1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Sun

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by pwnload, Apr 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earic Lodger

Earic Lodger Starship Captain

Geez. I'll edit my post then.
    Time to get the elephant out of the room:
    imagesCA8VRNH4.jpg

Kyrios311 likes this.
  2. Chaosmancer

Chaosmancer Big Damn Hero

Quite a good idea, actually. You would probably need to work quite hard for it though. You would need a building material that can withstand extreme heat as well as explosions (so, the equivalent of obsidian in Minecraft), as well as a ship that has the durability to withstand the heat, a suit that would allow you to withstand it, a suit that would allow anybody you put there to withstand it, and something that means that anything you put there won't just disintegrate.

Saying that, if you could stand on the sun/a star, it would probably mean that more consequences would have to be added (namely if you are able to destroy the sun of a galaxy, it would have to have an effect on that galaxy, making it colder, darker, changing terrain, changing what people say/how they dress etc. In fact, the consequences would be quite dire if you could nuke the sun (sounds like fun), although you would then need to have something to protect all of your crew/ship/things and yourself from the extreme cold, as well as anyone on any of the planets that you want to save. Not entirely sure how difficult it would be to implement all of that into the game, but I do think that it is a great idea.

3. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

Maybe later in the game, you get an anti-sun-heat-repellent-lotion/suit.

4. Lasercat77

Lasercat77 Pangalactic Porcupine

Instead of blowing it up,i'd siphon all the literal solar energy from it and hit warp speed before the resulting supernova turns anything within 4000 lightyears into space dust.

Khaan likes this.
  5. Supertt007

Supertt007 Big Damn Hero

Maybe they can make that in the core of the sun, there actually is a well-developed alien society. The outside part of the sun is just protecting them

6. Ferroseed

Ferroseed Phantasmal Quasar

Am i the only one who thought of this when they saw this thread?

It would be pretty cool though, maybe you'd only be able to stay there for a short amount of time but be able to find some epic loot if you find it in time.

bioemerl likes this.
  7. Dr Fushba

Dr Fushba Cosmic Narwhal

I'd just surround it with solar panels, and take all light energy that leaves.
    Our spaceships will blot out the sun!

8. Nomicakes

Nomicakes Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I do believe that concept is callled a Dyson Sphere, good sir.
    Dyson sphere
    Great minds think alike, eh?

9. SaneOsiris

SaneOsiris Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm walking on sunshine, whoohoo!

10. Khaan

Khaan Contact!

You sir, have next level logic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.