?

10. Mr.HotDog

Mr.HotDog Void-Bound Voyager

Easter egg in starbound? Also:
    I don't think more content for terraria will come, reason why Redigit said: I'll be bug fixing terraria and I hope to bring you a better game when I'm back.
    So I don't think any of the idea's will come to terraria.

11. Akif

Akif Master Chief

A better game... I hope so. But a year is so long to wait. But anyway at least I will have Starbound by then.

12. GameGecko

GameGecko Cosmic Narwhal

I kinda like this idea, it would function as an awesome easter egg! xP

13. Jermex

Jermex The Stampede Forum Moderator

Well I heard in a Chat with the Devs, that there is nothing terraria did that starbound is avoiding.
    Take that as you will.

14. Akif

Akif Master Chief

That's good :D

15. Drayo10

Drayo10 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Seeing a planet similar to the average Terraria world would be cool. Much more so if, on higher-difficulty planets, a boss or two gets an appearance.
    Or heck, even the Hallow and Corruption could appear. And promptly invade your space station.

16. EWA

EWA Twenty-three is number one

I think it would be nice to have some Terraria Ideas in Starbound. I'm sure that there are all ready some ideas from Terraria in the game but I hope bosses like The Eater of Worlds will return.

17. Akif

Akif Master Chief

Yup it would make Terraria back to life again

18. Akif

Akif Master Chief

Yeah, we wont be forgetting Terraria after that :D

19. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

With remixed music! :D