1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Supporting Starbound

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by InfinityGaming, Sep 2, 2015.

1. InfinityGaming

InfinityGaming 2.7182818284590...

Not sure if this would be the right place to put it, but I was wondering how someone might possibly donate to the game's development? I have been playing this game since it first became available for the public, and I really want to support it in some way. (You could give me a job if ya want, I mean you don't have to though ;D) I laughed a bit when I clicked on the Game Support tab from the home page, expecting to find a donation button or some sort of Patreon link.

Akre likes this.
  2. DoomFire

DoomFire Existential Complex

Buy the game for a friend. or just buy it and give it to someone who can't buy it.
    That's the best way to support Starbound and Chucklefish.

3. InfinityGaming

Don't have any friends that want the game, unfortunately. I also don't know anyone who would want to play it, considering everyone I've ever met who knows about Starbound already has it :/

4. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Buy it as a gift and keep it for a rainy day. Post a thread and offer it up. Run a contest. Etc.

Plenty of options.

5. InfinityGaming

Thats... Actually a great Idea! Thanks! I'll think of some sort of fun contest and give away a few copies of the game later on.

6. Disig

Disig Pangalactic Porcupine

My husband and I bought copies for a bunch of our friends. They never play it but we consider the money a donation anyway.

7. SugarShow

SugarShow Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm gonna buy 1 million of copies of Starbound if win the lottery this week :3 ( :pfff: ).

8. khalismur

khalismur Big Damn Hero

Well just don't forget the money you throw to CF when buying Starbound for PC(Win, Linux, Mac) is largely being used elsewhere (Starbound XBOX, Starbound Win10, Tiy's new game and publishing other software).