1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Supper's Weapons Mod (Discontinued) 1.9

Re-adds some removed beta stuff

1. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

The description made here by Sentient is the same one I've copy pasted on Steam Workshop and as he said previously, the mod is not yet compatible with manufacturer touch. He still need to patch the things since he have little time, so it's not out yet.

Your post on steam causes misunderstandings sayin' " the description is outdated - manufacturer's touch is compatible "

2. AlbertoRota

AlbertoRota Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've personaly tested it, from new character to avian boss without any issue.

Thats the definiton of "compatible".

The description also stands that it's safe to unistall, while it isn't due to the new dungeons.

I were trying to help, even if you copy&paste what is here, the main page here, info is not update to the actual status of the mod :(

Anyway, pls, delete my coment on steam if it annoys you, I was just trying to help.

3. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

Other people, like the one that posted the Log Error here, use Manufacturer Touch and they reporting issues while using both mods. So it's not compatible. I don't update the Description Mod on Steam ( neither Supper here ) sayin " oh guys it's compatible with the touchy thingie without any patch !!1!!!!! " because only one says it is compatible when all the rest have issues.

So if SentientSupper have not patched it yet ( and he said it ), it's still incompatible.

If you remove the mod is it safe, already tested a lot previously. But it's not safe as any other mod that add generated dungeons if you remove it, no one can fix that because the Generated Planet that had a Dungeon cannot be modified, it keeps the data saved, so you get a Kickback to the Ship or a crash if you try to re-visit again the spot were the dungeon was.

The solution is to delete that world file. All the things will be re-generated again when beaming down and you'll be able to explore it again

There are infinite stars, so if you don't want to reset the universe ( or single planets ), just generate new Star Systems from the Star Map, et voilĂ , new planets with no dungeon issues

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  4. AlbertoRota

Sorry bout you are wrong about it.
    There is an error with "Explosive energy lance"? -> YES
    Is the mod caused by having mods installed? -> NO

The error is from "Manufacturer's touch" (Thanks to @johivas for the extremely detailed report), and is caused because "explosive damage" is not patched to "Energy lance" but it
    has NOTHING to do with mod incompatibility issues.

So.. it is safe... but it is not... and no one can fix that... so get kickback to the ship or a crash... and you must delete your world file...

Quite curious definition of "safe", look, I understand it, I KNOW what will happen if i delete the mod and try to re-visit a USCM bunker, and I'm ok with that, because this mod is AWSOME and I'm willing to take the risk.
    I'm just saying that the description should be clear about it, you state: "- Unsub. the Mod won't affect your game", and that's NOT true, you will lose any and all word affected :(

So, re-read the main page:
    "Should be compatible with Manf. Touch since the last update. Manf. Touch features will not be added to modded weapons though."

And please, if it annoys you so much, delete the steam comment, I'm ok with that, I will NEVER re-post it, I will NEVER claim that you deleted it.
    I was trying to HELP, I did my own test run and found no problem at all, had a ton of fun, and happily posted it on steam, I'm sorry, I can't delete the comment, but you can, and I'm ok with that.

Sorry.

apinanaivot likes this.
  5. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

Quite curious definiton of safe ? :D LUL

It is safe if you remove the mod because you WON'T GET ANY issue with the Weapons found or anything else that is related to your Character, Ship and progress stuff. You just " lose " a bunch of planets.

And there, how many planets you will lose ? 2 ? 3 ? Not ALL the planets have a 100% old-dungeon spawn. Planets can have the vanilla ones, FU ones and no generated dungeons too. So those you previously visited ( before installing the mod ) can still be explored. And the mod on steam is fresh. For example I still need to find the USMC bunker, since the dungeon update, and already visited many planets and generated new star systems too.

Dungeons and such stuff is generated when you beam down on the Planet, not that ALL the planets are lost when removing the mod because of the old-dungeons re-introduced.

So losing those 2 / 3 planets is an issue and it is not safe ? As said previously : generate new star systems with the Star Map and you fixed that, since you will not land on those planets anymore, since you visited them already and its 101% approved that you will not land again on those planets, since there is nothing more to do there.

It's like cryin' / complaining about losing a gun or two when the mod replaced the vanilla ones. Why complain about them when the vanilla ones are even terrible ? There are better ones with the mod and in high tiers ( lev 6 - lev 7 / 8 with fu ) you'll find them, alongside the vanilla ones too.

People should not attach that much to the things they find, since better ones will replace them anyway without or with the mods. Jesus, just explore high tier planets to find weapons, the game is designed / programmed for that.

Complaining aobut those famous 2 / 3 planets lost, when you can generate MILLIONS new that will have no issues, it's just hilarious :D

PS : I have read the comment he posted in the previous page about the patches and the Update Logs, not the recent overview update.... so i'll update the steam stuff with the " should be " stuff.

6. AlbertoRota

Well, I see why we don't understand each other position.
    I've already built a colony in one of those SPLENDID bunkers, it took me some time, but i found one, I know I will lose EVERYTHING, was an informed choice.
    If don't know this, and I lost all my colony, it will be a problem.

You even state it in the F.A.Q.:
    I'm just saying that some people return to planets, or even build in planets, I just think that this should be said clearly, so that anyone can make an informed choice.
    It's not a character deleter like, for example "Enchanced temperature", but "Unsub. the Mod won't affect your game" is a quite optimistic attitude.

7. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

If you build something on those planets that have a mod generated dungeon and then unsubscribe, lose everything, well, that's just your fault, the FAQ said what could happen. And you should already know that even without the FAQ. The generated dungeon mods works that way since years.

Unsubbing won't affect your whole game, but just those bunch / pair of planets you found that had a mod generated dungeon.

So yeah, not an issue ( or an optimistic attitude as you said ), but a common knownledge since years - as said previosuly - if you unsub from mods that add dungeons. Once again your own issue if you build stuff there and if u think everything will be still available after unsubbing mods.

Pepole return on Planets where they have build something and not as you stating. There's no point to get back on a visited ( and abandoned ) planet where you already gathered your stuff, found the chests, etc etc.

There are - once again - MILLIONS of planets where you can build ( with the same biome ) and not just one you visited previously. You are not linked only to that one forever.

Don't tell me that all the starbound players goes back again on that planet when they have nothing to do there and when you can find a same one.

Starbound : Millions of planet to explore. People complains / cries for just 1 planet ( !!! ) that affect the whole game / breaks everything. LOL

8. SonicundMario

SonicundMario Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This mod is pretty hyped on the workshop.Can I ask what you're working on at the moment :)?

9. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

3868 Subscribers and still growing ! Chucklefish wake up plz...

Supper is working to bring back in all the Melee Weapons that shoot projectiles and stuff afaik

Tier Melee / Ranged Weapons should be added in the mod too

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  10. SonicundMario

SonicundMario Scruffy Nerf-Herder

He also said he would add the old techs from the resource.This means we finally have the old Starbound back! (Well atleast many things from it)

11. SentientSupper

SentientSupper Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sorry for the late reply, something must've happened with the forums and I didn't receive any alerts.
    Regarding the next update, there will be a few minor changes to the guns. I've made no progress on the staves and melee so far (I'm bad at lua). I also plan on reintroducing the old gunfire recoil animations. The old techs will have to wait as I've never worked on techs before and I have yet to get familiar with them.
    I've tried to change the format of the treasurepools to make them compatible with other mods that do so, but have been unsuccessful so far, simply replacing "replace" with "add" does not work (I'm looking at you apinanavot). Any help is appreciated.
    As for the tiered weapons, I've yet to get the hang of adding recipes to the game before working on them.
    Now we've reached 4000
    It appears that quite a lot of people want the old weapons back. Fhucklefish has made a mistake removing them (I don't think they've given a reason for the change). There are also plenty of other features I would like to see back in the game (remember when you could put weapons in defense turrets and have them use the guns?). The devs shouldn't make any changes that make playing the older versions of the gaming desirable (I kind of wish I still have the koala versions of the game). Unless Starbound gets about as many unique weapons as some other games like Enter The Gungeon, it is rather pointless shifting the focus from procedurally generated weapons to unique weapons.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
    Psygnosis likes this.
  12. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

Yup and those 4061 users are not a small group ! Those weapons are highly requested and your mod proves it

And nope, they have not given a good reason to change all the previous stuff and replacing it with totally crap / ugly weapon system. In vanilla when you find a good weapon, then you won't change it anymore, because the generated ones will be similar or even the same.

Hope the devs checks out how the mod is became so popular in a bunch of days !

13. zippo5767

zippo5767 Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, SentientSupper, I'm sorry to bother you, you've undoubtably got more important things than me to deal with, but your mod is now conflicting w/ Frackin' Universe to the point where it crashes on loadup. The Lab Guard (Human Bunker/Bunker Guard) npc, and others are having trouble with labgaurdlookout they appear in both your mod and his, and it immediately crashes to the desktop. I dont know if you could just do a simple file name-change or anything simple, that's not my area of expertise, but I thought you should now. I'm guessing that this is a side-effect of re-adding beta content? Your mod is one of my favorites, and so is Frackin', it's a shame these two can't run side-by-side at the moment, and I hope you take the time to make the adjustments so that I can continue to use this on my server w/ my friends again.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  14. TinfoilColm

TinfoilColm Orbital Explorer

Agreeing with Zippo5767 here, after the Frackin' update this morning the two mods crash when they are loaded together. It does seem that the only conflict is the names for the npcs, though I am fairly uneducated on mods so take my advice with a grain of salt. A compatibility fix would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!

15. SentientSupper

Right-ho.
    Please wait patiently while I fix the mod. Expect the update later this night.
    By the way, if you have any problems, please post them here instead of on steam workshop. I cannot reply directly to you if you post them there.

Psygnosis likes this.
  16. SentientSupper

SentientSupper updated Supper's Weapons Mod (previously legacy projectiles) with a new update entry:

New recoil animations, improved weapon palettes, and another FU compatibility patch.

Read the rest of this update entry...

17. TAImatem

TAImatem Subatomic Cosmonaut

So, just moving stuff to according places helped? So much for adding 1 to every name :D

18. SentientSupper

Well, if you simply change the names of the npcs, you might cause crashes with the dungeons that have the npcs.

19. TAImatem

TAImatem Subatomic Cosmonaut

I changed it EVERYWHERE: in .dungeon files, in .npctype files and in terrestial_worlds patch (I changed dungeon names, too) and almost posted it here
    PS I probably should try to make a mod myself

20. zippo5767

zippo5767 Void-Bound Voyager

It's still doing the same thing...
    Note: It's possible the Steam version is broken, because someone said it worked when installed from the forum. going to test this now. The mod updated there, but it might still be broken there, still somehow.
    Second Note: The Steam version is still broken, yours works.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016