1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Sword Art Online HUD (Discontinued) (See page for link to new mod page) Discontinued

This page is no longer being worked on and the work has been passed on to another Inf_Wolf14

1. Arevela

Arevela Void-Bound Voyager

Arevela submitted a new mod:

Sword Art Online HUD - Changes most (if not all) assets of the in-game HUD to a more Sword Art Online theme.

Read more about this mod...

2. Spider-cide

Spider-cide Aquatic Astronaut

What rar unpacker do you have?

3. Arevela

4. agmoyer

agmoyer Cosmic Narwhal

Nice job! I like the the bit you did it is a lot easier on my eyes. I can't wait to see what you do next. If you do not know much about pixel shading try looking at minecraft skins there you can see some examples of it. I only know a little I guess when it comes to shading. ( I make skins myself).

5. RenaldiForumStar

RenaldiForumStar Big Damn Hero

Does Starbound allow for transparent windows? Because it would look even betterr if you included a slight transparency.

6. Arevela

Arevela updated Sword Art Online HUD with a new update entry:

Sword Art Online HUD 1.2

Read the rest of this update entry...

7. lysergic

lysergic Void-Bound Voyager

Well it looks cool, but you should change the colour a bit (making it white doesn't look right). Maybe a bit gray or transparent HUD.
    About the inventory, it feel weird without the borders <-<

8. Arevela

Hey all, I'm back. I was going through my steam games and remembered Starbound and how much fun I had with it, so I'm starting to get back into it. I also remembered this mod I made so I'm going to continue updating it. I've read some of the review, and just discovered the discussion section xDD. Anywho, I'm revamping the mod a little, over the last year, I think it was, I've been working more at pixel art so I'll be fixing these very simplistic textures into something more appealing. Thank you guys so much for your positive feedback, I hope you guys will check out this mod again once it goes back into full swing. I've been seeing a few posts about transparency and I'll see if the game's can read transparent textures as "transparent" and not "it looks this color, we'll just make it fully opaque for the heck of it". I've been busy with school (AP classes are stressful lol) but now the semester's over and I have time to work on stuff I really enjoy doing with my spare time; which is texturing and computerized art in general (plus photography, but that's besides the point). I'll keep a copy of the previous version as a backup in case a make a screw up you guys don't like and I can easily revert it to make life easier and save me time. I'm going to be spending most of tonight and bits and pieces of my 3 day weekend re-texturing and, if needed, updating the mod. I really love how many people I made happy with this mod and I hope to see more smiles (not that I can actually see smiles, but you should assume that I can >:3). I'll be back to you guys as soon as I'm done. Thank you and see you later.

9. Arevela

Another note, I'm always open to suggestions and feedback on updates, as always (I enjoy seeing comments, it means you care ^w^, but if it's something negative, please convey it in a way that I can learn from, thank you).

10. Arevela

11. Arevela

I uploaded the updated mod for you guys, I hope you enjoy it. There's a small issue with the manipulator bar and the middle hotbars that I'm trying to work around to make it easier to navigate and more visually appealing.

12. Starbound playa

Starbound playa Pangalactic Porcupine

13. Derp231

Derp231 Void-Bound Voyager

It doesn't look like the one's from the screenshot
    Screenshot.png

14. Arevela

15. Arevela

I see what you meant @Derp231, I realized that I had to change the version string (as mentioned in the update lol) so the file didn't get uploaded because I didn't change it. It should work now, however I started the game and I'm noticing a few visual bugs that I'm working on, so sit tight if it bothers you, this goes for everyone xDD. Love you all
    -Arevela​

16. Arevela

Arevela updated Sword Art Online HUD 2.0 with a new update entry:

v2.1!!

Read the rest of this update entry...

17. Aimlessimp05

Aimlessimp05 Pangalactic Porcupine

This mod doesnt look that bad. Would love to use it with the 1.0 unstable hotbar. Also add maybe a darker version like a darksteel grey.

18. Arevela

Hey everyone, I noticed with the 1.0 release the ui is a lot different so my mod won't look very well (in fact it will probably look terrible lol) and I will eventually make a version that is compatible with the 1.0 ui (It's mostly the hotbar and playerbar, everything else is the same, I think) As some of you may know, I don't update very often, in fact, I hardly update at all. I kind of have to be in the mood to work on this mod :/.
    I had someone who looked at my mod and actually made a change I wanted to upload into a new version (I recall it replacing the hotbar and the playerbar) but the assets were only compatible to the previous versions (like this mod's current hotbar and playerbar). This someone I want to credit with the highest regard is Inf_Wolf14 for going out of his way to show me a ui design that just blew my mind. The textures he made to the playerbar and hotbar looked so good, I wanted to immediately upload them into a new version. However, I'm lazy and the 1.0 update overhauled the ui so all I can do is either use his textures as a model to make new textures to work for 1.0 or ask him to do it (because he's the one who made it). I'm hoping to post an update relatively soon and hope I get some more help from Inf_Wolf14, himself. Hope to see more love for this mod.
    If you want to help me with this project, because eventually I want the entire ui overhauled and I think that may be a tall order. You don't need to know any coding (I don't, lol) you just have to have an idea of SAO's ui and have at least a basic skill at Paint.NET, Photoshop, ect. (not Microsoft Paint lol).
    Love all of you lots and have an awesome day/night!

19. RedMageKnight

RedMageKnight Big Damn Hero

Thanks for the update Arevela - I hadn't played Starbound in a while and cracked it open after the 1.0 update and your mod was one of the first I downloaded and noticed the issue you described. I'm glad to see there's still intent to work on it :)

20. Arevela

Hey everyone, I just want to let you all know that, one, this mod is horribly outdated and I want to get it up to date, and two, there's a lot of work to do to get more content added to this mod and I kind of need help. I've mentioned this before, but I'm counting the number of assets that are to be made, and I've counted over 800 and still counting. Honestly, I can't offer much, except that you're helping the development of the really cool mod that I hope one day will be 100% complete. I mean, that's pretty cool, no? But seriously though, there's so much work to be done for this mod and I just think it would be so cool to have some help with this. I'm not going to beg for help, because I can eventually get through over 800 assets, eventually. I just think that it will get the mod updated much faster and we all get to enjoy this really cool mod (my opinion, respect it xD). Love you all, and enjoy the rest of your day. See ya!
    EDIT: I just finished counting. It's over 1000 assets! (including whatever assets still work from Early Access Starbound)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    Inf_Wolf14 likes this.